JB and a Plan ??? | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

JB and a Plan ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
He will do a Roy. I think it will be too hard on him to do a long good-bye. I wonder how this has been going for K, the emotional toll of it? I suspect he and Boeheim will talk about it when it’s all over.
he’s also said he liked the way K did it, that it worked well for recruiting.

Let’s say for conversation purposes, Hop comes back next year. Can we have four assistant coaches? If JB doesn’t go on the road recruiting, could Hop go if he’s not officially an assistant coach? That would allow Hop to recruit his players. My guess you can’t have four coaches, but could he play another role?

Hop could be the “bag man” on the recruiting visits, probably best if it’s not a current coach filling that role anyway.

What if JW announces his own retirement and promote JB to be AD at the same time, then tasks JB to find his own replacement immediately?
50506c5360d60509d734475fb77dce57ce0005d1.gifv

Why do you say that?

Axe asked him about playing m2m next year. JB said he thinks Benny can be a good m2m defender, said Cole played it for 3 years and Joe can be good in it. Didn’t mention buddy or Jimmy. Including Cole in his answer about m2m imo is a give away. Plus Cole said in an interview that he’s considering it.

Axe asked him about playing m2m next year. JB said he thinks Benny can be a good m2m defender, said Cole played it for 3 years and Joe can be good in it. Didn’t mention buddy or Jimmy. Including Cole in his answer about m2m imo is a give away. Plus Cole said in an interview that he’s considering it.
Unleash Ajak to put the clamps on people. Ghost

We aren't playing man to man next year. But having Cole back and if we can find another forward, we could be more than okay.

JBA will not be here next year. There is a reason he stayed this year and it wasn't because he wanted to.
Can't really say im shocked with Jesse and Frank coming back.

We aren't playing man to man next year. But having Cole back and if we can find another forward, we could be more than okay.

He said some and that he’d try it out during the exhibitions and early games. But the fact he mentioned Cole along with Joe and Benny and then said some of the frosh could be good at it because they were athletic.

For what purpose did JB share the existence of this Top-Secret "Good, Iron-Clad" plan?
As a fan, this revelation means nothing without the actual plan revealed.
Already >100 posts seeking the meaning of this Great Mystery, and expect no consensus.

It's like JB tossed a piece of meat into an alligator pool to watch all the gators thrash over it.
I understand that speculation on this kind of news is fun for many, but not for me.
After this season? After next season? Who is JB's replacement?
Nobody knows anything more than yesterday, other than there's a Secret Plan.

The plan has been in place for awhile.
OK, but saying "I'm going to coach next season" isn't the same as saying "next season is my last season".
Most on this board have appeared in agreement that ADJW is planning, maintains a list of candidates, etc.

JB saying there's a good, iron-clad plan is great, but the entire plan remains open to speculation.
What were fans supposed to take away from this?

OK, but saying "I'm going to coach next season" isn't the same as saying "next season is my last season".
Most on this board have appeared in agreement that ADJW is planning, maintains a list of candidates, etc.

JB saying there's a good, iron-clad plan is great, but the entire plan remains open to speculation.
What were fans supposed to take away from this?

JB knows when he's retiring.
JW knows when JB is retiring.
There is a plan in place to replace him.

Might be April 2023.

Might not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online