Judah Mintz to test NBA Draft waters | Page 46 | Syracusefan.com

Judah Mintz to test NBA Draft waters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Make things up about Spike Albrecht being an NBA draft pick after averaging 2 ppg, and you’re good to go though!

Makes sense.
Was his stock ever higher than after that run? No. That’s exactly my point.

Find me one and I’ll donate $100 bucks to any charity you want in your name.
Just give me the 100, and I’ll buy the drugs you are claiming I’m on? Lol

This is a blog, and I can assert opinions. You can call my posts obsurd, doesn’t matter. Guys should go pro when they have the chance, even when “fans” selfishly want them to stay.
Guys go pro when they have no chance (at NBA) . If you aren’t a high draft choice, you aren’t going to knock a veteran with a guaranteed contract off a roster. It’s not always a talent issue.

My stock was never higher than after I went for 14, 10, 9 and 8 against Herkimer in 2015
Should’ve declared right then and there. You blew it. GS Warriors run would’ve been cut short really early if you and Spike ended up on the same team.

I’m definitely not wrong about Spike. He stock was never higher.
he had absolutely zero chance at an NBA career. Dropping out of college would not have been smart for him.

If a guy is a pro he should leave. Brissett is another example. Had a great freshman year. I think he was a second rounder had he gone. Stayed, and it didn’t help. Judah should learn from these examples.

If a guy is a pro he should leave. Brissett is another example. Had a great freshman year. I think he was a second rounder had he gone. Stayed, and it didn’t help. Judah should learn from these examples.
Brissett has been in the league for four seasons. The only concern is that his numbers have dipped YoY for two seasons in a row.

You are making up that I’m making things up. I’d like examples.
Spike Albrecht was NEVER going to be an NBA Draft pick, his tourney performance was not “GMac like”.

he had absolutely zero chance at an NBA career. Dropping out of college would not have been smart for himThat’s not true his stock was never hire
he had absolutely zero chance at an NBA career. Dropping out of college would not have been smart for him.
“Zero” chance is clearly making things up. Mr. Albrecht could have been the next Lebron James had he not torn his labrum. No question :) he actually did tear his labrum. Syracuse actually wanted this guy at one point. He told Cuse No, and went elsewhere.

Spike Albrecht was NEVER going to be an NBA Draft pick, his tourney performance was not “GMac like”.
17 points in the first half of a title game is clearly gmac Caliber. Orange DW, just because a guy isn’t Gmac doesn’t mean he can’t play like him for a half. Lol

17 points in the first half of a title game is clearly gmac Caliber. Orange DW, just because a guy isn’t Gmac doesn’t mean he can’t play like him for a half. Lol
GMac did more than that.

That’s because they weren’t good enough to stick in the NBA. Not because they left college early. And that’s ok because the NBA is an exceptionally difficult league to stay in. They also have armies of scouts who know more about what is needed to excel as an NBA player.
i think there are a lot more variables involved than: good enough-not good enough...

I think most people see it as simplistically as you do...i disagree. I think timing, luck, fit, etc matters...getting your foot in the door...with the right team, right scheme can make all of the difference...

imo when a player decides is important - if it wasnt they wouldnt have all of this rah-rah with the combine and declaring and pulling back out. etc...doing something big before you are ready increases chances of failure.

as JB once said - premature anything isnt good. or something like that.

but yeah - there are some players that are so talented that they are too good to fail - the lebrons and carmelos etc...and there are the players that no matter what they decide it wount matter - the spikes, etc...

BUT there are also the players in the limbo zone...where luck comes in and decision making matters. if you're on the lower end of the talent spectrum...of course you jump the second you have a chance...if youre comofrtably an NBA talent it might be different...

Last edited:
MOST of these guys are NEVER going to see a NBA roster. That’s a fact. Stay in school and get a degree. It will take you a lot farther in life. The connections you make at college can take you a long ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom