JB and a Plan ??? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

JB and a Plan ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
These statements effectively limit the search to 3 candidates; my question is, is Hop seriously in consideration? If so, would his HC experience (and success or lack thereof) be a positive or negative?

I know many on this board are going to be very sad when he retires…I know I am going to be. Things didn’t go our way these last few years but he’s been such a big part of what Syracuse means to me
If JB told everyone this is expiration date the temperature would cool.

When Cory Alexander was saying 50 years. That wasn’t funny.
We all appreciate JB but having no idea when this will end and what is obviously right in front of us next year has the question of when?

Barring a major addition next year looks worse than this year.

I also think it is at the end of next season. The reference to recruits. We currently have no early committed recruits for 2023 so maybe the 2022 recruits wouldn't want to come here if they knew JB was out after 1 season.

Please please please no to anyone currently on the bench. If it has to be internal then Hop is fine but he better not have a long leash if things don't improve.

If JB retired during the season that is probably the worst decision.
Either finish or don’t start.

That cuts the AD’s legs and makes the internal replacement put in an awful spot.
If there is "a plan in place, a good plan, an ironclad plan" JB is suggesting that all the details are already worked out and set in stone with the AD. Maybe this is a power play move, maybe he is just saying things. But, I doubt it. This is smoke. The fact that JB is going public with some of the stuff that we hinted at in your thread asking if the AD cared what the fans think is...interesting. The fact that JB choose to characterize this as a "good" plan might cause some concern if you think through what JB would think is "good."

We all appreciate JB but having no idea when this will end and what is obviously right in front of us next year has the question of when?

yeah I literally fell out of my chair if he seriously thought he was getting to 50 seasons at this rate as our doors were being blown off at home to Duke when I heard that on the telecast

The fact that JB choose to characterize this as a "good" plan might cause some concern if you think through what JB would think is "good."
or cause some excitement, depending on your PoV

If there is "a plan in place, a good plan, an ironclad plan" JB is suggesting that all the details are already worked out and set in stone with the AD. Maybe this is a power play move, maybe he is just saying things. But, I doubt it. This is smoke. The fact that JB is going public with some of the stuff that we hinted at in your thread asking if the AD cared what the fans think is...interesting. The fact that JB choose to characterize this as a "good" plan might cause some concern if you think through what JB would think is "good."
Right, how is this plan better than the last one he nuked?
Why do we believe it this time? There are no details announced from the Athletic Department like that last one that came after the NCAA penalties. That one looked official and went into the toilet.

Well, we all know he says things.

JAB In 2015:
Boeheim said the Orange’s Final Four run in 2012 would’ve been a great way to go out, but the investigation would’ve kept him from doing so. He added that he had no plans to coach this long, but the thought of retirement just wasn’t reasonable considering the circumstances.

When asked if he has the flexibility to coach past the next three seasons, Boeheim responded that the only discussions he’s had with Syverud involved the head coach retiring in three years and the chancellor accepting that timeframe.

Four more years. Four more years.

If he went out after year 44, he would have won his last game coached.

He’s probably talking about meeting with his financial planner. He has an ironclad plan to “get by” once he retires.

Jw is a very smart guy. He isn't going to throw out 50 years of an amazing foundation because of a bad year. Nor is he going to crap on JB. All the talk about Few and every other outsider is baloney. There is no way JW is going to not give one of Jims guys a shot. B Army, the love of his past players, 30k in the dome, His foundation, His name on the court, HOF coach and you JW is going to hire some outsider. He would have to be nuts and or have a complete disdain for Jim. You just don't throw out a top 10 tradition unless its broken and it isn't. Just needs fresh legs and one of Jims can do it and will do it well. Next year is the last so let's enjoy it and hope he pulls off a miracle run.

"We have a plan in place, a good plan, an ironclad plan."
That sounds like something out of the mouth of a certain former president. Is it a "beautiful plan?" A "perfect plan?"
Tracy Morgan No GIF

Family plan currently at home Red or Gerry.
Family plan currently on the left coast Hop, J Hart, or Carmelo.

Persona non grata not needed.

"Ironclad" means they already know who is going to be successor, which means that it's in-house. The hot young coach will be the next guy after that.
you gonna ask for confirmation on that tmrw night?

If this is truly an "ironclad" plan, which to me means all parties to this plan are aware and are in agreement and all there is to happen is putting ink on paper. Or do you think an ironclad plan is "these are the folks on the list when Jim decides to leave"?

If the former, I don't think it will be Hop. It will be so out of character for Hop to agree to terms to succeed JB with UW being kept in the dark. Hop will get a call I believe but an existing succession plan involving Hop being ironclad behind UW seems far fetched to me.

Recruits is not going to be told more about JB's retirement plans. If a recruit is told, their parents know, their AAU coaches know, the whole world knows. Recruits don't know more than we do.

Health will not be the reason, you can't factor the timing of any career ending health issue into a succession plan.

If it's truly ironclad then my guess is it will be Red.

The only other possibility is the ironclad plan is a three year extension with JB till he is 80, or till he catches 1000 wins, whichever comes first.

Jw is a very smart guy. He isn't going to throw out 50 years of an amazing foundation because of a bad year. Nor is he going to crap on JB. All the talk about Few and every other outsider is baloney. There is no way JW is going to not give one of Jims guys a shot. B Army, the love of his past players, 30k in the dome, His foundation, His name on the court, HOF coach and you JW is going to hire some outsider. He would have to be nuts and or have a complete disdain for Jim. You just don't throw out a top 10 tradition unless its broken and it isn't. Just needs fresh legs and one of Jims can do it and will do it well. Next year is the last so let's enjoy it and hope he pulls off a miracle run.

The foundation is cracked beyond repair. We need to start over.

you gonna ask for confirmation on that tmrw night?

He refused to tell Brent the details of the plan so he isn't going to tell me. But an 'ironclad' plan doesn't sound like it involves a search for the next coach.

It's interesting that he called Brent the day after Juli got robbed at gunpoint. He had his own brush with death a couple years ago. Maybe he decided that he wants some time with Juli before something else happens so he had "the talk" with Wildhack but felt the need to fulfill a promise that he'll be here when the new recruits come in - or to try to finish on a more positive note.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors