Josh Hough to DL | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Josh Hough to DL

I think some parents don’t understand that we, as a community, are SU Football fans first and foremost. We have been fans long before their son came here and will be fans long after their son leaves. We root for the team to succeed regardless of who plays. Fans are going to have some critical takes, both fair and unfair, but that’s what fans do. Parents should avoid fan boards unless they have elephant hide.

I know one of the prime areas of focus early on for SUAD John Wildhack was improving support for athletes dealing with mental health issues. I think we have a really good support system in place these days.

This is a major issue for all college students. Athletes even more so.

Just dealing with living on your own and being totally responsible for your schedule and assignments is a big deal.

Add in playing a sport like football, which is basically a full time job.

Then add in suffering a devastating injury. You are young, full of confidence and feeling invincible and then something like this happens.

I am amazed how many college athletes handle all the pressure and adversity so well. Josh is a personal favorite of so many on the board. I am sure we all wish him well and are hoping for him to overcome early adversity and show us all the great player he can become.

Get well soon Josh. We are all rooting for you.

Does Syracuse have anything close to what Colorado has?

I know one of the prime areas of focus early on for SUAD John Wildhack was improving support for athletes dealing with mental health issues. I think we have a really good support system in place these days.

Just dealing with living on your own and being totally responsible for your schedule and assignments is a big deal.

Then add in suffering a devastating injury. You are young, full of confidence and feeling invincible and then something like this happens.

I am amazed how many college athletes handle all the pressure and adversity so well. Josh is a personal favorite of so many on the board. I am sure we all wish him well and are hoping for him to overcome early adversity and show us all the great player he can become.

Great post. Spot on.

I had a chance to talk with him after the spring game. What a nice kid. He was super excited to get back on the field and said he was making good progress. It's a shame that he was injured and to such a degree. I think that he is going to come back and comeback strong. He obviously has a great family, and you don't get to his level without putting in the work. He just needs to take his time. Let his body dictate when he is ready, and my money is on him doing very well when he gets back on the field.

It can be VERY tough for athletes.

One of several things Wildhack has done that I really like.

During my game rewatch vs NC State, for the first time I noticed Josh Hough in pads. He is looking big for a DT. I hope he is moving well and could be a contributor. I also did see Garth Barclay in pads. Not your typical looking DT, but I believe he is next in line behind Elijah Fuentues Cundiff.

Quick notes on Barclay and Hough.
Barclay has had a serious cast on his hand. Can’t imagine it’s making his tradition to DL any easier.
Hough has lost weight since the beginning of the season. He appears to be working hard. Watch him jog and move around some. With all due respect to the kid he needs another year to recover from surgery and adjust to his new size. Big offseason coming for Josh.

Barclay has had a serious cast on his hand. Can’t imagine it’s making his tradition to DL any easier.
Hough has lost weight since the beginning of the season. He appears to be working hard. Watch him jog and move around some. With all due respect to the kid he needs another year to recover from surgery and adjust to his new size. Big offseason coming for Josh.
With his quickness and strength, he has the god given gifts to become an amazing DL player. He has NFL size the fact that he is putting in the work is all i need to know that he is going to be successful.

That's kind of what I was thinking on Hough as well, this season and full off season of S&C to really get back into it. Boatload of potential at the DT position.

If he can lose the weight, I'd like to see him back under 250lbs and at running back, rather than at DT. From what the Fall camp video showed, all of the extra weight, looked like bad weight. Like, inhaling twinkies kind of weight. We also might have a bigger need at running back next season than Defensive line, if Sean Tucker heads to the NFL.

As of right now, it would be Allen, Price, Parkman, and Daniels on scholly. RB room will be fine.
Have to disagree. No way a P5 program should go into a season with that kind of uncertainty, and frankly, lack of depth. Could absolutely use a "bruiser" back like Josh, and maybe even a proven portal guy. Parkman and Daniels are fast, but smallish; maybe even slot guys in Parkman's case. Price being MIA this season, is a huge red flag.

Have to disagree. No way a P5 program should go into a season with that kind of uncertainty, and frankly lack of depth. Could absolutely use a "bruiser" back like Josh, and maybe even a proven portal guy.
Three scholarship running backs this year, and it's thus far been fine. Defensive line is more punishing and is much harder to recruit quality, as we've seen. Take what you can get from where ever you can find it for the defensive line.

Have to disagree. No way a P5 program should go into a season with that kind of uncertainty, and frankly, lack of depth. Could absolutely use a "bruiser" back like Josh, and maybe even a proven portal guy. Parkman and Daniels are fast, but smallish; maybe even slot guys in Parkman's case. Price being MIA this season, is a huge red flag.
my understanding is that his injury has caused him to change positions

Three scholarship running backs this year, and it's thus far been fine. Defensive line is more punishing and is much harder to recruit quality, as we've seen. Take what you can get from where ever you can find it for the defensive line.
Yes, but that's because we have been lucky with no serious injury to any rbs; and, Sean basically gets the workload of a number 1 AND number 2 rb.

Tucker is avg 20 carries per game like Corum of Michigan. His workload isn’t that extreme.
Sean is our #1, #2, and 3rd down back. You're not factoring in the passing attack. The only non-Sean Tucker rb snaps of note this season, are when he has had to exit the game due to injury. Really, no one else does this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom