Josh Hough | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Josh Hough

He has been on team team and practicing and learning the offense. Of course you don't want to burn his redshirt, so he didn't play before the bye, and coming out of the bye these freshman are more like sophomores.
I wish I had your confidence to blindly cling to an opinion that is based on nothing more than my own imagination.

he could play the Elmore role next year but really be a threat to run which would be interesting. SWC has been wanting more 2 back looks and we could see it if he gets healthy.

I know how good of a back Tucker is.

Again, I'm all for "all hands on deck" to ensure that we get a 6th win. But the one positional unit we don't need to dip that deep into is RB -- for reasons that are readily obvious to everyone except you, apparently.
By this point in the season, these guys have taken a pounding and have lots of bruises and small injuries. This isn't a video game.

I wish I had your confidence to blindly cling to an opinion that is based on nothing more than my own imagination.
Hough is one of the better running backs out of Pa. in 2021, from Beaver Falls, where they play real high school football. If it were me, i'd give him some run.

Eh Tucker avoids a lot of big hits for an RB. Shredder takes big hits but generally not at full speed
Is that how it looks to you from your sofa?

He still limps heavily. He was in his tracksuit on Saturday and the brace was very noticeable still. Heavy limp, he definitely tore his ACL or MCL or something serious and he’ll be back for summer camp.
Thanks for the info. That's basically what I remembered other posters reporting from seeing him at other games.

Hough is one of the better running backs out of Pa. in 2021, from Beaver Falls, where they play real high school football. If it were me, i'd give him some run.
Read this post and move on to another topic. He is not healthy!

Thanks for the info. That's basically what I remembered other posters reporting from seeing him at other games.
The other thing that I will say about him is that he is

ahem

A very large individual.

I am so excited to watch him play the position, especially from short yardage. Rhino 2.0 incoming.

just stop. You’re embarrassing yourself.
Look, I worry about those guys, this is a very tough and physical sport. If you can ease their load a little, it's a good thing.

see

even more than usual!
Dino manages the information coming out about practice like it's the D-day invasion, so I speculated a little. What else is there to do during a bye week?

We should allow Hough a year to recover, condition and adjust to the college game. Absolutely no reason to rush him out there with as talented a three deep as we have. Hope he’s able to take the backup role next year.

We should allow Hough a year to recover, condition and adjust to the college game. Absolutely no reason to rush him out there with as talented a three deep as we have. Hope he’s able to take the backup role next year.
He doesn't seem to have any faith in Lutz and Adams.

I think Dino even said that Tucker is in charge of letting staff know when he needs a rest. If he needs to take a snap or two off he taps out. The next 3 games are going to look a lot like the last 6. I would not expect much to change unless Tucker wanted it to.

How am I supposed to know, I'm not at the practices.
Then why did you claim he was practicing?
He has been on team team and practicing and learning the offense. Of course you don't want to burn his redshirt, so he didn't play before the bye, and coming out of the bye these freshman are more like sophomores.

He doesn't seem to have any faith in Lutz and Adams.
He clearly has substantial faith in Lutz, otherwise he wouldn’t see the light of day with the ball security issues.

Then why did you claim he was practicing?
Because the initial report of his injury didn't sound severe, and that was a long while ago.

He clearly has substantial faith in Lutz, otherwise he wouldn’t see the light of day with the ball security issues.
Did he get any plays last week? I don't remember any.

Did he get any plays last week? I don't remember any.
He had some runs in the fourth vs BC

Tucker ran for 200+, you’re not gonna take him out. We didn’t have a comfortable enough lead.

No, I don't think that. I think the staff is going to ride this thoroughbred as far as he can take them.

And if he does need to come out, then we've got several other players waiting in the wings. Adams -- a highly rated transfer from Oklahoma -- can barely see the field.

You want to talk about Hough being special down the road -- cool. But I don't want to see Tucker come out of the game -- the kid is on the cusp of several historical achievements. Really interested in seeing where this leads.
Correct. We need Hough to pound the defense just like we needed Johnny Morant as a vertical threat as a true frosh in 2000. Lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diamondmakr

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom