Jimmy Boeheim Transferring to Syracuse | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Jimmy Boeheim Transferring to Syracuse

Benny is going to play a lot. He will have the most well rounded, polished skill set on the team from Day 1.
And with Jimmy and Swider on the roster, both upper classmen, I’ll say we’ll see.

And with Jimmy and Swider on the roster, both upper classmen, I’ll say we’ll see.
The only question is what happens if Q did come back. With three guys, there are plenty of minutes for all three.

The only question is what happens if Q did come back. With three guys, there are plenty of minutes for all three.
Jimmy would have to be odd man out wouldn’t he? Unless we go to a 4 man rotation at forward for the first time ever(?), with Jimmy getting some small ball 5 minutes?

Quincy was already one of the best players on the team. Villanova and 5 star recruit >>>Cornell, resume wise.

Jimmy would have to be odd man out wouldn’t he? Unless we go to a 4 man rotation at forward for the first time ever(?), with Jimmy getting some small ball 5 minutes?

Quincy was already one of the best players on the team. Villanova and 5 star recruit >>>Cornell, resume wise.
Just a crazy idea, why don't we wait to see what we got before we get all frustrated that the coach isn't playing the guys we think he should. Benny is going to play. So is Cole. Q will play if he comes back. And there will be time found for Jimmy. This will work it's way out.

Just a crazy idea, why don't we wait to see what we got before we get all frustrated that the coach isn't playing the guys we think he should. Benny is going to play. So is Cole. Q will play if he comes back. And there will be time found for Jimmy. This will work it's way out.
Not frustrated, just speculating at how they would rank on the forward totem poll.

I’d guess:
1. Quincy
2. Benny
3. Swider
4. Jimmy

But in such a scenario maybe JB goes deeper and in certain matchups Jimmy could go small ball 5.

Not frustrated, just speculating at how they would rank on the forward totem poll.

I’d guess:
1. Quincy
2. Benny
3. Swider
4. Jimmy

But in such a scenario maybe JB goes deeper and in certain matchups Jimmy could go small ball 5.
Agree with the small ball lineup when the time is right, also maybe Benny gets 5 - 10 minutes in the backcourt if need be ?

Agree with the small ball lineup when the time is right, also maybe Benny gets 5 - 10 minutes in the backcourt if need be ?
Just have a hard time seeing that. Hope he has the skill set for it though. That would be major for this team.

When is the deadline to take your name out of the draft this year?

Jimmy will get minutes at the forward position and at the 5 when we go small ball. Not sure how I feel about the minutes at the 5 but we'll see how things shake out. I think he's going to surprise a lot of people on what he will bring to this team. (And no, I'm not saying he will be All ACC type) There's a lot to like about a older college kid that isn't a bean pole and has a nice set of skills offensively. I have my concerns like most but let's see how this all comes together.

Every year there is a guy people on here say will or should get minutes in the back court. It never happens.

Why is it Jimmy only has 1 year of eligibility left ? All D1 players were given an additional year.

But 79, you might have missed my question, is he really not a walk on?

Really?

Really?
Why the F are we having this protracted discussion about whether Chaz Owens is a walk-on? He is a member of the team. He works his butt off in practice every day. In an era when you're allowed 13 scholly players, most teams have at least two or three who don't see much time on the court. Why do so many here want to diss a nice young man with decent skills who is giving his all for the Orange?

Last edited:
I think we have a real shot at the Patriot League title with this team.

While realizing the sarcasm built in here- we could change the colors to maroon and gold and pass for a BC forum.. only thing that would stick out is having more than 5 posters. Otherwise the sentiment is spot on.

I am not innocent by any stretch but we sound like a fanbase expecting to win 10 games that plays 4 walk-ons

Why the F are we having this protracted discussion about whether Chaz Owens is a walk-on? He is a member of the team. He works his butt off in practice every day. In an era when you're allowed 13 scholly players, most teams have at least two or three who don't see much time on the court. Why do so many here want to diss a nice young man with decent skills who is giving his all for the Orange?
I've stated multiple times that I like having Owens on the team and have gone out of my way to be clear that in no way am I making any kind of disparaging remark about him as a person or his character, but from the simple and straightforward perspective of assessing him as a basketball talent only and the potential he brings to contribute meaningful minutes, he's not a player we can rely on or project to be successful, and that it would be nice as fans to have one more player with some more talent and upside at guard.

There is zero about that that should be controversial position.

I've stated multiple times that I like having Owens on the team and have gone out of my way to be clear that in no way am I making any kind of disparaging remark about him as a person or his character, but from the simple and straightforward perspective of assessing him as a basketball talent only and the potential he brings to contribute meaningful minutes, he's not a player we can rely on or project to be successful, and that it would be nice as fans to have one more player with some more talent and upside at guard.

There is zero about that that should be controversial position.
You’re moving the goalposts. Here’s your original post:
I humbly submit that a college basketball program should always have at least 4 scholarship guards, 4 scholarship forwards, and 2 scholarship centers so that you can run 5 on 5 in practices and everyone is matched up and competing against a player that isn't a walkon.
As several of us have already said, he’s not a walk-on. A 2-star player with D-II offers has more talent than a walk-on and will be more effective in practice than a walk-on.

With regards to your revised argument, I doubt anyone expects Owens to play meaningful minutes.

You’re moving the goalposts. Here’s your original post:

As several of us have already said, he’s not a walk-on. A 2-star player with D-II offers has more talent than a walk-on and will be more effective in practice than a walk-on.

With regards to your revised argument, I doubt anyone expects Owens to play meaningful minutes.
IMPOSSIBLE FOR ME TO BE MOVING THE GOALPOSTS, MY ARMS ARE TOO FULL RUNNING UP THIS WHITE FLAG

I'm not even going to bother asking for forgiveness. I don't deserve it.

This is why I stick to fat jokes.

You'll all see me in Hell.

Why not wait to see how the guys are playing before we jump to any conclusions.
I can have an opinion based on 3 years of seeing Jimmy’s play and his stats and comparing that to Marek.

This is a messageboard for opinions.
If Jimmy plays a lot IMO it means either JB has forced minutes for him or one of the other 2 forwards has greatly underachieved.
If we play Jimmy at the 5 for anything more than backup minutes the defense being atrocious will happen I believe.

I am happy for JB that he gets to coach both of his sons but I don’t believe his son is going to have a major impact and I hope he has to earn the minutes he gets rather than JB force them for him and I don’t believe JB deserves the benefit of the doubt in us assuming that will be case.
He does what he wants.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom