Class of 2014 - Kaleb Joseph..,, | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Kaleb Joseph..,,

I feel good about Joseph just based on our recent track record of getting commits from guards we zero in on early.

I am glad he is making his rounds. I wonder if this has anything to do with some of the rumors going around about problems with NCAA or he is just making his normal rounds of going to see the incoming class.
Making the rounds. Gotta continue to show the kids love. Just because McCullough is committed doesn't mean other programs like you know who won't still come sniffing around.

Coach is actually doing a clinic today at Roselle Catholic. Ding Ding Ding. Wonder if TR has any younger friends on that team who can play...

Didn't mean to turn this into a JB or TR thread, but it's somewhat relevant.

If I had to chose between Whitehead and Joseph, I would rather have Joseph. I agree that Whitehead seems to be a head case and is just waiting for room at the Kentucky Inn.
Whitehead is a terrific talent. I don't think he's a bad kid or anything like that but it seems pretty clear he wants to go play for Cal. JB visited his HS last fall but I wouldn't waste more time on him. Grab Joseph if we can get him.

Coach is actually doing a clinic today at Roselle Catholic. Ding Ding Ding. Wonder if TR has any younger friends on that team who can play...

You mean like Malachi Richardson? Yuppp.

Couple of guys to watch in Malachi Richardson (2014) and Asante Gist (2015).
It might be too late to go after Hakim Saintil, but he was considered at one point, and if they had to grab another ball handler, he is 2013.

I'm guessing the big man puts in the good word for his boys.

In regards to Whitehead - weren't there concerns about Doron Lamb as well that led the staff to back off? He sure did help UK a lot and if I recall he loved cuse did he not? Yet the feelings weren't mutual. Still with all that said if its a choice I say Joseph over Whitehead in a heartbeat. Considering we have a lot of young 2g's in the rotation but only one true PG.

In regards to Whitehead - weren't there concerns about Doron Lamb as well that led the staff to back off? He sure did help UK a lot and if I recall he loved cuse did he not? Yet the feelings weren't mutual. Still with all that said if its a choice I say Joseph over Whitehead in a heartbeat. Considering we have a lot of young 2g's in the rotation but only one true PG.
Lamb wanted to come here, so did Tony Wroten. We said thanks but no thanks. But unlike both of those guys we have kept in contact with Whitehead and have reciprocated the interest. Think he's going to UK though.

Feelings were definitely mutual for Lamb in the beginning of his recruitment. If Cal didn't go to UK, he would've ended up at Memphis as well. Put 2 n 2 together and you'll know the obvious of what went down.

Feelings were definitely mutual for Lamb in the beginning of his recruitment. If Cal didn't go to UK, he would've ended up at Memphis as well. Put 2 n 2 together and you'll know the obvious of what went down.

Got it - thanks Francis! - I couldn't remember exactly how that went down.

Anthony Davis' dad got paid off? Oh wait that was a different one.

Anthony Davis' dad got paid off? Oh wait that was a different one.
What kind of payment you think was received? Check, direct deposit, or straight cash homie(Randy Moss voice)?
piles-of-cash.jpg

I don't think it was so much that the staff didn't like Lamb nor did we back off, but he was a SG in the 2010 class, at that point we had Waiters coming in, who was better than Lamb. Plus we had Triche going into his second year and was going to be starting at the 2. Whitehead is a tremendous talent and any other year I would wish for us to land him, but with all the scrutiny about him I have read on here, along with our current crop of guards on the roster and coming in, I think Joseph would be the best fit for us for 2014.

I really hope we get this kid. There is so much Dion in his game. AND check out his dribbling at the end of the video. Hopefully won't have to worry about that if he comes here.

He looks more like Jonny Flynn than Dion to me. Still looks like a very very good fit.

im seeing a jonny - dion hybrid. He has that explosiveness that jonny had with the flair and craftyness dion had in addition to being a pick pocket

im seeing a jonny - dion hybrid. He has that explosiveness that jonny had with the flair and craftyness dion had in addition to being a pick pocket
Was going to say the same thing last night!
I see a little of both too. If he has 80% of Dion's abilities, 80% of Jonny's (and we land this guy), we're in for a treat a few years from now.

I'm seeing a very talented backcourt with Ennis and Joseph beating the press and feeding the bigs. Let's full court press Mr. Joseph using our recent FF, Melo's scoring crown, and Dion's ROY convo (hopeful but not likely).

Anyone know if be involves his teammates throughout an entire game?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom