Kadary Richmond in the transfer portal | Page 79 | Syracusefan.com

Kadary Richmond in the transfer portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
You've not seen him get into the lane, and pull up on his defender? I think a majority of his 2's come this way, no?
He didn’t create off the dribble. Its not like he’s beating them with his killer crossover. He’s backing them down, usually a smaller defender and shooting over them, hes not beating them off the dribble. Although im glad he incorporated that into his game so he’s not so one dimensional.

He didn’t create off the dribble. Its not like he’s beating them with his killer crossover. He’s backing them down, usually a smaller defender and shooting over them, hes not beating them off the dribble. Although im glad he incorporated that into his game so he’s not so one dimensional.

He ends up fading so much that his shot angle is ridiculous when he gets in the lane.

He literally creates his own shot off the dribble. I didn't say he beat anyone with a crossover

He literally creates his own shot off the dribble. I didn't say he beat anyone with a crossover
We got different definitions. He’s scary with the ball especially when he goes behind the back. He needs to work on his handle. Im glad his shot is falling with that ft lineish J.

Houston and other teams had success assigning lock-down defenders to Buddy.
Buddy wasn't creating off the dribble in those scenarios, as I recall.
Would be great if SU could set Buddy up in iso to create, but he's not there yet.
Not Buddy bashing, just continuing debate on what = creating off the dribble.

The Buddy backdown is not beating somebody off the dribble.
It’s smart because he is using his size on smaller guards to back them down.
He isn’t driving by people that is beating people off the dribble.
No - go back and watch. He has a backdown, but that’s not what I’m talking about. He gets into the lane and shoots over his defender. He doesn’t leave them behind him which is what we traditionally think of (Flynn, Kadary, etc). And he’s typically looking to shoot and he is tall enough to get that off vs most P5 guards.

IMO - that’s “taking a guy off the dribble”

Houston and other teams had success assigning lock-down defenders to Buddy.
Buddy wasn't creating off the dribble in those scenarios, as I recall.
Would be great if SU could set Buddy up in iso to create, but he's not there yet.
Not Buddy bashing, just continuing debate on what = creating off the dribble.
Yeah, like almost all players a great defender can shut down what you like to do. On the whole it’s been a surprising part of his game

I don’t think it’s bashing - he’s not crossing up guys and euro stepping by the help. He’s not that

One thing that is not factored in by K and his connections is that if he transfers to a team that plays man to man, he will be chasing a very good athlete around on defense. The zone allows the luxury of conserving energy on D and slows the game down for the point guard to set up the offense.
I think the low motor thing is actually overstated with Kadary. He is super smooth in his movements, so he may look slow, but he has the ability to get by defenders quickly, or react on defense. He just looks slow.

That’s girard like ten times this season. Imagine Kadary doing anything similar to this he would of been pulled instantly but Girard stays in the game. And boeheim says nothing to him ive noticed when they show him going back to the bench after a timeout.
JB would be yelling at the forward. Always.

Yeah, like almost all players a great defender can shut down what you like to do. On the whole it’s been a surprising part of his game

I don’t think it’s bashing - he’s not crossing up guys and euro stepping by the help. He’s not that
Buddy does not drive the ball well.
I am sorry but you aren’t going to get this point.

He is a weapon offensively.
He can shoot.
He can back players down but unless he is on transition he does not drive the ball well and that isn’t an insult to his game.

Kadary could drive by his defender and get to the rim.
Buddy doesn’t do that.

Buddy does not drive the ball well.
I am sorry but you aren’t going to get this point.

He is a weapon offensively.
He can shoot.
He can back players down but unless he is on transition he does not drive the ball well and that isn’t an insult to his game.

Kadary could drive by his defender and get to the rim.
Buddy doesn’t do that.
“Drive by” is what Kadary does well
“Drive at, pull up” is what Buddy can do

I think the low motor thing is actually overstated with Kadary. He is super smooth in his movements, so he may look slow, but he has the ability to get by defenders quickly, or react on defense. He just looks slow.
I don't think he's slow, And he certainly has great skills. I think what I'm seeing is that thee zone system actually allows guards, if they're decent, to look really great. It showcases a point guard. I'm sure he will be a very good player whatever the scheme or team.

“Drive by” is what Kadary does well
“Drive at, pull up” is what Buddy can do
Having a Drive and step back isn’t being able to beat players off the dribble.

Buddy can get elbow jumpers against bad defenses but again his game doesn’t include being break opponents off the dribbble.

He is a Reggie Miller type. It’s okay.

Kadary was a prototype dribble drive PG.

Having a Drive and step back isn’t being able to beat players off the dribble.

Buddy can get elbow jumpers against bad defenses but again his game doesn’t include being break opponents off the dribbble.

He is a Reggie Miller type. It’s okay.

Kadary was a prototype dribble drive PG.
I still kind of disagree - but I’ll award you the points

I hear ya on your first two points, however on the third... the day I care about anything JB says in press conference you guys can just send me out to the pasture because I’ve lost my way.

Why ppl, who are not directly in the line of fire, are so offended by the truth being said out loud I will never know.
Just not a good look when the HC is acting like an a-hole. Bad publicity and it does nothing to endear himself to recruits with that nonsense. I wish it were just JB truth tellin' but calling some of his players out and picking on certain media members with a condescending attitude gets old. In some ways JB is a lot like his buddy down in Durham. When he wins he's a jovial fellow but when he loses he can be a .

Just not a good look when the HC is acting like an a-hole. Bad publicity and it does nothing to endear himself to recruits with that nonsense. I wish it were just JB truth tellin' but calling some of his players out and picking on certain media members with a condescending attitude gets old. In some ways JB is a lot like his buddy down in Durham. When he wins he's a jovial fellow but when he loses he can be a .
He isn’t saying anything in the pressers that he’s not saying to a players’ face.

And here’s how I look at the media portion of it:

*My boss wants to shiz on my work - fine.
*My boss’s boss wants to shiz on my work - fine.

These are ppl that have lived it. They know what’s on my plate everyday. They are paid to get the most out of me.

Now, if some outside party, that is not my client, wants to shiz on some aspect of mine or my company’s performance I’m going to find the “most polite” way to tell them f*** all the way off.

That’s who the media is to Jim Boeheim. They want to start ripping on anything and everything he does, without a shred of expertise on the subject, then they are fair ballgame for him to say what he wants to them.

Some ppl may say that’s being thin skinned. Ok that’s fine. But ppl who dish it need to be prepared to take it cuz not everyone is gonna pretend to give a hoot about what they say.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors