Joe | Syracusefan.com

Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know JAB has been defending him for 4 years- but the kids decision making and lack of defense kills us when he isn’t shooting
And it has been for 3 years now.

unfortunately, some took suggestions that Joe wasn’t an ACC caliber player personally and suggested it was “hate”.

it wasn’t. He’s just not a consistent starter at a high d1 level.

I know JAB has been defending him for 4 years- but the kids decision making and lack of defense kills us when he isn’t shooting
He’s 0-2 this week

I just got home from the game. Joes three brutal turnovers in the second half were a big part of the loss.
The second he started bringing the ball up it got scary and mentioned before the turnovers in the game thread. Then he promptly made a mess of two fast breaks and didn’t come and get the ball before finally getting trapped and throwing it away for a layup on the other end with a minute to play.

Brutal. He should not be handling the ball. If mintz is thrown out, foul trouble, whatever. Play Symir or even Copeland. We’ve seen enough

Box score said he had one, found it odd.
The scoring on who gets a turnover or rebound is crazy sometimes. Probably, they gave the turnover to the guy who couldn't handle the bad pass?

On one of them (the dunk the other way) Taylor didn't come to the ball and took his eyes off it at the last second. Brutal pass by Girard, but I could see Taylor getting hit with it on the scorecard.

Last edited:
Joe should definitely sit more but Symir needs less time too. He also cost us tonight.
Didn’t Symir improve pretty drastically near the end of last year?
Maybe he actually needs more time and we’ll see another step forward. I think he’s better than what we’ve seen this far this season. There‘s a ceiling but he can be productive. I think QC needs to mature game wise, and its always going to be a balancing act with someone who handles the ball and is a passer/playmaker: how he develops vs how much he costs you while he develops.

Didn’t Symir improve pretty drastically near the end of last year?
Maybe he actually needs more time and we’ll see another step forward. I think he’s better than what we’ve seen this far this season. There‘s a ceiling but he can be productive. I think QC needs to mature game wise, and its always going to be a balancing act with someone who handles the ball and is a passer/playmaker: how he develops vs how much he costs you while he develops.
I would rather see Quadir than Joe at the PG and its not close. Other than open 3's sometimes and FT Joe provides little positives to the team. He is below average or worse at everything else.

The second he started bringing the ball up it got scary and mentioned before the turnovers in the game thread. Then he promptly made a mess of two fast breaks and didn’t come and get the ball before finally getting trapped and throwing it away for a layup on the other end with a minute to play.

Brutal. He should not be handling the ball. If mintz is thrown out, foul trouble, whatever. Play Symir or even Copeland. We’ve seen enough
Totally agree with you! I think we seen enough today to slide Taylor to the 2

He’s a good shooter and an otherwise terrible basketball player.

So if he’s not shooting good, he’s actively hurting you.

0 minutes of Joe and 40 of Symir/Copeland, and we win the last 2 games. He’s absolutely killing us.
We 100% lose that game against Richmond, without Joe...just saying

We 100% lose that game against Richmond, without Joe...just saying
Yup. He won us one, and then lost us the last two.

Thing is….when he’s hot, play him. I’m not saying bench him all the way. Give him a crack and certain games when he’s got it going, you play him more.

The issue is, why is he in there for 35 minutes or whatever when he’s going 1-12? He does nothing else well.

Thing is….when he’s hot, play him. I’m not saying bench him all the way. Give him a crack and certain games when he’s got it going, you play him more.

The issue is, why is he in there for 35 minutes or whatever when he’s going 1-12? He does nothing else well.
I am not arguing with you that he can hurt the team's performance when he is in a dry spell. Joe can be very inconsistent for such an experienced player. His performance in these last 2 games has been frustrating, but eventually his shots will drop. Overall, I think Joe is good player and we need his shooting. Edwards getting 1 point in the first half when he is the tallest player on the floor by a foot and Judah getting himself ejected early were bigger problems than Joe tonight.

I am not arguing with you that he can hurt the team's performance when he is in a dry spell. Joe can be very inconsistent for such an experienced player. His performance in these last 2 games has been frustrating, but eventually his shots will drop. Overall, I think Joe is good player and we need his shooting. Edwards getting 1 point in the first half when he is the tallest player on the floor by a foot and Judah getting himself ejected early were bigger problems than Joe tonight.
Jesse had 12 points and 21 rebounds. I’ll sign up for that every night.

I don't think anyone expects Joe to not get 14+ minutes and not shoot at least 5.5 shots in the first half all year. If Taylor stays consistent, we will go to the 3 perimeter threat offense taking some pressure off of Judah who has to be ready either way.

To me, Joe felt like our 4th scoring option who got bumped back to 5th the last 2 games and can hit a big shot late. He had that as a soph at times, but now he has it with a lot less dribble on off nights.

Spacing

I wonder how many Joe threads there are on this site now. Kid sure does get some emotional reactions from us.

For combined seasons; from 2007-08 to 2022-23; requiring 2-Point Field Goal Attempts >= 424 and 2-Point Field Goal Percentage <= .3775 and Assists <= 366 and Turnovers >= 226; sorted by descending Points

Look at the schools who are forced to endure this

For combined seasons; from 2007-08 to 2022-23; requiring 2-Point Field Goal Attempts >= 424 and 2-Point Field Goal Percentage <= .3775 and Assists <= 366 and Turnovers >= 226; sorted by descending Points

Look at the schools who are forced to endure this

Oof_Size_Large.jpg

Last night was the first time I've heard a multiple people heckling Joe in the Dome. Much like Trevor Cooney, though, I feel bad for the kid. JB is the one putting him in this position by steadfastly sticking with him, no matter how poorly he happens to be playing on a given night. JB's excuse that a shooter can get hot at any moment is just not cutting it. He plays favorites even when it hurts the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom