Jimmy Boeheim Transferring to Syracuse | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Jimmy Boeheim Transferring to Syracuse

THIS.

He’s got a VERY solid post game.
Homeless man’s Kevin McHale.
Really solid pivot moves.

Could run some sweet high/low action w him and Jesse/CDB/Cole/Q?

For all those who have said “my kingdom for a drop-step” -
prepare to turn over the keys to Junior
Can I use this with the Gobert, VanHorn, Lavine comps? You did use “homeless mans” version of it but it would go well with the others.

If Jimmy plays a lot, it doesn't mean that the others have greatly underachieved. That is exactly my point. We don't know if Jimmy has blown up late. Like his brother just did. That is why we need to wait a bit on making decisions.

I agree and if he went to one of the schools that supposedly were interested in him fans would be pissed. I think a lot of it has to do with his last name. The board was salivating over Patrick Tape last summer and he had worse numbers in the Ivy.

Good point I started typing 2-3 a game first and that is probably more like it.

I want Junior to be an opportunistic 3pt shooter like CJ Fair was as a Junior.
He only took like 2 a game, but they were always WIIIIDE OPEN, so he hit just shy of half of them - 47%.

I agree with the 3-4 attempts/game thing.

And I’d recommend the “rule” I’ve suggested for other guys (like OSB, Q, Marek, etc.) -

You can/must take one clean, open 3 each half.
IF it goes in, you’ve earned another one.
Lather, rinse, repeat.
IF it doesn’t, you don’t shoot another 3 until the next half.

Of course, all my best players would then leave because I’m being too restrictive.

I know there’s been some discussion regarding the lack of shooting from Jimmy, but he did shoot 35% from 3 his sophomore season when he was not go to guy for Cornell. I think he should be able to shoot 35-38% here being a role player and not the main guy.
18-19 was the year that they moved the 3 point line back I think. That disrupted some players who like to shoot with their toes on the line.

I think he's much less proven than Jimmy there though.

For sure- and you don't want to take away a kids biggest strength either but having that option, especially if the matchup is ideal is a benefit with Cole.

Sorry I was answering who could drive by people. Jimmy is a good passer. Joe will never be that guy. Torrence could be put it will be tough to show at 6 min a game
Agreed. We have no one who can attack off the bounce, though Benny could be that guy. My expectations for Symir are pretty low, but maybe he’ll surprise.

You actually believe that Chaz is on the team for his fathers ego or something? I would think he has the resources to pay his sons tuition at any school. And don't you think that Chaz would rather be playing during his college days at a lower level than just being along for the ride as some kind of family mascot? When his father said he is returning, I believe that the coaching staff said they wanted him to come back because he has showed that he can play at this level. I can not believe how unfair you are to this guy.
Gotta admit, Chaz is a pretty good dancer.

But can he help out at practice?
He is going to play some game minutes this year. That's the usual progression with developmental players.

This must be THE DREAM for the Boeheim family, my hope is that all three of them pour every ounce of energy they have to achieve something special. Something that pushes them just a bit past the norm.
Yep, think Jimmy and Buddy will go all out to make their dad look good. Also having 2 (or 3) veteran forwards allows Bennie to grow into a starring role instead of having to be that on day 1.

Yep, think Jimmy and Buddy will go all out to make their dad look good. Also having 2 (or 3) veteran forwards allows Bennie to grow into a starring role instead of having to be that on day 1.
It's an extremely rare opportunity, perhaps unique. This is a great story with fascinating characters, maybe needing Benny to channel Carmelo a bit in the tournaments and the team needing to find the chemistry that wins games. Should be fairly easy to motivate the players I'd think and we'll have a talented & balanced group, even with the loss of some potential stars. I don't think JB is done shopping for players just yet, either. I'm looking forward to next year more than most with the chance for a graceful, even momentous, conclusion to the Boeheim era. He's had a singular career that won't be repeated...I'm inclined to let him craft his own exit strategy. Respect is more than just a hashtag.

Jimmy Buddy Joe Cole Sid Symir G are all grown mature men. This makes a huge difference. Think the Olympics before we had pros playing. Teams like Russia had guys that were 5 to 10 years older.
Its why the old guys can still compete at the Y.
This years team is going to remind us of Villanova, UVA and Creighton.
Maybe not elite athletically but mature smart and excellent shooters. Strong at the intangibles.
I believe Jim is going to love coaching these guys as it will require minimum baby sitting and be more of a pro environment.
As to Jimmy hes got a great stroke excellent vision is strong with a fair handle. Plus he is tough. Kids got his Dads edge. Same with Cole and G. We have some tough guys which is good. Should be a really fun year. Hope we can add one more athletic slasher. If so this is gonna be fun

Jimmy Buddy Joe Cole Sid Symir G are all grown mature men. This makes a huge difference. Think the Olympics before we had pros playing. Teams like Russia had guys that were 5 to 10 years older.
Its why the old guys can still compete at the Y.
This years team is going to remind us of Villanova, UVA and Creighton.
Maybe not elite athletically but mature smart and excellent shooters. Strong at the intangibles.
I believe Jim is going to love coaching these guys as it will require minimum baby sitting and be more of a pro environment.
As to Jimmy hes got a great stroke excellent vision is strong with a fair handle. Plus he is tough. Kids got his Dads edge. Same with Cole and G. We have some tough guys which is good. Should be a really fun year. Hope we can add one more athletic slasher. If so this is gonna be fun
This might be your best post ever. Really spot on.

I want Junior to be an opportunistic 3pt shooter like CJ Fair was as a Junior.
He only took like 2 a game, but they were always WIIIIDE OPEN, so he hit just shy of half of them - 47%.

I agree with the 3-4 attempts/game thing.

And I’d recommend the “rule” I’ve suggested for other guys (like OSB, Q, Marek, etc.) -

You can/must take one clean, open 3 each half.
IF it goes in, you’ve earned another one.
Lather, rinse, repeat.
IF it doesn’t, you don’t shoot another 3 until the next half.

Of course, all my best players would then leave because I’m being too restrictive.
Jimmy B scored more in his last game vs SU than Marek ever scored in one game in 4 years at SU.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom