Is a three seed still safe | Syracusefan.com

Is a three seed still safe

Not at all safe, but I view it as more likely than a 5.

They probably deserve a bad 3 seed in a random location. I am expecting a 4.

I'd like a 3 out west with SD st as the 2

or a 4 in wichita's bracket

I think Buffalo may have gone poof with this pie that we baked tonight.

With the POD system, even with a 4 seed, still likely to be in Buffalo for the first two rounds.

Losing to NC State 90 minutes from their home is not a bad loss, nowhere near losing to BC & GT in the Dome. And, if State were to beat Duke tomorrow, they may just make it to the tourney.

I think Buffalo may have gone poof with this pie that we baked tonight.

that's crazy talk even as bad as we have been we are still ahead of Michigan state who would be only threat to buffalo. NC State isn't really that bad. there rpi is probably in the 60's or 70's

If they go entire body of work we should be a 3 (with still a chance at a 4)... there are still a few teams that could push there way up moving us down. Or move the other way. Every team on the 3/4 line is still alive as of now.

Let's look at the 3 and 4 before today per the bracket matrix

Duke
Virginia
Creighton
Iowa St

Louisville
SD St
Cincy
Michigan St

One of the 3's moves up to the 2 line to replace us. Other than Duke/Virginia, our resume can compete against any of those teams. It could go either way in some cases.

Remember Louisville looks great, but the resume has not been helped this week. Beating Houston/Rutgers in the AAC does nothing to help them this week.

San Diego St needs to beat New Mexico otherwise they can't move up.

Cincy looks like it may lose to UConn tonight.

Michigan St is playing Northwestern tonight... let's see if they can get a big win in the B10.

Remember comments like "WE SUCK BALLS" is not a metric the Committee looks at.

Buffalo is a lock. Resume is still a 3 probably out west. Might do us good to get away if we can make it past the first weekend.

With the POD system, even with a 4 seed, still likely to be in Buffalo for the first two rounds.

Losing to NC State 90 minutes from their home is not a bad loss, nowhere near losing to BC & GT in the Dome. And, if State were to beat Duke tomorrow, they may just make it to the tourney.

beat duke and I have them sneaking in to play in(over byu who lost a mjajor player for year in wcc tourney) as long as no bid thieves happen

No way we are not a 3.

Grant and Baye missing during 3 of our last 5. We should be closer to a 2 then a 4.

Yeah we got beat today on a court we never played on and Fair had a awfull day. We didn't look like a 3 seed but its one game. We didn't belong at 11 with 4-5 losses more like 7-9

a have us as 3 in Midwest after the loss with duke getting msg as 3 in east

pearl31 said:
Yeah, serious! Now THAT's serious right there! Well done!

Ok, how far do you think this team is going?

No way we are not a 3.

Grant and Baye missing during 3 of our last 5. We should be closer to a 2 then a 4.

Yeah we got beat today on a court we never played on and Fair had a awfull day. We didn't look like a 3 seed but its one game. We didn't belong at 11 with 4-5 losses more like 7-9

we were borderline 2-3 before losing to bubble team 3 is likely where we fall

beat duke and I have them sneaking in to play in(over byu who lost a mjajor player for year in wcc tourney) as long as no bid thieves happen

You think they will take a seed away from BYU because of an injury? Don't remember them after taking away a chance for a bubble team because of an injury in the tourney.

Personally I don't think they would. I think they would measure BYU on what they did and did not do.

But I did not know BYU had an injury either. So thanks for the info, and I will consider it going forward. Maybe I change my mind

If they go entire body of work we should be a 3 (with still a chance at a 4)... there are still a few teams that could push there way up moving us down. Or move the other way. Every team on the 3/4 line is still alive as of now.

Let's look at the 3 and 4 before today per the bracket matrix

Duke
Virginia
Creighton
Iowa St

Louisville
SD St
Cincy
Michigan St

One of the 3's moves up to the 2 line to replace us. Other than Duke/Virginia, our resume can compete against any of those teams. It could go either way in some cases.

Remember Louisville looks great, but the resume has not been helped this week. Beating Houston/Rutgers in the AAC does nothing to help them this week.

San Diego St needs to beat New Mexico otherwise they can't move up.

Cincy looks like it may lose to UConn tonight.

Michigan St is playing Northwestern tonight... let's see if they can get a big win in the B10.

Remember comments like "WE SUCK BALLS" is not a metric the Committee looks at.
Louisville will be a 2 seed when all is said and done. They' re the one team I want no part of right now. We'd lose by 30+ to them in the tourney.

No way we are not a 3.

And if the committee has ever seen BMK play would probably say that helped us.

At this point our seed means didley squat as does the region. Just an opinion from this fan who unfortunately is losing optimism slowly, but surely.

I say get us the heck out of Dodge and go west or anywhere that isn't local.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom