Izzo was out coached | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Izzo was out coached

I must be missing something...MSU went to the line, with 7.6 and 3.4 seconds, down 3 each time. With the way they had owned the offensive boards, unlike anything I can't remember, I was waiting for them to make one, then go for the intentional miss/rebound/putback to tie. And with the way the game had gone, i wasn't feeling real confident. In a slow paced game MSU was averaging an offensive rebound like every 1.3 minutes.

I figured we'd either give up the rebound or foul while going for one. But both times they made both. With no PG, the inbounds plays seemed sketchy, so maybe that's what he was thinking.

Yup. And was shocked they didn’t do it the second time. With 3.4 seconds? This isn’t the NBA where you can advance it. You’re looking at a half courter after our free throws. An offensive rebound and putback seemed WAY more likely than making a half courter.

I was absolutely dreading that second free throw...until they made it.

I must be missing something...MSU went to the line, with 7.6 and 3.4 seconds, down 3 each time. With the way they had owned the offensive boards, unlike anything I can remember, I was waiting for them to make one, then go for the intentional miss/rebound/putback to tie. And with the way the game had gone, i wasn't feeling real confident. In a slow paced game MSU was averaging an offensive rebound like every 1.3 minutes.

I figured we'd either give up the rebound or foul while going for one. But both times they made both. With no PG, the inbounds plays seemed sketchy, so maybe that's what he was thinking.

That’s interesting. Yeah the second chance points and rebounding were STAGGERING. I was thinking that too...why not miss one of those on purpose and get the rebound like they had been doing. Crazy.

Izzo is about 1 for 100 against Boeheim and K in his career.

Izzo is the ultimate bully coach. He has an amazing record against lesser teams, but his record against the most successful coaches (Boeheim, K, Williams, Calapari, Self) is abysmal. Like winning under 10 percent of the time abysmal. The worst major schools you can think of have better records against the big boys than that.

Go back and look at his final four appearances. They all come against broken brackets where he didn't have to go up against the big boys, except 2000, and I'm pretty sure some foul play was involved in that one.

Izzo is the ultimate bully coach. He has an amazing record against lesser teams, but his record against the most successful coaches (Boeheim, K, Williams, Calapari, Self) is abysmal. Like winning under 10 percent of the time abysmal. The worst major schools you can think of have better records against the big boys than that.

Go back and look at his final four appearances. They all come against broken brackets where he didn't have to go up against the big boys, except 2000, and I'm pretty sure some foul play was involved in that one.

KMart's injury stopped Cincy from likely winning the title in 2000.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom