Judah Mintz to test NBA Draft waters | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Judah Mintz to test NBA Draft waters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Objectively, I don't think a lot of people would have projected such a long career for Jason Hart. You never know.
I think Jason was kinda like Kevin Ollie. Good guy to have in the team. Smart player. Can give solid minutes off the bench and won’t hurt you. Guys like that have made tens of millions in the NBA.

Am I reading too much into the NIL post, or is he coming back? Seems like the staff has been working on getting him more NIL. Some people on here said the staff is preparing as if he's returning. Maybe the plan all along was for him just to get the feedback and then come back anyway.

What is the delta btw NIL top level payout, another year of free living at SU (tax free) vs second round borderline guaranteed money? I think ultimately that's the decision tree.

I'd stay at Syracuse personally. The real world is really crummy right now and if it's not going to come with a guaranteed first round million dollar contract why do it

What is the delta btw NIL top level payout, another year of free living at SU (tax free) vs second round borderline guaranteed money? I think ultimately that's the decision tree.

I'd stay at Syracuse personally. The real world is really crummy right now and if it's not going to come with a guaranteed first round million dollar contract why do it
Not really directed specifically towards you, but I've seen a lot of posts about the importance of being selected in the 1st round because the contracts are guaranteed...it's kinda true but it's gotten to the point now where some prospects prefer being a 2nd rounder over a late 1st. For example, Peyton Watson was the final pick of the 1st round this past year and Andrew Nembhard was the 1st pick of the 2nd round. Watson got 4 years/$11 million (with 2 years guaranteed for $4.5 million). Nembhard got 4 years/$8.5 million (with 3 years guaranteed for $6.4 million). So Nembhard actually got more guaranteed dollars by falling out of the 1st round.

It seems that in recent years, roughly 10-15 2nd rounders have gotten the first 2 or 3 years of their contracts guaranteed (ranging anywhere from $2.5-6.5 million) versus the non-lottery 1st round picks (15-30 in the 1st round) getting $4.5-7.5 million guaranteed.

Long story short, the guaranteed gap financially isn't really all that much anymore and some players prefer being a 2nd rounder because they can negotiate the contract instead of just being locked in for 4 years.

Still more likely to come back than not from what I understand.

Evaluations will need to convince Judah that he should leave.

We’re in as good a spot as you could hope for in this situation. If he leaves its because he blew individual nba evaluators and teams away and secured a first round spot. An enticing NIL offer to pull him back isnt the worry here

Still more likely to come back than not from what I understand.

Evaluations will need to convince Judah that he should leave.

We’re in as good a spot as you could hope for in this situation. If he leaves its because he blew individual nba evaluators and teams away and secured a first round spot. An enticing NIL offer to pull him back isnt the worry here

You know.. for a UB guy you are pretty ok. Just saying. Won't change my mind on the school but I'd buy a round for some UB grads in your honor.

Appreciate you sharing.

Yeah - I didn't gather it was "that old"

IT'S NOT
Old Man Dancing GIF by DEEPSYSTEM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics