JB and the Bench | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

JB and the Bench

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newsflash you don’t get to put it on the assistants when they don’t have control.
JB blocked Hop from bringing in a player 2 years ago.
If you even try to argue Howard Washington was the backup to Quade you lose all credibility.
Washington wasn’t offered till February. Our coaches board wasn’t
1. Quade Green
2. Howard Washington.

It’s not their fault when Jim Boeheim is the HEAD COACH. My god you do anything to spin.

You can't have it both ways. You said Hopkins was doing all the work. Now it's JB's fault? Hopkins didn't really want Howard Washington, right? Syracuse recruited other point guards, but Gmac led JB to believe we were getting Quade. So they stopped recruiting the Coleman kid, Trevon Duval, etc. Why didn't Hopkins go after that Issiah Washington?

You can't have it both ways. You said Hopkins was doing all the work. Now it's JB's fault? Hopkins didn't really want Howard Washington, right? Syracuse recruited other point guards, but Gmac led JB to believe we were getting Quade. So they stopped recruiting the Coleman kid, Trevon Duval, etc. Why didn't Hopkins go after that Issiah Washington?
The weight of the pyramid falls on the top.
JB is the HC. He gets the blame.

You don’t even know the facts and are you are defending. It’s poiintless.

The weight of the pyramid falls on the top.
JB is the HC. He gets the blame.

You don’t even know the facts and are you are defending. It’s poiintless.

So Boeheim gets the blame when recruiting is not good, and he gets no credit when it's really good. Huh. No agenda there.

Why don't you enlighten me as to the facts, Mr. Recruiting Guru?

We were down 4 and ended up tied, correct?

First half down 10 from down 4. We were down 2 when Howard fouled out. With the other foul outs not really fair to look at the second OT.

So Boeheim gets the blame when recruiting is not good, and he gets no credit when it's really good. Huh. No agenda there.

Debating more minutes for the "bench" and recruiting mishaps are two different things, I would think.

Howard Washington wasn’t why FSU made shots. They got offensive rebounds and made two 3’s.

Not sure I follow, rebounding and defense don't matter?

First half down 10 from down 4. We were down 2 when Howard fouled out. With the other foul outs not really fair to look at the second OT.

Well the guy made the two foul shots due to Howard's foul but fine...

So he played the final 3 mins and we went down 2 to tied.

Ok.

I was told we were doomed if he plays 3 mins a half yet against a ranked team in the final mins we went down 2 to tied

Well the guy made the two foul shots due to Howard's foul but fine...

So he played the final 3 mins and we went down 2 to tied.

Ok.

I was told we were doomed if he plays 3 mins a half yet against a ranked team in the final mins we went down 2 to tied

It was a horrible foul by Howard.

We didn't fair well with him in extended minutes in the first half. It looked nice with the court spread more but we only posted 21 points. Like someone posted here a couple of baskets difference and maybe the game ends differently.

And Syracuse could win by 18 and there is more than one poster in this thread that would still criticize him.

Of course.

One person even criticized the fit of his shirt at a presser.

Some people on here had admitted they don't like Boeheim personally based upon his failure to kowtow to Jr reporters at press conference. So you know these people are going to use any pretext as an excuse.

He gets credit for this class.
He was engaged starting last summer.
I do think Griffin was huge for Bazley but if you want consistency give JB credit as well.
You just defend the wall to the degree that drives me crazy. I think JB has done a good job I wish he wouldn’t have let the program go thru what it did and that is a big reason we are where the team is now.
God forbid people want accountability. It means you hate the guy.

Of course.

One person even criticized the fit of his shirt at a presser.

Some people on here had admitted they don't like Boeheim personally based upon his failure to kowtow to Jr reporters at press conference. So you know these people are going to use any pretext as an excuse.

Wow. Playing fast and loose with the facts as usual.

Kowtow is not the same as not being a grade A dick to student reporters.

Not sure I follow, rebounding and defense don't matter?
So Howard Washington is why the whole team doesn’t get rebounds?
We gave up a ton of offensive rebounds in that game.
Howard on the floor wasn’t why the lead expanded. It was the team.

It was a horrible foul by Howard.

We didn't fair well with him in extended minutes in the first half. It looked nice with the court spread more but we only posted 21 points. Like someone posted here a couple of baskets difference and maybe the game ends differently.

Agreed maybe if Battle isn't playing 50 mins, we could have pulled it out at the end.

To be fair, when JB goes with the 3 guard lineup, we are more deficient at rebounding. That's a fair statement I believe. But that's on JB for not trusting Washington to be on the floor without the other 2 guards, except for when one of them fouls out.

I mean you're dug in but whatever. Normally when a lesser player gets on the court for a better player the team doesn't do as well.

To be fair, when JB goes with the 3 guard lineup, we are more deficient at rebounding. That's a fair statement I believe. But that's on JB for not trusting Washington to be on the floor without the other 2 guards, except for when one of them fouls out.
Washington came in cause Frank got foul trouble.

Agreed maybe if Battle isn't playing 50 mins, we could have pulled it out at the end.

Who would you like to play? Battle scored 37. We're not hiding anyone good on the bench.

Who would you like to play? Battle scored 37. We're not hiding anyone good on the bench.
This is where roster management is on the HC.
We have had 3 guards since 2013.
That is insane.
We should have more than 3 guards who can play at an ACC level.

This is where roster management is on the HC.
We have had 3 guards since 2013.
That is insane.
We should have more than 3 guards who can play at an ACC level.

Are you new to the board? You know the storyline and reasons.

Our reality is what we have. Either play HW some or don't, because that's it. JB opts generally not to and its really not hard to see why. And I really don't think he gives a fig about developing the kid because he's likely recruited over by next year.

Wow. Playing fast and loose with the facts as usual.

Kowtow is not the same as not being a grade A dick to student reporters.

I hardly think being abrupt with these student reporters is doing them or anybody else a disservice. They have ventured into the adult world. This isn't a classroom simulated exercise where they can learn by making mistakes. As people have pointed out this is the multi-million dollar world of big time college athletics.

Don't ask stupid or obviously loaded questions and you won't get JB jumping on you.

If JB doesn't like the assumption on which a question is based, he'll say so.

Time to venture out of the world of participation trophies and juice boxes for everyone.

Our reality is what we have. Either play HW some or don't, because that's it. JB opts generally not to and its really not hard to see why. And I really don't think he gives a fig about developing the kid because he's likely recruited over by next year.

Both eggs in one basket. He relies on Frank and Battle not getting hurt/fouling out/getting the flu/residual wear and tear that manifests during the ACC tourney. It's a gamble. Feels like we never win on that gamble.

I hardly think being abrupt with these student reporters is doing them or anybody else a disservice. They have ventured into the adult world. This isn't a classroom simulated exercise where they can learn by making mistakes. As people have pointed out this is the multi-million dollar world of big time college athletics.

Don't ask stupid or obviously loaded questions and you won't get JB jumping on you.

If JB doesn't like the assumption on which a question is based, he'll say so.

Time to venture out of the world of participation trophies and juice boxes for everyone.

That is simply not true. Same question asked by a national reporter and JB gets all cushy with his answers. Local guys get treated harshly. Student reporters get treated like something approaching trash. It's well known in the Newhouse community and has been spoken about by both recent hosts (Newhouse grads) on my local ESPN radio.

Sanctions aren’t why JB didn’t let Hop take that player.
Sanctions restricted us by 2 scholarships. Even with 10 scholarships you should have 4 guards.
4 guards
4 forwards
2 centers.
That is how you construct the roster.

This year is a pass because Thorpe and Hughes. However it shouldn’t be the way since 2014.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom