Is a three seed still safe | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Is a three seed still safe

and yet rpi is actually give to committee on fact sheet when they go to select/seed teams while polls are not
The RPI is not "facts". It's a made up (and flawed) formula. It's a tool that is sometimes used by the committee to make decisions on teams that are difficult to separate. Teams that often have less exposure on TV.

Perception and the opinions of the members of the committee actually do matter and are largely the driving factor when it comes to seeding and what teams make the tourney as at large teams.

Joe Lunardi has bastardized the system because everyone now thinks they are an expert when it comes to predicting the brackets. In reality it is extremely easy to pick the 68 teams that make the tourney within 3 or 4 picks. He has always stated that seeding the teams is very difficult. He's actually one of the worst at predicting seeds within a line.

If you don't think the polls are an accurate indicator of the top seeds, take a look at the last 5 tourneys and the AP and ESPN poll in the week leading up to Selection Sunday. You will notice a strong correlation between the rankings and their seeds, moving up or down a seed line based on the respective teams performance in their conference tourney.

oh not a fact sheet a team sheet tells top 25 rpi wins,top 50 wins,top 100 wins any bad losses sos, road wins. committee memebers watch teams so they know how they are playing to rank them in votes.Usually the voters get it right but Louisville has been over ranked in the polls all season

oh not a fact sheet a team sheet tells top 25 rpi wins,top 50 wins,top 100 wins any bad losses sos, road wins. committee memebers watch teams so they know how they are playing to rank them in votes.Usually the voters get it right but Louisville has been over ranked in the polls all season
How is Lville over ranked all season?

Also, I don't mean to nitpick, but try to get your grammar up a bit. Your posts have been a little difficult to decipher.

Also, I don't mean to nitpick, but try to get your grammar up a bit. Your posts have been a little difficult to decipher.

Louisville has benefited from the terrible bottom half of the AAC and comparing what they have done versus other top 10 teams resumes it doesn't compare. And it is a message board not an essay contest

can't see this team making it past the sweet sixteen.
now that other team from Syracuse that won 25 straight, those guys had a chance...

:rolleyes:

Trying to figure that out myself, they don't have one bad loss at all.
Why don't you fill us in on all of their marvelous wins?
(and, no, beatdowns on the AAC sisters of the poor don't quite cut it)

I think Buffalo may have gone poof with this pie that we baked tonight.

the teams right behind SU on the S - curve don't have Buffalo as a preferred destination. The only one in shouting distance is Michigan St. but I think they're still too far back to be a problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom