Is a three seed still safe | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Is a three seed still safe

we are more likely than not a 3 but could be the last 3

List some teams with a better resume than Louisville's. Don't think you can name that many.
florida,Arizona, Wisconsin, michigan, villanova, Creighton,duke,us, Kansas,iowa state,virginia. undefeated Wichita will be higher too

We have lost 5 of last 7. Most likely get dropped to a #4.

won't drop from a 2 to 4 by losing a close game to a borderline tourney team unless Michigan state happens to win big ten title

we are more likely than not a 3 but could be the last 3

I think what teams like Creighton / SD St / Cincy / Mich St do will determine if we are a 3 or 4.

I'd personally have us as a weak 3 seed, but pretty confident we'll be a 4 at this point. 3 seeds are 9-12. Obviously the AP and Coach's polls aren't the same as what's used in the seedings, but we were 11th in the polls this week and just lost another embarrassing game. Likely dropping to the mid-teens.

florida,Arizona, Wisconsin, michigan, villanova, Creighton,duke,us, Kansas,iowa state

Not sure about Creighton, but everyone else I concur.

And I know you didn't include Wichita St, because they don't have a great resume. But we know they are certainly going to take one of 8 spots on the top 2 lines.

Thanks for the insight into the jncuse bracket committee.

In reality, Lville is so much closer to a 2 seed than you think right now. They're going to be 29-5 leaving teams in the dust over the last two weeks.

We'd struggle to beat Houston by 5 tonight.

I raised some points on how the committee tends to act and the metrics they use... you don't like it so you bitch. Whatever.

florida,Arizona, Wisconsin, michigan, villanova, Creighton,duke,us, Kansas,iowa state

I give you some of those obviously, but a few of those I have to disagree on.

Florida, Arizona no doubt.

Wisconsin, Michigan, Duke, about on par IMO

Iowa State, Kansas, Nova, Creighton, SU no

won't drop from a 2 to 4 by losing a close game to a borderline tourney team unless Michigan state happens to win big ten title
SU came in as a border line 2/3. The committee historically is not kind to:
-teams stinking it up at the end of the season (2-5)
-teams that don't win a game in their conference tourney
we score on both counts. We'll see. But if we don't shoot the ball a lot better it isn't going to matter.

I'd personally have us as a weak 3 seed, but pretty confident we'll be a 4 at this point. 3 seeds are 9-12. Obviously the AP and Coach's polls aren't the same as what's used in the seedings, but we were 11th in the polls this week and just lost another embarrassing game. Likely dropping to the mid-teens.

Remember though we were #8 on the matrix, and #11 in the rankings. So our resume was a little better than our ranking already. Ranking tend to focus more on how you are playing now, as compared to a tourney seeding.

I do agree though that if the wrong thing happens this weekend we are border 3/4.

Wisconsin, Michigan, Duke, about on par IMO

Resume. Overall body of work. Who you've played and who you've beaten. You might want to take a look at Louisville's season results compared to those other teams.

Not sure about Creighton, but everyone else I concur.

And I know you didn't include Wichita St, because they don't have a great resume. But we know they are certainly going to take one of 8 spots on the top 2 lines.

correct on Wichita but creighton I already have above us as last 2 seed slot with duke just behind them. don't see cincy or sd state passing us.

Louisville is ranked 5 in the polls right now. They will be higher than Nova after the weekend. How can so many pundits put Nova as a 1 or 2 seed and struggle to put Lville above a 3 seed?

Too much emphasis is being place no the RPI right now. It's a flawed metric because it doesn't take into consideration the "time" aspect of the season. How a team is playing right now and who they beat or lost to in Nov/Dec really does make a difference as to where a team should be seeded and ultimately is seeded.

Wisconsin, Michigan, Duke, about on par IMO YOUR JOKING RIGHT !

CLOSER BUT STILL WRONG

Resume. Overall body of work. Who you've played and who you've beaten. You might want to take a look at Louisville's season results compared to those other teams.

I'm looking at the full body of work. Louisville has 5 losses, all to ranked teams at the time and have beaten a few tournament teams and will probably be beating more in the next few days. I'm lacking to see who some of the teams you listed have beaten in comparison and some of those teams has some really bad losses.

I'm looking at the full body of work. Louisville has 5 losses, all to ranked teams at the time and have beaten a few tournament teams and will probably be beating more in the next few days. I'm lacking to see who some of the teams you listed have beaten in comparison and some of those teams has some really bad losses.

EVERY TEAM I LISTED HAS 10 OR MORE 10 100 RPI WINS LOUISVILLE 7 , 8 IF WIN CHAMPIONSHIP. EXCEPT WICHITA WHO IS GETTInG A 1 SEED

EVERY TEAM I LISTED HAS 10 OR MORE 10 100 RPI WINS LOUISVILLE 7 , 8 IF WIN CHAMPIONSHIP. EXCEPT WICHITA WHO IS GETTInG A 1 SEED

AND IF THE RPI WAS THE END ALL BE ALL YOU WOULD PROBABLY BE CORRECT. I'M SORRY THAT I THINK LOUISVILLE HAS A BETTER RESUME THAN IOWA STATE.

You place way too much emphasis on the RPI. It doesn't all come down to RPI. The committee actually watches games and sees what teams are playing well and which ones are not (like us). They take that into consideration.

The Bracket Matrix is usually not very accurate at predicting the seeds that teams receive.

Let me ask you this question: which team is better right now, Louisville or Villanova?

=proper(
)

I tried using the "proper" function to correct your string. Apparently you have an issue with your caps button going crazy.

Louisville is ranked 5 in the polls right now. They will be higher than Nova after the weekend. How can so many pundits put Nova as a 1 or 2 seed and struggle to put Lville above a 3 seed?

Too much emphasis is being place no the RPI right now. It's a flawed metric because it doesn't take into consideration the "time" aspect of the season. How a team is playing right now and who they beat or lost to in Nov/Dec really does make a difference as to where a team should be seeded and ultimately is seeded.

polls mean nothing to the committee and villanova has better resume even though Louisville is playing great and is a serious contender there resume is there resume

polls mean nothing to the committee and villanova has better resume even though Louisville is playing great and is a serious contender there resume is there resume
Polls are a much better indicator of current perception than the RPI.

I think what teams like Creighton / SD St / Cincy / Mich St do will determine if we are a 3 or 4.

Michigan state and even Creighton I will give you but san diego state I cant there max seed is a 4

Polls are a much better indicator of current perception than the RPI.

and yet rpi is actually give to committee on fact sheet when they go to select/seed teams while polls are not

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom