Josh Hough | Syracusefan.com

Josh Hough

SUbear

All Conference
Josh appeared to be wearing a large knee brace, and was not dressed for fan fest, noticeably gimpy. Anybody know what the story is on him?

Injured in 1st scrimmage.

Status TBD.

Hough.png

Last edited:
He wasn't using crutches, but that was one heck of a brace

I know father said precautionary, but those type of braces are almost always used post operatively.

I think Jarveon can handle the short yardage situations. No disrepect to Josh’s situation. Hopefully it is a speedy recovery.

He wasn't using crutches, but that was one heck of a brace
The picture posted above has him using them. If he's just carrying them along, that's a good sign.

The picture posted above has him using them. If he's just carrying them along, that's a good sign.
I think it's safe to say that Hough will be out of commission for most if not the entire season. No sense in risking anything with him this year. Let him acclimate to college life and be ready for a big role next season.

I think it's safe to say that Hough will be out of commission for most if not the entire season. No sense in risking anything with him this year. Let him acclimate to college life and be ready for a big role next season.
Yeah, no reason to rush a young guy back. I'm guessing the plan was to redshirt anyway, unless he was just way better than an older guy expected to get time or there was a rash of injuries.

He was not using the crutches. Was limping around and playing catch with other backs. This kid is huge. Reminds me of Christian Okoye in terms of size. Hope he isn’t out too long.
We have one of the best RB rooms in the league. Let him heal and learn.

Syracuse won’t be at full strength

The Orange will not be at full strength when it travels to Ohio, head coach Dino Babers told Brent Axe during their weekly Thursday interview on ESPN Radio.

Babers did not say which players would be unavailable, though a couple of starting linemen, offensive guard Dakota Dakota and defensive lineman McKinley Williams, have been sidelined for most of the past month.

Davis is working his way back from injury. Williams has missed practice because of an illness and needs medical clearance to suit up.

Babers said nobody has been lost for the season.

The Orange will not be at full strength when it travels to Ohio, head coach Dino Babers told Brent Axe during their weekly Thursday interview on ESPN Radio.

Babers did not say which players would be unavailable, though a couple of starting linemen, offensive guard Dakota Dakota and defensive lineman McKinley Williams, have been sidelined for most of the past month.

Davis is working his way back from injury. Williams has missed practice because of an illness and needs medical clearance to suit up.

He might have said that but he never tells the truth about injuries. From what I've heard, don't expect to see Hough on the field at all this year.

Not sure why people aren't touching the Williams thing. Illness issues usually don't need medical clearance. Everyone assumes this is covid related but other illnesses like mono still exist and I'm sure there are a few others. Caleb O missed an entire season with some illness.

I'm guessing a moderate sprain of a knee ligament...6-8 weeks rehab for Mr Hough.

Not sure why people aren't touching the Williams thing. Illness issues usually don't need medical clearance. Everyone assumes this is covid related but other illnesses like mono still exist and I'm sure there are a few others. Caleb O missed an entire season with some illness.
You’re right to use the word “usually” as their are exceptions. In this age group, Mononucleosis is a big one. But there are multiple infections that can have lingering effects…and some with permanent sequelae. Hopefully it is/was an infection, not one of those exceptions I alluded to, and he is back playing in the next couple of weeks at the latest. We need the Bear!

I'm guessing a moderate sprain of a knee ligament...6-8 weeks rehab for Mr Hough.
That would be a hope. An MCL2 could keep you out 6-8. Crutches/brace initially, but good to go in a relatively short time, when it comes to knees. Hoping its "minor" in nature.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom