JB has changed | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

JB has changed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do the assistant coaches deserve any of the blame for the recruiting? I understand the loyalty to JB. I don't understand why there are NO changes.

Maybe. Others around here are a lot closer to that one.

When leaders lose their fire, they should see the writing on the wall and move on.
If they don't, then they should be fired.
Regardless of who they are, their profession, or what they accomplished in their career.

After observing JB during the game and presser, sad to see that he's apparently lost his fire.
I don't even care who replaces JB. I just want him to retire ASAP because it's so sad to see this continue.

Maybe. Others around here are a lot closer to that one.
My point is that if they need to be loyal to the head coach of a team that is doing poorly, then they should at least change something.

Otherwise, the message they are sending is:
1. The poor performance is nothing to worry about.
OR
2. The poor performance is unrelated to the coaching and is just happenstance.

My point is that if they need to be loyal to the head coach of a team that is doing poorly, then they should at least change something.

Otherwise, the message they are sending is:
1. The poor performance is nothing to worry about.
OR
2. The poor performance is unrelated to the coaching and is just happenstance.

So the AD should fire JB's assistants? Not sure if that's what you're saying.

I'm saying that by doing neither he is saying everything is fine. We got new assistants in football because everything wasn't fine.

And we brought in Pat March to help at that point Desko in lax.

This case, would be a hell of a book one day.

You're telling us he will never retire, ever? Give me a break
I think that Bees info is correct its why we don't have a push for new HS kids. He will coach this year and next year will be his last. I fully expect Wietz to step up and keep this group together and add another piece, so JB has a good last year. That is how it is going to end.

I said 8 years, not 9. You're adding one to help the argument. You're also adding in postseason runs which are less about health of a program and more about matchups and who is hot at the right time.

We haven't had a legitimate shot to win the NCAA Tournament since 2013-14. We made a Final Four, but we weren't beating UNC. We got a miraculous performance from Malachi Richardson. Great. But doesn't scream a healthy program.

Our ACC record is 74-72 over the last 8 years. .501 win percentage in conference. Average.

Our regular season record without any postseason tournaments over the last 8 years is 140-100. Average of 17.5 wins and a win percentage of .583.

By any metric, we are an average program over the last 8 years. And again, given the resources put in, that shouldn't be accepted.
Why can't he use nine and you can use eight?

When I see you pick right as the number I immediately think hmm I bet 9 years ago was good

Last edited:
This has been and will be controlled by JB till the end. He orchestrated the Hop situation. He orchestrated the roster to accommodate his sons. He is orchestrating this season and next year which i believe as Bees said will be his last. I expect him with NIL support to retain the core of this years team for next season and to add a key piece or 2.
Next year we make the dance, JB announces this is his last Tournament and that Red is taking over.

Book it.

This has been and will be controlled by JB till the end. He orchestrated the Hop situation. He orchestrated the roster to accommodate his sons. He is orchestrating this season and next year which i believe as Bees said will be his last. I expect him with NIL support to retain the core of this years team for next season and to add a key piece or 2.
Next year we make the dance, JB announces this is his last Tournament and that Red is taking over.

Book it.

Remember when you said "book it" about red being announced as the successor late in the summer?

Time to stop rationalizing, and scraping for confirmatory bias.

His kid didn't come here because his father has zero indication that he's next in line. The tea leaves speak volumes.

The game left JB behind like 8 years ago, and he doesn't care to change. It doesn't change the fact that he's a hall-of-fame coach. It just means he needs to retire.

Why can't he use nine and you can use eight?

When I see you pick right as the number I immediately think hmm I bet 9 years ago was good
Ok so add the 9th year. After 25-0 we went 3-6. Lost to Dayton in the first round. The start of the slide.

Oh by the way, Duquesne - who won all of 6 games last year - beat Colgate tonight.

Remember when you said "book it" about red being announced as the successor late in the summer?

Time to stop rationalizing, and scraping for confirmatory bias.

His kid didn't come here because his father has zero indication that he's next in line. The tea leaves speak volumes.
I do remember

The game left JB behind like 8 years ago, and he doesn't care to change. It doesn't change the fact that he's a hall-of-fame coach. It just means he needs to retire.

2018 would’ve been a great way to go out, with an unexpected sweet 16 run with a limited team.

Buddy already had his scholarship - let somebody else coach him. You don’t have to coach your kid.

We’ve punted half a decade and counting.

2018 would’ve been a great way to go out, with an unexpected sweet 16 run with a limited team.

Buddy already had his scholarship - let somebody else coach him. You don’t have to coach your kid.

We’ve punted half a decade and counting.
That was so sweet. My wife is a huge MSU fan, and I saw us win in Detroit. I thought my mother in law was going to kill me and bury me in the backyard.

I give you a lot of credit, kcsu.
Last year i was 100% behind Red getting the job. I just felt that it would be such a horrible way to treat Jbs program. Basically 50 years of excellence. The love his players have for him. The Melo center, Jim B court, B Army, years of loyalty and relationships. Why wouldn't you keep it in the family. It just made so much sense to me.
Now im seriously concerned that if Jim doesn't pull it together. If this years team tanks that Jim, nobody else but him will have completely destroyed any chance of continuity and it pisses me but mostly makes me sad. I rail on JB because i cant believe how poorly he has handled the last few years. Its been tough to watch and impossible to not be critical of.
Jim is really messing up and his ego and insecurities dont allow him to see it. The assistants are family so they are not in position to do anything.
Its frustrating to see him burning down such a great program. Really sad.

Last year i was 100% behind Red getting the job. I just felt that it would be such a horrible way to treat Jbs program. Basically 50 years of excellence. The love his players have for him. The Melo center, Jim B court, B Army, years of loyalty and relationships. Why wouldn't you keep it in the family. It just made so much sense to me.
Now im seriously concerned that if Jim doesn't pull it together. If this years team tanks that Jim, nobody else but him will have completely destroyed any chance of continuity and it pisses me but mostly makes me sad. I rail on JB because i cant believe how poorly he has handled the last few years. Its been tough to watch and impossible to not be critical of.
Jim is really messing up and his ego and insecurities dont allow him to see it. The assistants are family so they are not in position to do anything.
Its frustrating to see him burning down such a great program. Really sad.
Continuity is no longer wanted, but keeping it Orange would be nice.

So Hop or Hart?

Ok so add the 9th year. After 25-0 we went 3-6. Lost to Dayton in the first round. The start of the slide.

Oh by the way, Duquesne - who won all of 6 games last year - beat Colgate tonight.
Surely Duquesne must've fired a coach that only won six games oh wait no they didn't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom