Josh Hough | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Josh Hough

since the RB subs himself out he doesnt think he is over used.. And its not how often he runs its how often he gets hit. some runs dont add up to much.. he also got punished several times on plays Shrader kept the ball so 20+ carries is really getting hit 30+ times and thats alot . The same with the QB runs.. He gets hit pretty hard most of the time he runs but when he runs and slides or goes OB thats not a bad play that adds up.

I am surprised Adams doesnt get a least a series every half cause he looks pretty good when he has some space to run. No easy games mean we have less plays to spread around

Good point.

How healthy and ready is he?

Is able to potentially contribute this year?

If not ready and healthy, don’t push him and risk further injuries.

He's in street clothes, so I have to assume he isn't ready at all. Which makes this a redshirt year for him to learn the play book, rehab, get right physically, and get ready for next year. Time well spent.

since the RB subs himself out he doesnt think he is over used.. And its not how often he runs its how often he gets hit. some runs dont add up to much.. he also got punished several times on plays Shrader kept the ball so 20+ carries is really getting hit 30+ times and thats alot . The same with the QB runs.. He gets hit pretty hard most of the time he runs but when he runs and slides or goes OB thats not a bad play that adds up.

I am surprised Adams doesnt get a least a series every half cause he looks pretty good when he has some space to run. No easy games mean we have less plays to spread around
Tucker does get hit on some fakes for sure. But he also has a lot of runs where he doesn’t get hit at all. He also has a lot of drag tackles because he is so far down field that are not as bad. The key to telling how your RB is in terms of hits is to see how he reacts.

He's in street clothes, so I have to assume he isn't ready at all. Which makes this a redshirt year for him to learn the play book, rehab, get right physically, and get ready for next year. Time well spent.
Thx

Your info seems to answer the question

Chance of Hough playing this year: Same as the chance of U Mass being invited to the Big 10

Figured I would start another classic Cous troll job...
I'm not going to say anything in this thread because it would be a disservice to Hough if the thread got closed.

Chance of Hough playing this year: Same as the chance of U Mass being invited to the Big 10

Figured I would start another classic Cous troll job...
...and long before the UMass proclamation he actually touted Terrell Hunt for the Heisman. Wrap your head around that one.

Negative, Ghostrider.

Only ONE redshirt year to a customer.

He can take the whole year as a redshirt, or he can play 4 games and take the year as a redshirt.

He can't claim 2021 as a redshirt, then play 4 games and claim 2022 as another redshirt.

5 year window to play up to 4 years. Clock is already running.
Medical?

...and long before the UMass proclamation he actually touted Terrell Hunt for the Heisman. Wrap your head around that one.
Guilty as charged. I do think the Syracuse athletic department is always late in their promotions though.

Medical?

Everyone gets only 1 redshirt year. Doesn't matter if it's for injury reasons or DNP reasons.

He might be able to file for a special waiver if he can prove he had to miss a year due to a documented injury suffered back in HS. I don't think it applies in this case.

Besides, if he's as good as we all hope, he won't be staying in college for six years anyways.

Everyone only 1 redshirt year. Doesn't matter if it's for injury reasons or DNP reasons.

He might be able to file for a special waiver if he can prove he had to miss a year due to a documented injury suffered back in HS. I don't think it applies in this case.
There have been a few instances of NCAA giving a 6th year in extraordinary circumstances but that’s not the norm and should not be counted on. Josh will not a RS next year

Play action
throw to the TE

for starters. Roll Shrader out and let him hit some intermediate routes
I agree. Would like to see them add some play action pass plays. We should be able to find some big throwing windows after the run threat of Tucker. The one we hit Queeley on vs Wake was nice. It should be 3 or 4 of those per game.

Last edited:
I think the logic is he still has a regular redshirt to use, so that takes precedence.

Your article is from 2015.

That rule went away in 2018 when the NCAA allowed everyone to play 4 games anytime during the season and still redshirt.

I've been high on Hough since he committed. None of us know how serious his injury is/was. I truly believe the tandem of he and Tucker will be the best backfield we've had in decades.

What I miss is the almost daily posts by his dad on the recruiting side. I wish he would post here again, but don't blame his absence given what some here might have to say. That was the reason Tommy's dad quit posting.

Your article is from 2015.

That rule went away in 2018 when the NCAA allowed everyone to play 4 games anytime during the season and still redshirt.
There are more recent articles that are murky on the subject, maybe they are not correct or complete. I really had in my mind a waiver that has to be applied for rather than an automatic redshirt.

Here is a report of a medical redshirt being granted for a 2019 injury:
Alabama received some good news on defense for 2020: Joshua McMillon has been granted a medical redshirt and NCAA eligibility for a sixth season.

McMillon, who was lost for the 2019 season during fall camp

In 2018 there was an NCAA medical redshirt rule change. According to the Senior Associate Athletic Director for Compliance, Scott Young, “the NCAA has two requirements for a medical redshirt; the injury must have occurred in the first half of the season, and the athlete must have competed in less than 30 percent of the season. You must provide documentation of the injury, and it must be considered season-ending.”

In some cases, medical redshirt waivers would be unnecessary now. Medical redshirts are approved for players who meet strict criteria: They must have suffered the season-ending injury during the first half of the season, and they could not have played in more than three games before sustaining the injury.

I've been high on Hough since he committed. None of us know how serious his injury is/was. I truly believe the tandem of he and Tucker will be the best backfield we've had in decades.

What I miss is the almost daily posts by his dad on the recruiting side. I wish he would post here again, but don't blame his absence given what some here might have to say. That was the reason Tommy's dad quit posting.

That absolutely wasn’t the reason Tommy’s dad quit posting

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
colpars13

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom