Jerami Grant: Is he waiting or is 'Cuse | Syracusefan.com

Jerami Grant: Is he waiting or is 'Cuse

arbitragegls

All Conference
as discussed in previous posts by Jake etc, is it Grant or Jefferson we want? Earlier this week it was thought that Grant would decide soon...here is At their request, this network is being blocked from this site. (still cant get refund) article off of Rutgers site...interesting to note that it claims Grant may be waiting to make decision...Wonder if this is his choice or 'Cuse not pulling the trigger? What do you think?

Apparently i am not allowed to paste story...sorry for that. At any rate, article says Grant told his coach that decision may not come this week or weekend...seems strange that he may be changing his mind...is he coming to 'Cuse as we heard this weekend?

When Will 4-star Grant Make Decision? http://media.At their request, this network is being blocked from this site./media/a/rutgers/premium.gif

http://media.At their request, this network is being blocked from this site./Media/Image/93/937954.jpg

Jerami Grant

as discussed in previous posts by Jake etc, is it Grant or Jefferson we want? Earlier this week it was thought that Grant would decide soon...here is At their request, this network is being blocked from this site. (still cant get refund) article off of Rutgers site...interesting to note that it claims Grant may be waiting to make decision...Wonder if this is his choice or 'Cuse not pulling the trigger? What do you think?

Apparently i am not allowed to paste story...sorry for that. At any rate, article says Grant told his coach that decision may not come this week or weekend...seems strange that he may be changing his mind...is he coming to 'Cuse as we heard this weekend?

When Will 4-star Grant Make Decision? http://media.At their request, this network is being blocked from this site./media/a/rutgers/premium.gif

http://media.At their request, this network is being blocked from this site./Media/Image/93/937954.jpg

Jerami Grant

Serious question. Is Grant really "all that"? I just don't see it.

Jerami Grant
come off the ledge brother itll all be okay 1 way or another

Isn't Grant due for another on campus visit this weekend? Or did that already happen.

Based on the articles I've read it sounds like Jefferson has a "higher ceiling" and may be a better fit for our system. Given our recent success with recruiting perhaps the staff should be more selective, and if so I would not be too upset if they pushed harder for Jefferson even if they risk losing Grant in the process. One thing I have learned: the staff can almost always be trusted to make the best decisions, even if we the fan base question said decisions at the time they're made.

Based on the articles I've read it sounds like Jefferson has a "higher ceiling" and may be a better fit for our system. Given our recent success with recruiting perhaps the staff should be more selective, and if so I would not be too upset if they pushed harder for Jefferson even if they risk losing Grant in the process. One thing I have learned: the staff can almost always be trusted to make the best decisions, even if we the fan base question said decisions at the time they're made.

I agree. For the most part I am going by highlight vids and scouting reports on these kids while the staff has been out watching them play all summer.

I think he clearly wanted Maryland, but Layman committed and that ended that, so now he’s unsure.

Grant doesn’t seem like a kid who is ready to make a decision. Supposedly down to Maryland and Rutgers, then not, then we get back in, supposed to make a decision last week, then not, the last minute inclusion of Notre Dame, supposedly making his decision this week, now floundering on that…sounds like he needs to take his time and think this out, which is fine.

I think this is what Jake may have meant when he said Jefferson/Grant would be a first come/first serve. At the time it didn’t make much sense to me because Grant appeared to be close to either choosing us or not, but maybe the whole assumption that Grant was choosing soon was incorrect, hence the chance for Jefferson to commit first.

I think this ends up being a pretty good thing for us. We keep Grant in play while still taking a legit shot at Jefferson and seeing how that plays out. Grant essentially becomes a fallback option if the staff likes Jefferson better. We couldn’t have it that way if Grant decided this week.

hmmmm ... SU has been watching Grant for a number of years (Washington Post). Jefferson: 6'7 -6'9(w/shoes) 197#. Grant 6'7- 6'8, 200#. Physically they sound comparable and what SU will be looking for in PF. Jefferson more highly rated but seems an ACC (specifically Maryland) lean with visits to Maryland (unofficial) and NC State (official). Have we seen him here yet? Why would a player the caliber of Grant wait in the wings, sitting on their hands (with a fist full of schollie offers) ... to see if he is passed over for Jefferson. While he has "narrowed" his choices to SU, Rutgers, and Notre Dame that doesn't mean he can't start looking at other schools again. We have 3 schollies next year with Scoop, KJo, and Mookie (I believe) moving on. If the oppportunity arises ... take both!!

