joe pa claims he was shocked over the charges on sandusky | Syracusefan.com

joe pa claims he was shocked over the charges on sandusky

Yeah Paterno didn't know and I'm a Chinese jet pilot ... I hope the feds get involved ... could get real ugly.

If I'm a head coach and I'm told that one of my assistants was seen doing something inappropriate with a child, I make it my business to find out every detail, ASAP.

I'm begging a reporter to ask, "Coach Paterno, would you have handled the situation differently had it been your 10-year-old grandson in the locker room?"

They gotta fire him and throw him out of the house he lives in on campus. I'm sorry to kick out an 85 year old or however old he is, from not only his job but his home as well, but if Penn St is a respectable university they have to do it. I mean there is no other option. The attorney general report says he knew, JoePa cant play dumb. It isn't flying. Nobody is buying it.

Not know the details? What can you possibly know without knowing details?

This whole deal is unbelievable. I work with a guy who played at PSU. Really curious to know if the players ever suspected anything.

F him. He knew in the late 90s and he knew when his GA and father met with him in 2002. F you JoePa. You did enough to barely maybe cover your ass legally and that's it. How many others suffered because you couldn't be fuc*king bothered to follow-up to see what became of the investigation to which there was a FUC*KING EYEWITNESS. It wasn't about being bothered though was it Joe. Your program's reputation might be sullied. Lowlife.

I may be mistaken, I looked at the DA report briefly and thought it said something about Curley or Schultz conducting a full investigation back in 1998. If so, what are the odds that Paterno was never asked about it, or heard about it, from his best friend and dude he hung out with 24/7 way back then?

The whole thing sounds like spin in the link above...

How about the fact that your UBER-successful friend retired from coaching in 1999 to spend more time with children, then in 2002 you hear he's touching children, and then didn't think it was a big deal because you didn't get full details from a GA? Okay - that sounds about right. :crazy:

What's funny (or sad) is that their claim as defense is that the grad assistant did not specify that rape was happening. So that means the report they got was him seeing Sandusky naked with a little boy in the shower. Something you definately should not report to authorities, you know :crazy:

Even if Sandusky claimed they were playing checkers in the shower, you go to the police.

he's claiming he was never told the details.he is so full of sh!$ here.

of course scott paterno a political operative is his spokesperson.smells of a state cover up of a what the G.A. SAID VS. THE ENABLER,
http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefoo...r-defensive-coordinator-Jerry-Sandusky-110611?

Joe Paterno talks about God and integrity and he turned a blind eye to this. I know he is old, but this goes beyond football. How many kids could have been saved had he duty as a freaking human being. I don't believe in hell, but I hope this plays on his conscious for the rest his miserable life. It's heartbreaking reading what happened to the victims, who will likely be messed in ways big and small for the rest of their lives, and know that Joe Paterno and their AD could have stopped it.

anyone who would sell there soul and let children be hurt to win and keep a image- is worse than the mentally deformed who commited the crime

The one angle to this is Sandusky ... who is to say that he won't start shedding light on who knew what with regards to this situation if indeed he gets pressed ... he might have his own bargaining chips with regards to blowing in those who knew and did nothing. As the father to a 4 year old girl and a one week old baby boy I would kick that man's face in if given the opportunity ... it makes me sick!

I just read the Grand Jury testimony. Wow. They should take a fire hose to that campus and completely clean out all of the higher-ups.

President - Fired
AD - Fired
Paterno - Fired
McQueary (GA) - Fired
Sandusky - Rot in jail for eternity

Its despicable that a GA can walk into a locker room to see a 59 yr old man anally raping a 10 year old boy and said GA (a) does not beat the hell out of Sandusky or stop the rape and (b) doesn't feel it necessary to call the police.

Paterno is also implicit. When the GA told him what happened the following day, Paterno had every opportunity to call the police and instead simply reported it to the AD. It basically got all the way to the President and still nobody decided to call the authorities. Meanwhile, Sandusky is roaming around the campus 9 years later bringing little boys to bowl games, etc. Maybe Paterno could have at some point within those 9 years at least went to the AD's office and said "How's that investigation going?"

Paterno's legacy has to be severely tarnished after this mess.

He may never have been told the details but after 15 years if he wasn't suspicious of something he is am idiot. You're right, no doubt he is being protected.

Sent from my DROIDX

If you are Paterno and your GA walks into your office and says that he saw Sandusky "horsing around" naked in the shower with a 10 year old and you have an ounce of morality, don't you think you may have inquired as to what exactly "horsing around" meant? I can tell you for damn sure I would have.

Either Paterno (1) didn't want to know so didn't dig any deeper or (2) he found out and did nothing to stop this monster. Either way, Paterno's inaction allowed Sandusky to potentially continue raping young boys within his own football complex.

FWIW - the GA remains on staff as an assistant. Some on the PSU boards speculate without evidence that in 2004 Paterno used the inaction of administration to prevent his widely rumored impending firing.

I just read the Grand Jury testimony. Wow. They should take a fire hose to that campus and completely clean out all of the higher-ups.

President - Fired
AD - Fired
Paterno - Fired
McQueary (GA) - Fired
Sandusky - Rot in jail for

Paterno's legacy has to be severely tarnished after this mess.

This is his legacy. It's all that walking corpse deserves. They knew about this in 1996, and probably earlier and no one did anything to stop him.

It's ridiculous that a school can be punished because athletes get some free tattoos, but there's nothing in the rules that will punish a program when a football coach rapes a child in the football building. A 15 year cover up. F*** them all.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

FWIW - the GA remains on staff as an assistant.

GA is speculated to be Mike McQueary, a former QB now recruiting coordinator.

Some on the PSU boards speculate without evidence that in 2004 Paterno used the inaction of administration to prevent his widely rumored impending firing.

Ugh. That can't be true.

Can it?

F him. He knew in the late 90s and he knew when his GA and father met with him in 2002. F you JoePa. You did enough to barely maybe cover your ass legally and that's it. How many others suffered because you couldn't be fuc*king bothered to follow-up to see what became of the investigation to which there was a FUC*KING EYEWITNESS. It wasn't about being bothered though was it Joe. Your program's reputation might be sullied. Lowlife.
they are saying it happened from 1994-2009...the guy was there for almost 3 decades...im sure theres more to this story than we will ever know...i doubt it just"started" happening in 94 as well...once a sicko always a sicko.

President - Fired
AD - Fired
Paterno - Fired
McQueary (GA) - Fired
Sandusky - Rot in jail for eternity

I could be off the mark on this, but I don't have nearly the level of anger towards McQueary as I do the higher ups. I wouldn't be surprised if what he saw has haunted him for the past decade.

I could be off the mark on this, but I don't have nearly the level of anger towards McQueary as I do the higher ups. I wouldn't be surprised if what he saw has haunted him for the past decade.

I don't know, all they did was tell Sandusky not to bring kids onto the Penn State campus to rape them any more - I guess off campus molestation is fine with them. :crazy: He's known that for a long time - to just sit on it, with years to reflect on what you saw - it's kind of troubling that it took however long for it all to come out publicly.

His initial reaction, I can understand to a certain extent (he was probably in shock, and dealing with people that controlled his future) - after that, not so sure if he said nothing for YEARS. He must have known this dude was working with children.

Before we get the lynching party together and hang all these guys. let the courts decide whether he's guilty or innocent and who was complicit ....a uniquely civil American approach.

I know... I'm a jerk.

He saw a 10 year old being raped and never called the authorities. He was 29 years at the time. I'm sure he has had to live with the horror of what he saw but that doesnt excuse the fact that he allowed this monster to walk around to potentially rape other young boys.

he certainly owed it to that 10 year old and many of Sanduskys other victims to step up and go to the cops. The same goes for anybody who knew about it (joepa, Curley, Spanier). They should all be canned (at the very least)

Before we get the lynching party together and hang all these guys. let the courts decide whether he's guilty or innocent and who was complicit ....a uniquely civil American approach.

I know... I'm a jerk.

That works except when the legal authorities protect people. Isn't it curious that the ONE person that should have noticed something over all those years is now states witness?

Look I have no love for anyone who would do this type of thing...but at the same time people have been known to falsely accuse others of things like this.

We weren't there. we don't know the credibility of McQueary. Did he have some kind of axe to grind with Sandusky?

I know the whole thing sounds disgusting, and smoke and fire are frequent partners, but I'd prefer to wait and see how this thing plays out before I accuse everyone of some kind of guilt or complicity.

I've seen false accusations before...that's just the way I look at these things.

Doesn't mean the story doesn't tick me off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom