Jay Wright should do the right thing and step down now. | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Jay Wright should do the right thing and step down now.

So what do you propose we do?

Allow Boeheim free reign? No timetable?

So far he's done nothing to give us any reason to believe his system works in the ACC. We've been a middle of the pack squad since joining which is beyond unacceptable.

So far he's given us no reason to believe recruiting will uptick. It's been steadily declining under his leadership (or lack thereof) aside from 1 or 2 potential NBA talents brought in per year, which should be the baseline for a program like ours.

If anything, comments from top recruits about JB and his style would lead anyone to believe we may not have hit rock bottom on the recruiting trail under him just yet.

Are we ever going to be ranked in the foreseeable future again? How is Syracuse rarely being in the Top 25 in basketball acceptable?

It's been 3 years of mediocrity with a noticeable decline in recruiting.

The Final Four was a band-aid on a hemhorraging program. We desperately need a new doctor.
Silly. We have had these periods before. we have always come back. the probation has hurt us. That was their intention. Now, if you want to make the argument that a coach that gets his school put on probation twice needs to go, be my guest. as for the noticeable decline in recruiting, I think we have 4 guys in the last two years that will play in the NBA. That is pretty good form what I see.

Since the Tyler Ennis miracle shot at Pitt we are 31-31 in the ACC. No ACCT wins. The Dayton tourney loss. A miracle F4 run masked some major problems. We have a self-ban (likely NIT) and an NIT berth sprinkled in there as well. Yeah, we're good with JB. :bang:
What made our tournament run a miracle?

Where is our top rated recruited class like we had in 2008?
Flynn/Scoop/Greene/Jackson were all freshman we all knew it wouldn't be easy that year. They had all the hype and were young. We lost Devo in nonconference play.

2007-2008 we all saw potential with young guards and bigs.
We have no guards outside of Battle now like then.

To equate these situations similarly is to bury your head in sand. Our recruiting has stagnated. Go listen to Francis or RF.

We are for a tough road because JB doesn't recruit like he once did and we are in a transition.
the last 4 guys we have recruited, Mali, Tyler, Tyler R and Battle I will take over Flynn, Scoop, Greene and Jackson. Close. Two NBA players vs so far one. But i think the other three will play in the NBA at some point. We have problems. Mostly this year. At least so far. But the world isn't coming to an end. We look at our program very closely. Go to the other teams boards. They got problems too.

the last 4 guys we have recruited, Mali, Tyler, Tyler R and Battle I will take over Flynn, Scoop, Greene and Jackson. Close. Two NBA players vs so far one. But i think the other three will play in the NBA at some point. We have problems. Mostly this year. At least so far. But the world isn't coming to an end. We look at our program very closely. Go to the other teams boards. They got problems too.

Some UNC posters think they are going to suck for the forseeable future after this year.

And they lament at how Coach K "owns" Roy. Sounded exactly like people here talking about Pitino or in the past Dixon vs. Boeheim.

What made our tournament run a miracle?

You're a smart man but I think some of you guys just refuse to accept that we have some major issues as a program. But, if you choose to just embrace mediocrity (40+ losses in three years) and cling to the narrative of, "Oh we made a Final 4," or, "We're Syracuse so we'll be OK;" then we just aren't going to be alignment. I don't want to be a bubble team constantly. Should Syracuse be on the bubble moving forward all the time? Always sweating out Selection Sunday? That is the reality right now and could be in the foreseeable future.

But to answer the question. We were a 10 seed. It WAS a miracle. It had never happened before and probably never will again. Not to mention MSU going down opened things up big time, obviously. Virginia then forgot how to play basketball during the comeback and Malachi went nuts.

Last edited:
Some UNC posters think they are going to suck for the forseeable future after this year.

Of course they will think that. They have had an amazing nucleus the past few years and probably will make the Final 4 again. Maybe even the title game again.

You're a smart man but I think some of you guys just refuse to accept that we have some major issues as a program. But, if you choose to just embrace mediocrity (40+ losses in three years) and cling to the narrative of, "Oh we made a Final 4," or, "We're Syracuse so we'll be OK;" then we just aren't going to be alignment. I don't want to be a bubble team constantly.

But to answer the question. We were a 10 seed. It WAS a miracle. It had never happened before and probably never will again. Not to mention MSU going down opened things up big time, obviously.

Eh, we were only a 10 seed because we lost a bunch of games when our coach was out. Take that out, and we were a pretty solid team last year. League was brutal. We were probably a 6 seed caliber team.

Of course they will think that. They have had an amazing nucleus the past few years and probably will make the Final 4 again. Maybe even the title game again.

And they aren't recruiting as well as they are used to, so they're pressing the panic button.

Flynn/Scoop/Greene/Jackson was 1 class.
Mali/Lydon were 1 class.
Taureen Thompson/Battle were another class. I assuming you meant Thompson over Roberson.

We got all those guys in one year in 2008. So we knew we were going to be young and had a bubblish team. This year after the FF we weren't expecting a bubble team. Recruiting in 2008 was churning out prospects and JB wasn't close to his self imposed retirement. Right now it would be best for MH that he gets the keys sooner rather than later for recruiting.

You're a smart man but I think some of you guys just refuse to accept that we have some major issues as a program. But, if you choose to just embrace mediocrity (40+ losses in three years) and cling to the narrative of, "Oh we made a Final 4," or, "We're Syracuse so we'll be OK;" then we just aren't going to be alignment. I don't want to be a bubble team constantly.

But to answer the question. We were a 10 seed. It WAS a miracle. It had never happened before and probably never will again. Not to mention MSU going down opened things up big time, obviously.
Nonsense. 11 seeds have made the final four. We would have beat MSU. I have been around the block with this program. We have been here before. The sky is falling. And every time, we have come back strong. Now, there is a difference this time. I will grant you that. JB won't be here to fix it. but a long look at us, the last 7 years has been as good as it gets for this program. The sky isn't falling. Ebbs and flows.

Flynn/Scoop/Greene/Jackson was 1 class.
Mali/Lydon were 1 class.
Taureen Thompson/Battle were another class. I assuming you meant Thompson over Roberson.

We got all those guys in one year in 2008. So we knew we were going to be young and had a bubblish team. This year after the FF we weren't expecting a bubble team. Recruiting in 2008 was churning out prospects and JB wasn't close to his self imposed retirement. Right now it would be best for MH that he gets the keys sooner rather than later for recruiting.
That is probably true.

Eh, we were only a 10 seed because we lost a bunch of games when our coach was out. Take that out, and we were a pretty solid team last year. League was brutal. We were probably a 6 seed caliber team.

Eh, nice try.

But to answer the question. We were a 10 seed. It WAS a miracle. It had never happened before and probably never will again. Not to mention MSU going down opened things up big time, obviously. Virginia then forgot how to play basketball during the comeback and Malachi went nuts.
I don't think qualifies as a miracle. We won games fair and square.

The tired narrative, imho, is that we were gifted mtsu.