Sounds as if Grant will not make his officials to SU or UND, though he has to rutgers hmmm

I say lets take both. I think of Grant as more of a 3 and AJ as more of a 4. Bring in Cavanaugh as a hybrid 4/5 with the idea that he will be a RS candidate his 1st year. We would be a huge team and could just seek out shooters the next year. Or not.

I have a gut feeling that Grant will back off and take more time in exploring his options.

I say lets take both. I think of Grant as more of a 3 and AJ as more of a 4. Bring in Cavanaugh as a hybrid 4/5 with the idea that he will be a RS candidate his 1st year. We would be a huge team and could just seek out shooters the next year. Or not.
Although now listed as a PF Grant has been at the 3 most of his high school career and would seem better suited at that position. Jefferson is the better rebounder of the 2. Isn't it interesting that the board isn't talking up DC2 as much anymore?

Cavanaugh as a 4/5 seems unlikely to me - I understand he projects as a (tall, lanky) 3/4 with his developing perimeter game and decent passing / handle. Stylistically I suspect his college game will resemble a destitute man's Nowitzki - a mix of inside / outside on offense with some shot blocking and boarding thrown in. I don't see him as an anchor to the zone, nor do I see him on the low block all the time a la Arinze - thus I have trouble seeing him as a 5 in JB's system. Hopefully someone more knowledgable RE: our recruits will either correct me or confirm my thinking.

Man, this 2012 class is frustrating. Im getting to the point where I would simply rather not take a single recruit if it means attracting a very highly rated player(s) out of the 2013/14 classes. Im specifically talking about the 3 spot (not DC2). What is unfortunate is that the class of 2013 is considered to be wing-heavy. However, if you look at measurements of all of the wings in the top 50, there are only a few that are built for Cuse as many are undersized at this point. I'd pass on both Amile and Grant if it meant landing Kuran Iverson or Rondae Jefferson (two guys that may be just as good as Amile and Grant and have an extra year of h.s. to develop. It's too bad Vonleh re-classified to 2014 because I'd sign that kid up over any of the other guys.

you guys overreact big time, you must be "used" to the last few classes where we got early commits, relax theres still time.

Serious question. Is Grant really "all that"? I just don't see it.
I like Grant a lot, but I do think some of the hype for him on this board and among fans on Twitter is just misplaced anxiety over the lack of commitments thus far. Just an observation I have.

Grant is a good ball player. I think his ceiling is higher than Jefferson. Jefferson is tailor made for the ACC, and I have heard he is a STRONG MD lean. As for Grant, the kid likes all the schools in his list equally. Maryland was never in the final two. It was a misinformed post, but they were in fact eliminated with Layman committed. He is torn, and this is one of the biggest decisions of his life, so taking his time is the right thing. His last concern should be having to worry about whether or not someone else will POP before him. Everything happens for a reason.

I would rather have Jefferson then Grant however that's just me. I have said this before Grant tends to disappear in games for ten minute stretch’s which is something that has always bothered me.

Jerami Grant

This says he will decide between SU and ND within the next 24 hours...

http://blog.syracuse.com/orangebasketball/2011/09/jamesville-dewitt_basketball_t.html

So if he cancelled his visit how is he deciding in the next 24 hours? What exactly is going to change from today?

Is he just flipping a coin at this point? :noidea:

Key word here is "likely". Another key phrase by Stevens is "...he is a very confused young man...". How solid will the committment be if he keeps getting inundated with offers and whispers in his ear (You shoulda ...). I hope he commits to SU and I hope that he is happy with the decision. But I am concerned. He is soooooo young.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom