Josh Hough to DL | Syracusefan.com

Josh Hough to DL

Josh is not 255... Lol looks more like 280-290
Listed weight on roster was 255, I would assume he is adding weight to play DL but I could not find any newer weight listed by SU athletics. Added weight is beneficial, if it is good muscle weight amd does not impede his quickness. Doubt he could have added good weight to get to 290 that soon but who knows.
In fact I would hope he is not that big, you reach a point of diminishing returns if a DL gets too large. He needs to be no more than 280, and I would prefer 275 with a BMI of about 31.

l

Last edited:
Listed weight on roster was 255, I would assume he is adding weight to play DL but I could not find any newer weight listed by SU athletics. Added weight is beneficial, if it is good muscle weight amd does not impede his quickness. Doubt he could have added good weight to get to 290 that soon but who knows.

l
Oh yeah, I get annoyed that Cuse only updates the rosters like twice a year. A lot of guys look bigger then their roster listing.

If Josh can transition well by learning the techniques and scheme then there is a good chance he can contibute this season. I think there is lots of young D lineman with great potential. I think Linton can make a big jump. The D Line can be one of the best units in the Acc a year or two from now.

Last edited:
If Josh can transition well by learning the techniques and scheme then there is a good chance he can contibute this season. I think there is lots of young D lineman with great potential. I think Linton can make a big jump. The D Line can be one of the best units in the Acc a year or two from now.
Is it possible that our DT rotation is Lockett, Hough, Darton? 25 snaps each? Is 3 DTs enough? We’d all like a 4th I’d guess.

Florange44

After rapid weight gain and rehab from a knee injury, I would think he needs time to get familiar with his body. It would be a welcome surprise if it all translates early.

After rapid weight gain and rehab from a knee injury, I would think he needs time to get familiar with his body. It would be a welcome surprise if it all translates early.
Agree

I agree. A lot of young talent. I just hope they are strong enough to challenge the big O lineman they face this year. The future is definitely bright, especially bringing in that kid from New York that just verbally committed.

I agree. A lot of young talent. I just hope they are strong enough to challenge the big O lineman they face this year. The future is definitely bright, especially bringing in that kid from New York that just verbally committed.
Some are concerned about weight but its really about how strong and explosive they are. I think they will be.

Some are concerned about weight but its really about how strong and explosive they are. I think they will be.
Agreed. Weight has never been the real issue. It is about strength, explosiveness, power, and...size (but not size as defined by "weight"). If we have enough of the first 3 traits, we should be ok.

Agreed. Weight has never been the real issue. It is about strength, explosiveness, power, and...size (but not size as defined by "weight"). If we have enough of the first 3 traits, we should be ok.
Yeah I think we will be ok. Mostly everything is zone blocking. First step, punch and explosiveness does more than big. We all want big explosive D lineman but we don't get them at SU.

Last edited:
Best 3 man front nose ever here was Kevin Mitchell, who was a quick twitch 250 (maybe). I get it , the kid was a unicorn, NFL LB.

I’d add low pad level and ability to play with leverage to your attributes.

This is the most productive LB unit this team has had in a while. Thompson and Wax have made themselves potential downhill force players instead of angle pursuit guys.

With this defense I think finding an impact rover is more important than an alpha interior DL

Best 3 man front nose ever here was Kevin Mitchell, who was a quick twitch 250 (maybe). I get it , the kid was a unicorn, NFL LB.

I’d add low pad level and ability to play with leverage to your attributes.

This is the most productive LB unit this team has had in a while. Thompson and Wax have made themselves potential downhill force players instead of angle pursuit guys.

With this defense I think finding an impact rover is more important than an alpha interior DL
Facts. Rover position is important.

Fear not, BMI is not an accurate indicator of health. It's just a height/weight measure with no allowances for body type. You can actually be 8% body fat and be classified as obese according to BMI. Myles Garrett is obese, yeah right.
Yup. Most running backs would be classified as obese. 5'11 225 with a six pack, and classified as obese.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom