Its east to blame the refs in this one | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Its east to blame the refs in this one

I like less timeouts, helps hard defense pay off. Can't remember the number of times we have had teams in a sideline trap and they are saved by a timeout.

There used to be an interpretation in the rule book that said you cannot call timeout when "under duress of losing the ball." You can thank the NBA for the demise of that interpretation. Moreover, I think you should only be able to take a timeout during a dead ball (FIBA), meaning one cannot be called from the floor during play. That would have coaches in the US projectile-vomiting. :)

I looked for a stat on that, without success. I can say that if I do 120 games in a year, probably not more than 3 or 4 will go OT.

The frequency of overtime games doesn't mean the rules governing them don't need to be fair. And if you are adding an extra 5 minutes to a game, you should add another foul. And both teams should be able to start the overtime with a full roster available to them so they won't lose the overtime because they didn't.

The frequency of overtime games doesn't mean the rules governing them don't need to be fair. And if you are adding an extra 5 minutes to a game, you should add another foul. And both teams should be able to start the overtime with a full roster available to them so they won't lose the overtime because they didn't.

But that decreases the possibility we see Justin Thomas jumping around the top of the zone if the game goes 6 overtimes! :)

There used to be an interpretation in the rule book that said you cannot call timeout when "under duress of losing the ball." You can thank the NBA for the demise of that interpretation. :)

I would love to see that rule again, minus inbound passes and the last 2 minutes of each half. I hate that a player can yell timeout timeout under distress, he should have to handsignal instead of swinging the ball left to right and being rewarded.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom