Josh Hough | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Josh Hough

The best thing we can do is take carries away from the NCAA LEADING RUSHER. That sounds good
Guys get injured, this is semi-pro ball and the defenses are full of very physical players.

Yes, which is why I'm bewildered that Howard wasn't given any run and left, unless he has another plan. Just speculating.

So, I'm with you there [somewhat]. My opinion only, but I thought Howard was a guy who could have been a starting back here, if circumstances had unfolded differently. He was very good. Didn't have true breakaway speed, but was a stud otherwise.

But, he decided to opt out last year, which opened the door for Tucker. I don't blame him nor begrudge him for making that personal choice due to COVID-19. If he hadn't, perhaps he would have been the starter last year -- but instead, a better back emerged. Tucker is the total package.

Now, I don't know why Howard / Adams didn't and aren't getting run this year. Was it a residual "punishment" from the coaches [no real evidence of that]? So while I was disappointed to see Howard transfer, I understand. Kid wants to start, he's good enough to do so.

But he's no Tucker. And he knew he'd be relegated to a backup role for the rest of his career, had he stayed. Leaving when he did gives him the opportunity to seek a starting opportunity for two years. Best of luck to him.

Guys get injured, this is semi-pro ball and the defenses are full of very physical players.
Guys get injured on freak plays too. Just because a guy gets hurt doesn’t mean he was overused. See Jameis Winston yesterday. Tucker is avg 25 touches per game which seems just about right. This isn’t Earl Campbell usage

So, I'm with you there [somewhat]. My opinion only, but I thought Howard was a guy who could have been a starting back here, if circumstances had unfolded differently. He was very good. Didn't have true breakaway speed, but was a stud otherwise.

But, he decided to opt out last year, which opened the door for Tucker. I don't blame him nor begrudge him for making that personal choice due to COVID-19. If he hadn't, perhaps he would have been the starter last year -- but instead, a better back emerged. Tucker is the total package.

Now, I don't know why Howard / Adams didn't and aren't getting run this year. Was it a residual "punishment" from the coaches [no real evidence of that]? So while I was disappointed to see Howard transfer, I understand. Kid wants to start, he's good enough to do so.

But he's no Tucker. And he knew he'd be relegated to a backup role for the rest of his career, had he stayed. Leaving when he did gives him the opportunity to seek a starting opportunity for two years. Best of luck to him.
I think Howard’s reaction to Shredder making the right play and taking a TD from Howard tells me most of what I need to know here. Maybe it’s just me, but none of the guys that left struck me as team first guys. This unit now seems far more cohesive

They can use this year as a medical redshirt, then he can play four games next year, and then start the year after

I think Howard’s reaction to Shredder making the right play and taking a TD from Howard tells me most of what I need to know here. Maybe it’s just me, but none of the guys that left struck me as team first guys. This unit now seems far more cohesive
Ditto for the wide receiver corp.

Thought Howard would of been a great 1-2 punch with Tucker...

Guys get injured on freak plays too. Just because a guy gets hurt doesn’t mean he was overused. See Jameis Winston yesterday. Tucker is avg 25 touches per game which seems just about right. This isn’t Earl Campbell usage
These last 3 games are going to be very physical as all 3 teams are very strong and are playing for higher post season positions. I'm hoping the coaching staff has some new wrinkles coming out of the bye that can take some of the load of Tuck and Shrade as they are almost all the offense right now. That's all.

They can use this year as a medical redshirt, then he can play four games next year, and then start the year after

Negative, Ghostrider.

Only ONE redshirt year to a customer.

He can take the whole year as a redshirt, or he can play 4 games and take the year as a redshirt.

He can't claim 2021 as a redshirt, then play 4 games and claim 2022 as another redshirt.

5 year window to play up to 4 years. Clock is already running.

These last 3 games are going to be very physical as all 3 teams are very strong and are playing for higher post season positions. I'm hoping the coaching staff has some new wrinkles coming out of the bye that can take some of the load of Tuck and Shrade as they are almost all the offense right now. That's all.
Agree

Negative, Ghostrider.

Only ONE redshirt year to a customer.

He can take the whole year as a redshirt, or he can play 4 games and take the year as a redshirt.

He can't claim 2021 as a redshirt, then play 4 games and claim 2022 as another redshirt.

5 year window to play up to 4 years.
Yep. COVID screwed everyone up on this but we are back to 5/4

Have to ride your horse. He gives us the best chance to win games. I dont think he's getting over used. I am a little surprised Adams doesn't get some plays here and there. Hough needs to get healthy and re shape his body for next year. Looking forward to seeing what he does.

What new wrinkles do we want? Cuz I think Tucker and Shredder are going to be heavily used in the final 4 games any way you look at it.

Have to ride your horse. He gives us the best chance to win games. I dont think he's getting over used. I am a little surprised Adams doesn't get some plays here and there. Hough needs to get healthy and re shape his body for next year. Looking forward to seeing what he does.
I have to think Adams is still dinged up or fumbling in practice.

Play action
throw to the TE

for starters. Roll Shrader out and let him hit some intermediate routes
We run play action in RPO all the time.

the TE is dead. Gone. Fuggedheboutit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online