Just checking... | Syracusefan.com

Just checking...

bpo57

Living Legend
anybody still with the point of view that the BET is of minimal consequence to SU? Not me. Let's go for the trifecta.

anybody still with the point of view that the BET is of minimal consequence to SU? Not me. Let's go for the trifecta.

I love the BET, and I'm hardcore about winning it.

I'd like to win it but the most important thing is staying healthy. I think winning it would help our confidence. The players know we are undefeated with Fab in the lineup but that we've been in some close games (enough close games to not get overconfident). So I think winning the BET would only reinforce in their minds that we are the best team in the nation. Winning is always better but if we lose we'll still be a #1 seed, but it would be a nice additional feather in our cap.

in 2010 i could have cared less. this year we're playing for history. 39-1. all in baby

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk

A good showing in the Big East Tourney is critical, IMO, to a serious showing in the NCAA's. While the NC does not go through winning the BE title, I doubt we see the Final Four if we fall to UCONN. Beating Calhoun is a critical first step.
Hell yeah, the Big East Tournament is of consequence.

as long as you have to play it, you should try to win

but conferences tournaments are, always have been, and always will be stupid and meaningless. they only exist to separate the rubes from their money.

On this point, I am 100% with John Calipari:

“Well, you are playing three games in three days; it doesn’t prepare you for anything. We just played a whole league schedule and now for our league, especially, it has no bearing on seeding, it proved it last year. So why are we playing? To play three games in three days, no bearing on seeding, maybe one team can play in, they had all season to play in. But, like I said, we have to play it so let’s improve our seed and hold our seed. The only thing here that is different is that our fans take their vacation money, rent money, cigarette money and they go to these tournaments. They can’t get tickets to our building and this is their chance so you almost feel an obligation to play well. I don’t know if we win but you have an obligation, they just made a trek; this is their deal so it’s different here. But, my feelings of conference tournaments have not changed, from when I was at Massachusetts, Memphis and now here.”

Healthy and win it. Hopefully we accomplish both.

Of course I want to win it; we're playing in it. But if we lose tomorrow; I'll probably be disappointed for a little bit, but we're going to be a 1 seed on Sunday, that's whats really important. (It's kind of an awesome deal; if we win it'll be a great memory cherished forever, and if we lose, no biggie)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom