Josh Glanton | Syracusefan.com

Josh Glanton

TheSpaz

2nd String
Josh Glanton has just arrived in Syracuse. Let's hope for a flip! :)

Damn, today? Isn't it cold and windy in Syracuse today?

who cares i really think we land this kid especially with how thin we are at the position

A lot of Deep South kids are impressed with the dramatic change in climate and really dig the snow when they first get here. I hope Glanton likes the white stuff. I have a feeling he's looking beyond the weather as far as primary considerations go. With MS a question mark for the start of the season, this kid is looming bigger, as he has already played MLB in HS...very well, I might add. He may not play this year, but he would add nice depth to the position. I also read here somewhere that Parson is still a possibility if he gets his academics in order. My guess is the prep school or JUCO route for Darius.

Stealing FIU's recruits isn't too exciting, but I guess you have to start somewhere. Hopefully within the next decade we'll be trying to steal Miami recruits.

A lot of Deep South kids are impressed with the dramatic change in climate and really dig the snow when they first get here. I hope Glanton likes the white stuff. I have a feeling he's looking beyond the weather as far as primary considerations go. With MS a question mark for the start of the season, this kid is looming bigger, as he has already played MLB in HS...very well, I might add. He may not play this year, but he would add nice depth to the position. I also read here somewhere that Parson is still a possibility if he gets his academics in order. My guess is the prep school or JUCO route for Darius.
I hope he doesn't like the white stuff too much... Cocaine's a hell of a drug.

Georgia gets pretty cold at night guys. This summer it was hitting in the forties at night after 120 during the day, so I can't imagine how cold it gets this time of year.

Georgia gets pretty cold at night guys. This summer it was hitting in the forties at night after 120 during the day, so I can't imagine how cold it gets this time of year.
I re-raise you all in.

I really hope people realize I was trying to be funny

Stealing FIU's recruits isn't too exciting, but I guess you have to start somewhere. Hopefully within the next decade we'll be trying to steal Miami

Please enlighten us about your div 1 coaching experience and all about evaluating talent and recruiting. Next we will hear all of the B Listers crap. This is the type of BS that we don't need...

Please enlighten us about your div 1 coaching experience and all about evaluating talent and recruiting. Next we will hear all of the B Listers crap. This is the type of BS that we don't need...

I'm just saying stealing FIU's recruits isn't that big of a deal. And that I hope it changes to Miami's recruits in a few years.

He could turn out to be a solid player, but it doesn't change the fact that teams with 4 and 5 star talent win.

I'm just saying stealing FIU's recruits isn't that big of a deal. And that I hope it changes to Miami's recruits in a few years.

He could turn out to be a solid player, but it doesn't change the fact that teams with 4 and 5 star talent win.

Seriously - in the entire history of the program, have we ever gotten a Miami recruit to decommit to SU?
Personally, I'm content to see our verbals (like Whigham) having a Miami offer.
And speaking of Miami, how have all those 4 and 5 star recruits been working out for them? Their record over the past 5 years is a very mediocre 34-29.

It may have happened. I'm not going to post it but if you know where to look you know what I'm talking about!:)

The latest notes are that he is an Athletic LB prospect which is a position of need and importance considering our defense. Sooner or later you have to buy into the evaluation process in place. Will our roster be loaded with the 4 & 5 star kids someday? Who knows? From day 1 marrone has stated he was building this thing from the ground up (which they have). This year we are seeing more stars (for all you star counters out there). It's still not good enough for some, but it is a steady increase. At least it appears that way. I dont analyze the numbers that closely, nor care to.

The program is coming out of a fragile state and the fact is we need to keep building. Have faith, better days are ahead. It may be a blessing that we have another year in the big east before the jump to the ACC. This years collapse was unbearable. But let it serve as a wake up call. We weren't there yet. It still shouldn't have happened, but it did. We weren't there yet!!! We can only hope Marrone continues to gain momentum.

Good post call me impressed with the job Doug and crew are doing on the recruiting front. Lets hope we have a solid 12 season no more melt downs Doug gets an extension and we continue to build the foundation. I really like how he has addressed our needs this year at TE DL and RB. I would have liked to see another RB in the group as Devonte is a mystery and would also like to see us close with one more DE/Manley Morgan and a LB.

Seriously - in the entire history of the program, have we ever gotten a Miami recruit to decommit to SU?
Personally, I'm content to see our verbals (like Whigham) having a Miami offer.
And speaking of Miami, how have all those 4 and 5 star recruits been working out for them? Their record over the past 5 years is a very mediocre 34-29.

I said I hope our program gets to a point where we are trying to steal Miami's recruits.

Stealing FIU's recruits isn't that big of a deal. We should be able to steal their recruits.

Coach Marrone hasn't shown much either I can only name maybe a handful of "four star" talent he's developed.

Didn't we turn down TJ Neal (3 star LB) due limited scholies, but now we hope to flip Glanton ( 2 star)? Seems like a step backwards.

Stealing FIU's recruits isn't too exciting, but I guess you have to start somewhere. Hopefully within the next decade we'll be trying to steal Miami recruits.

Mario Cristobal down at FIU has a pretty good eye for talent and is a heck of a recruiter. He's building that program and they were 8-4 this year with wins over Louisville and Central Florida. It's not so much stealing a recruit from FIU as it is getting one away from Cristobal.

Didn't we turn down TJ Neal (3 star LB) due limited scholies, but now we hope to flip Glanton ( 2 star)? Seems like a step backwards.
Maybe Neal's stars were dwarf stars and Glanton's are giants. You've got to think astronomically. :cool:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom