Is this our actual ceiling for the season? | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Is this our actual ceiling for the season?

Eh. Kadary is 74%. Good enough. If he played the last 5 minutes, I think we win easily. Joe was horrible all game, and came right in and helped chuck us into a loss. If it got to a point where we were inbounding and Pitt was in foul to stop the clock mode, then put him in.
Richmond doesn’t give up that alleyoop late in the game either.

Well, when the coach bitches about you not being in shape at the beginning of the season, and you don’t get minutes to actually get in shape during the game, you use the tools you have. The bike. It’s also a good way to be warm when you finally do get the nod to go in.

And I’m not railing on you brother, just tired of the same situation playing out again.

And we wonder why highly ranked recruits aren’t signing up to play for JB?

Oh I know. I have a little hope still left. Which is saying something being a cowboys mets and knicks fan( knicks in fairness aren't pathetic yet this year). We still have tapes of older games to enjoy in the meantime. Broken record statement but neither recruiting, player leadership or player effort has been the same since Hop left. I can't help but look at at the current assistants on that one.

I'd add the covid/quarantine potential, which already sat BB, to reasons KR should see regular minutes regardless of where BB/JG's game is at. We're one test away from a starting PG sitting, therefore keeping KR involved and ready to go with regular/reasonable PT makes sense to me.
Over course of the season, sharing PT evenly, doubt that KR would grade lowest. Debatable sure.
Not a hater on starting PG's, but don't consider KR inferior -already the best defender and has highest ceiling.
Can’t believe it took this long for someone to make this point, but I’m damned glad you did.

Well, when the coach bitches about you not being in shape at the beginning of the season, and you don’t get minutes to actually get in shape during the game, you use the tools you have. The bike. It’s also a good way to be warm when you finally do get the nod to go in.

And I’m not railing on you brother, just tired of the same situation playing out again.

Come on. The only time to build endurance is during games? Kadary said himself that he wasn't properly conditionedvto play 30 plus minutes in a high intensity game.

Come on. The only time to build endurance is during games? Kadary said himself that he wasn't properly conditionedvto play 30 plus minutes in a high intensity game.
How many weeks ago was that?

3, maybe 4? Same time Boeheim siad exactly the same thing. What's your point?

This is insane.

Lol.

Numbers are numbers.

Points per attempt:
Triche: 1.2
Scoop: 1.2
Buddy: 1 (1.1 last season)
Joe: 1 (1.1 last season)

Not much difference there. The differences in assists, rebounds, turnovers, steals are all negligible. Scoop had one more assist per game than Joe (easily Scoop’s highest assist year) and Triche is obviously the better defender. Triche wasn’t able to penetrate very well at that point in his career. Scoop’s ballhandling was good and he could beat guys with the drive.

Again, we’re looking at Sophomore Triche and Junior Scoop.

Kadary is averaging 23 minutes a game as a freshman playing behind two returning starters. He has played over 30 minutes 4 times and at least 18 in all but two. Buddy and Joe were playing at the top of their games last night and it’s not a stretch to say we may have lost the game if they sat in the second half.
I do think we need to find a way to get Woody some minutes now that Braswell looks like a solid contributor, particularly when Bourama comes back, but I am not concerned with Richmond getting his minutes.

It’s also a stretch to say we would NOT of lost if KR played another 6-8 minutes!

Maybe it was discussed elsewhere, but it would seem that a true highly ranked recruit would want to go to a school where the coach plays the top guys a lot. Maybe the recruiting problems are from not having good recruiters rather than perceived lack of development opportunities. Regardless, I think the 6 minutes was an anomaly and Kadary will continue to play a lot. And FWIW, I don't think we are even close to our ceiling.

If the expectations are now just making the NCAAT then the fanbase should cool down.
If the expectations are to be an elite program then this thread is completely on point.

I see JB running this program like he is very comfortable with this roster. Which tells me the program isn’t striving for NCs or conference titles.
As the talent isn’t good enough for that.
I don’t see the staff recruiting guards which tell us they are comfortable with our roster.

J
Yeah, thats the scary part

Either JB is on autopilot and just happy to coach his son and friend from AAU days and where he and the staff are complacent and content with middle of the pack ACC to squeak into the NCAAT
or they are delusional and think this roster can actually do more than what I listed above

With the resources available, they should have higher expectations than the results of the last 5-6 years but im not sure they show that in how they manage the minutes, roster, and recruit.

ppl continuing to use Goodine as some proof, when he has multiple DNPs at his new school and is averaging fewer MPG than he did at SU, is... something
Well I have previously mentioned that he may have been a reach to have the staff secure his committment so early in his recruitment. Maybe he was seen as not being a threat to Buddy, who knows.

But would you rather have 4 guards on roster or just 3? and if Kadary does the same and bolts, would you rather have 3 on the roster or just Buddy and Joe? Think about it...

Well I have previously mentioned that he may have been a reach to have the staff secure his committment so early in his recruitment. Maybe he was seen as not being a threat to Buddy, who knows.

But would you rather have 4 guards on roster or just 3? and if Kadary does the same and bolts, would you rather have 3 on the roster or just Buddy and Joe? Think about it...
Think about what? They took a flyer on a player and that player proved to be not a p5-level guard even though he thinks otherwise about himself. Not the same as Kadary in any way, shape, or form. But narrative...

Think about what? They took a flyer on a player and that player proved to be not a p5-level guard even though he thinks otherwise about himself. Not the same as Kadary in any way, shape, or form. But narrative...
Think about roster management for the future. Staff was surprised last year, they knew Carey and probably Washington was gone, they didnt expect BG.

Dont want to get caught with your pants down again and having to scramble in the offseason for a transfer because you dont even bother to recruit the position during the normal recruiting cycle, thats all.

You need depth for the usual injuries, suspension and now covid quarantines in this day and age. For most coaches, its risky going into a season with just 3 scholarship guards, 2 is roster suicide.

Think about roster management for the future. Staff was surprised last year, they knew Carey and probably Washington was gone, they didnt expect BG.

Dont want to get caught with your pants down again and having to scramble in the offseason for a transfer because you dont even bother to recruit the position during the normal recruiting cycle, thats all.

You need depth for the usual injuries, suspension and now covid quarantines in this day and age. For most coaches, its risky going into a season with just 3 scholarship guards, 2 is roster suicide.
um ok sure. what can they do if a kid sees himself as a much better player than he actually is, as obv is the case w Goodine? Tell him he's gonna play a bunch of minutes so they can keep him on the roster? Kid was/is a bust as evidenced at both SU and PC

um ok sure. what can they do if a kid sees himself as a much better player than he actually is, as obv is the case w Goodine? Tell him he's gonna play a bunch of minutes so they can keep him on the roster? Kid was/is a bust as evidenced at both SU and PC
I dont disagree with the bust part, but that label doesnt apply to Kadary and Jim needs to realize in this day and age player movement is unlike any in history.

Kadary is not a player you want to lose because you play Joe and Buddy 37 mins a game, I just dont think its a smart strategy in 2021

Beat UNC

I dont disagree with the bust part, but that label doesnt apply to Kadary and Jim needs to realize in this day and age player movement is unlike any in history.

Kadary is not a player you want to lose because you play Joe and Buddy 37 mins a game, I just dont think its a smart strategy in 2021

Beat UNC

Goodine averaged 8.7 minutes per game. Richmond is averaging 23. With three guards with different skill sets, we will see plenty of all three of them, depending on the opponent, game situation and how they are playing in that game.

Goodine averaged 8.7 minutes per game. Richmond is averaging 23. With three guards with different skill sets, we will see plenty of all three of them, depending on the opponent, game situation and how they are playing in that game.

SWC - You should know by now there is no place for data in a reasoned debate like this.

And I will die on the hill that if Buddy hadn’t gone into COVID protocol, forcing JBs hand, that Richmond would be far closer to Goodine’s minutes last year than the current number.

SWC - you KNOW that Kadary's #'s are currently skewed high due to Buddy DNP's.

That average will likely fall, and precipitously.

MCW had some decent minutes too, his Frosh year, early on.
And then like 8 straight DNP's.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom