JMA Dome: The Next Phase | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

JMA Dome: The Next Phase

ahh.. which is why the pushed for everyone to bring those clear bags they sent out.. it all makes sense now
Do they still use the leaf blowers like they used to? Probably still can with seat backs…

finally gonna have real internet and now the netflix rules means nothing watch during the bad periods of a game.

I keep checking for a new, awesome network at basketball games and have not seen it. When I connect to the OrangeHotSpot network, I can get good throughput for maybe a minute and then it becomes pretty much unusable.

I think the new Wi-Fi solution was supposed to be done around the end of 2022. Believe Pete said ‘certainly before the end of basketball season’. Sounds like they have had some problems. Really hoping this gets done before basketball season ends.

I value a really top of the line Wifi solution more than everything done so far except the center hung scoreboard. Let’s get it done. If there are any journos reading this, you might want to ask around and see if this is coming anytime soon.

We fans are curious about it. Very curious.

I keep checking for a new, awesome network at basketball games and have not seen it. When I connect to the OrangeHotSpot network, I can get good throughput for maybe a minute and then it becomes pretty much unusable.

I think the new Wi-Fi solution was supposed to be done around the end of 2022. Believe Pete said ‘certainly before the end of basketball season’. Sounds like they have had some problems. Really hoping this gets done before basketball season ends.

I value a really top of the line Wifi solution more than everything done so far except the center hung scoreboard. Let’s get it done. If there are any journos reading this, you might want to ask around and see if this is coming anytime soon.

We fans are curious about it. Very curious.

I thought the new WIFI was coming with the new seats.

I thought the new WIFI was coming with the new seats.
It is looking more and more like that.

John Mezzalingua, the CEO of JMA, said at the presser announcing the new name for the facility, that it usually takes a year to install their state of the art stadium Wi-Fi solution.

Pete Sala said he thought it would be done a lot earlier.

John as asked about that and said that perhaps the completion could be moved up a bit.

Thinking about it more, maybe Pete said it certainly would be done for graduation.

Either way, it appears that John knows more about Wi-Fi installation than Pete, or maybe anyone else. Hoping when it gets announced, it is done in conjunction with the rollout of a new Cuse app, that is designed to take advantage of the great Wi-Fi system. The new app should be close to completion now, assuming they have had the foresight to move in this direction.

Fingers crossed it happens soon.

I know they like to keep us in the dark on such things.. But an update would be nice considering they just hit us with less games more money for fball.

I did too because didn’t some of the cabling involve going under the seats or something?
I think that is JMA’s preferred way to implement the solution but Pete Sala hates the idea of WAPs under seats and I believe he vetoed that approach. If you look on the walls above the 300 level, you can see many devices have been installed. They have fiber running to them and appear to be WAPs.

So I think they are doing things Pete’s way.

Unless the plan has completely changed since the JMA presser, Wi-Fi will be here a long time before the new seating.

I think that is JMA’s preferred way to implement the solution but Pete Sala hates the idea of WAPs under seats and I believe he vetoed that approach. If you look on the walls above the 300 level, you can see many devices have been installed. They have fiber running to them and appear to be WAPs.

So I think they are doing things Pete’s way.

Unless the plan has completely changed since the JMA presser, Wi-Fi will be here a long time before the new seating.

Gotcha

i would think it also makes a difference in a dome vs in a outdoor stadium how you get the signal where you want it.. we could literally have devices over head in any seat if that helped the signal.

i would think it also makes a difference in a dome vs in a outdoor stadium how you get the signal where you want it.. we could literally have devices over head in any seat if that helped the signal.

Wi-Fi should be set and ready by the 2023 football as long as there are no hiccups along the way

Wi-Fi should be set and ready by the 2023 football as long as there are no hiccups along the way
They'd have 3 months to get it installed. Plenty of time.

They started in June. John M said 12 months. I would hope they would have it in place before then.

It will stink if the first event with Wi-Fi is monster trucks.

They started in June. John M said 12 months. I would hope they would have it in place before then.

It will stink if the first event with Wi-Fi is monster trucks.
A year? Really? Does anyone else find this preposterous? I mean, Stanford demolished their old football stadium, then built a brand new one next door in less time.

A year? Really? Does anyone else find this preposterous? I mean, Stanford demolished their old football stadium, then built a brand new one next door in less time.
Do you know specially the details of the SOW? Maybe there were Supply chain issues on certain components like the whole country has been dealing with or maybe they are finalizing newer tech that will be included that is going through final lab testing or maybe they already have install teams working across the country and can't pull certain resources. Either way why would you take so much offense to an extended installation?

Do you know specially the details of the SOW? Maybe there were Supply chain issues on certain components like the whole country has been dealing with or maybe they are finalizing newer tech that will be included that is going through final lab testing or maybe they already have install teams working across the country and can't pull certain resources. Either way why would you take so much offense to an extended installation?
Because mediocrity I can accept with Syracuse. But not ineptitude.

Because mediocrity I can accept with Syracuse. But not ineptitude.
The point is you have no clue at all what specially the problem(s) are or were. So since you have zero understanding, why would you be mad? You have no idea if it is ineptitude. Rarely on a project like that it is. Chillax it's not like they are installing a router at your house. Lots of elements to a large scale project.

The point is you have no clue at all what specially the problem(s) are or were. So since you have zero understanding, why would you be mad? You have no idea if it is ineptitude. Rarely on a project like that it is. Chillax it's not like they are installing a router at your house. Lots of elements to a large scale project.
Look, I'm tired of arguing this with you. My original point was a school took down an entire football stadium, and then built a brand new one next to it, in less time. This is ineptitude on its very face. Or, the school wants to save a couple of pennies, because they don't give a rats azz if their fans do without for the extra time.

Agree. JMA is the premiere company in the world in this field. They did the same setup at Sofi, which hosted the Super Bowl last year.

This isn’t like setting up a wireless router in your house. There are videos and technical papers out there if you want to educate yourself and gain even a tiny bit of knowledge on this topic.

JMA knew it was going to take a year to implement. They have been consistent on this. When it is done, we will have the only college venue with this setup. And that will likely be the case for years and years.

Slightly off topic but does anyone know how the private 5G wireless network rollout is going on campus. I know they started the trial with freshman dorms, but we haven't heard much since then.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom