Jesse Edwards in portal and transfers to WVU | Page 78 | Syracusefan.com

Jesse Edwards in portal and transfers to WVU

Status
Not open for further replies.
774F94DC-2EA9-4F1A-9078-87267A68BD9A.png

Well that’s a new one. Jesses not leaving for more NIL. He’s leaving because of the skytop apartments. Does he even still live there?
Not sure where he lived nor did I say he in not leaving for more NIL. Just saying it's hard to get recruits with all the bells and whistles that other top programs offer, which has noting to do with NIL and more about being pro active in protecting your brand. I guarantee if SU could have found a supplier that made the dome roof replacement materials they would have went that route in a heartbeat. Just saying we were a cash cow and the money was never re-invested. To be honest if someone is paying JGIII $500k and Jesse $800k (good for them) but we are not going to be competing with or with out AW or are two be named later sugar daddy's.

This makes me think that daddy wants a bigger bad knowing that Jesse isn’t a NBA prospect. I do t blame them at all! If my kid had this opportunity I would probably say go where the money is and continue your education! I really don’t think SU is all blame here. The staff was caught off guard thinking he was coming back. I have trust in Red and staff to pivot and get SU back to where we belong!

Halloway constantly complained that SH had little to no NIL last year
I feel pretty confident in saying it’s not them. Was just getting dinner with a buddy who’s an alum who was complaining about that as well.

If everyone breaks the rules...then what are the rules?

I've seen fans of like 25 diff programs if not more complain about tampering this offseason. They aren't enforcing it.
Not enforcing it isn't the same as it not being a rule.

It's the "coaching fraternity," ie dumb boys club that permits it. Whine about it but not ultimately report each other.

I know you are stating the obvious...but just to confirm what you are alluding to...

Because everyone is tampering?

Everyone is paying for play?

Everyone is doing anything they can to win?
Hey, they are offering kids in the handshake line. We sort of did it after the Albany football game a few years ago. I want to win. I hope we can find a way to get our act together. I wonder if a mass letter writing campaign to Eric would help him understand the severity of the situation. There is no need for improved facilities if you can't get the players. We have to find out what successful schools of our size are doing. And we can do that without selling our souls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom