Jimmy Boeheim Transferring to Syracuse | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Jimmy Boeheim Transferring to Syracuse

Jimmy Buddy Joe Cole Sid Symir G are all grown mature men. This makes a huge difference. Think the Olympics before we had pros playing. Teams like Russia had guys that were 5 to 10 years older.
Its why the old guys can still compete at the Y.
This years team is going to remind us of Villanova, UVA and Creighton.
Maybe not elite athletically but mature smart and excellent shooters. Strong at the intangibles.
I believe Jim is going to love coaching these guys as it will require minimum baby sitting and be more of a pro environment.
As to Jimmy hes got a great stroke excellent vision is strong with a fair handle. Plus he is tough. Kids got his Dads edge. Same with Cole and G. We have some tough guys which is good. Should be a really fun year. Hope we can add one more athletic slasher. If so this is gonna be fun
Awesome post man. I agree with all of it.

I’m really excited to watch. I think we’re going to be a squad that other teams/fanbases hate once the season gets going and that’s always a ton of fun, too.

Jimmy Buddy Joe Cole Sid Symir G are all grown mature men. This makes a huge difference. Think the Olympics before we had pros playing. Teams like Russia had guys that were 5 to 10 years older.
Maybe not elite athletically but mature smart and excellent shooters. Strong at the intangibles.
I believe Jim is going to love coaching these guys as it will require minimum baby sitting and be more of a pro environment.
As to Jimmy hes got a great stroke excellent vision is strong with a fair handle. Plus he is tough. Kids got his Dads edge. Same with Cole and G. We have some tough guys which is good. Should be a really fun year. Hope we can add one more athletic slasher. If so this is gonna be fun
Its an interesting take and reminds me of pick up ball. When you were young, you always got schooled by the old guy who couldn’t run or jump: all he could do was shoot and keep you off the boards and away from your spot.
Then, I became that guy.

Any Syracuse fan that doesn’t have a sense of joy for the Boeheim family can’t really be much of a fan.
Win lose or draw I’m extremely excited for next season.
Um what? Program success above everything else. So based on your logic, it’s already a successful season because Jim got what he wanted and gets to coach his two sons.

I’m actually on record saying Jimmy Jr will hep next year but questioning people’s love for their program is just wrong

looking forward to it

Um what? Program success above everything else. So based on your logic, it’s already a successful season because Jim got what he wanted and gets to coach his two sons.

I’m actually on record saying Jimmy Jr will hep next year but questioning people’s love for their program is just wrong

Anyone who doesn’t feel a sense of joy for the Boeheim family must be cold blooded is what I’m talking about.All that family has done for CNY on and off the bball court is truly amazing.
All Orange fans want a winning season and a good run in the tournament, but getting to watch JB coach both his sons next season has myself and I’m sure most Orange lovers excited.
Just my two cents and my feelings.

Anyone who doesn’t feel a sense of joy for the Boeheim family must be cold blooded is what I’m talking about.All that family has done for CNY on and off the bball court is truly amazing.
All Orange fans want a winning season and a good run in the tournament, but getting to watch JB coach both his sons next season has myself and I’m sure most Orange lovers excited.

This is a little harsh. SU has been in the worst slump of his entire tenure, nearly 50 years in all.

We all want to see him go out on a relatively high point. I just hope he manages the whole roster. That's all.

This is a little harsh. SU has been in the worst slump of his entire tenure, nearly 50 years in all.

We all want to see him go out on a relatively high point. I just hope he manages the whole roster. That's all.
A slump where we made the Final Four and are one of only three teams with three Sweet 16 appearances over the last five tournaments.

so now we're coldblooded.
You're painting a picture like Jim hasnt been paid millions of dollars to do his job.

It should always be program success above all. I haven't seen one post on here that is saying "Screw JB for bringing his kid in". His actions and roster management recently has been raising some eyebrows though. It's just weird to me that of all the years he's coached, he's ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS prioritized athleticism and now, all of a sudden, 45 years later, lets switch it up and remove every athlete on the team...

yep, uh huh, exactly what happened
How would you call it then? All of our in-house +athletes have left (sane Frank and could happen). Do you believe or not believe that Jim could have kept them here (I know not all. I know how college bball is right now) if he adjusted his roster management a bit or expanded roles? Generally interested

How would you call it then? All of our in-house +athletes have left (sane Frank and could happen). Do you believe or not believe that Jim could have kept them here (I know not all. I know how college bball is right now) if he adjusted his roster management a bit or expanded roles? Generally interested
No. The guys that left wanted to leave. And we are talking about 4 guys. JBA...I don't see the college world beating down the door for him. Braswell and Woody,,,,liked them both a lot. But let's be honest, Braswell is a health risk. And I would rather have Cole Swider over him anyway. And I am a big fan of Braswell. Woody...there were issues there. Almost from the start. The one that stands out is Kadary. And he wanted to leave as early as January. And we hadn't really even played all that many games at that time. I can't speak for JB. But I like having a lot of guys that can shoot 3's and make them. Something our athletes have lacked over the years. A blend is the perfect solution. But it doesn't seem as though we do blend.

In my mind I imagine Jimmy’s announcement to have gone down like this:
9D2AB8B6-DB1B-4307-B3A3-01C440D0911D.jpeg

No. The guys that left wanted to leave. And we are talking about 4 guys. JBA...I don't see the college world beating down the door for him. Braswell and Woody,,,,liked them both a lot. But let's be honest, Braswell is a health risk. And I would rather have Cole Swider over him anyway. And I am a big fan of Braswell. Woody...there were issues there. Almost from the start. The one that stands out is Kadary. And he wanted to leave as early as January. And we hadn't really even played all that many games at that time. I can't speak for JB. But I like having a lot of guys that can shoot 3's and make them. Something our athletes have lacked over the years. A blend is the perfect solution. But it doesn't seem as though we do blend.
Woody would have stayed if his limited role continued...even if it was scattered minutes. Believe he said it on his horrendous live session on IG recently lol. I'm not taking Cole over Bras whatsoever but again, we can agree to disagree. Bras was exactly what we need this upcoming year. A three point shooter who can play D and is athletic. And we know how you feel about the Kadary situation. But again, no point in debating with you.

JB likes to talk about practice practice practice, but from an extremely reliable source, kadary was obviously getting the best of JG in practice (not shocked) and Woody was more than holding his own.

We used to like defense. That’s clearly not a priority anymore.

We used to like defense. That’s clearly not a priority anymore.
I think it's more nuanced than that. JB has clearly embraced the shift in emphasis in the modern game to three point shooting and has adjusted priorities accordingly. But I look at guys like Bennie and Kamari and I see old school Syracuse type athletes.

Woody would have stayed if his limited role continued...even if it was scattered minutes. Believe he said it on his horrendous live session on IG recently lol. I'm not taking Cole over Bras whatsoever but again, we can agree to disagree. Bras was exactly what we need this upcoming year. A three point shooter who can play D and is athletic. And we know how you feel about the Kadary situation. But again, no point in debating with you.

JB likes to talk about practice practice practice, but from an extremely reliable source, kadary was obviously getting the best of JG in practice (not shocked) and Woody was more than holding his own.
yeah, you might ask your extremely reliable source about Woody's contact at practice. Get back to me on that.

I didn't see Braswell getting offers like Nova but take whoever you want. We aren't even sure the kid can play an entire season due to his health.

I think it's more nuanced than that. JB has clearly embraced the shift in emphasis in the modern game to three point shooting and has adjusted priorities accordingly. But I look at guys like Bennie and Kamari and I see old school Syracuse type athletes.
So we allow three athletes to leave in one year to be replaced by one kid over each of the next two years? I don’t disagree that benny and Lands are guys we’d see on Cuse teams. I just wish they were 2 of 4 guys on the current team.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom