Class of 2014 - Kaleb Joseph..,, | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Kaleb Joseph..,,

Top performers from NE Hoops Festival:
ESPN article from 4/15/13

HARTFORD, Conn. -- The sixth annual Northeast Hoops Festival brought together some of the top talent the region has to offer as teams were looking for a final tune-up before the coming evaluation period.

Syracuse commit Chris McCullough was the headliner but several other prospects stood out. Let's take a look at which players shined the most during the two-day event.

ESPN 60 Stock Watch

Kaleb Joseph (Nashua, N.H./Cushing Academy)
2014, PG, 6-3, 175
Offers: Syracuse, Pittsburgh, Providence, Boston College, and more. Joseph has a special ability to raise the level of his game when it matters the most. Down the stretch of a mid-morning Sunday contest, that’s exactly what he did in order to pull out a win for the Mass Rivals club. Ironically, what made his late-game heroics all the more impressive was the fact that for the first 27 minutes of action, he wasn’t at his best, nor in a particularly good offensive rhythm. Regardless though, Joseph went to work late, attacking the rim, finishing with tremendous body control and then knocking down a 14-foot pull-up jumper to beat the buzzer and send his club to the next round.

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/ncbrecruiting/national/post?id=6344

Eventually we have to get somebody to commit to their dream school. Both Whitehead and Joseph have said it. Lets see who we get.

Agree that being a kid's "Dream School" almost always ends with them going someplace else.

the more and more i watch of him the more i think Dion Waiters.

The only issue I see is the release of his shot. He doesn't have a high release, he shoots it more from his face. That 4 -6 inch delivery could potentially be an issue, and something he should work on. With that said I still want this kid even more then I used to want Whitehead.

Kind of like (I hate to say it ..) Kemba Walker. His release point was kind of low. Kaleb is an inch or two taller, though.

26950995.jpg

You guys nitpick way to much. His form looks better than either mcw's or triche's.

Bro, every time I come to this thread I see this at the top of the page and repeat those words with my best Lumbergh voice inside my head. Nice start to the day!
Wait, I thought we were done hijacking K Joes thread?

You guys nitpick way to much. His form looks better than either mcw's or triche's.

Triche actually has really good form on his jump shot. Really, he should have been a better player than he was. It was all in between his ears.

Triche actually has really good form on his jump shot. Really, he should have been a better player than he was. It was all in between his ears.

I disagree, he shot it from his chin/nose and almost as a sort of set/push shot. That's why it was always flat.

I disagree, he shot it from his chin/nose and almost as a sort of set/push shot. That's why it was always flat.

I actually disagree with aspects of both your respective posts. I agree with Matt that he had good form, but I believe that the root cause of his inconsistency was his balance / feet. Rautins used to come off of curls and square up, which made every shot a "good" shot regardless of how far out he was. Triche seemed off-balance a lot, and rarely had his feet under him when he shot from three.

I actually disagree with aspects of both your respective posts. I agree with Matt that he had good form, but I believe that the root cause of his inconsistency was his balance / feet. Rautins used to come off of curls and square up, which made every shot a "good" shot regardless of how far out he was. Triche seemed off-balance a lot, and rarely had his feet under him when he shot from three.

Exactly - footwork is just as critical as having good form if not more. The ability to set your feet quickly and consistantly is always a key for a good shooter. Watch some of the best like Ray Allen, Reggie Miller etc etc and you might see the upper body doesn't look the same every time - only the release and the feet. If they don't get their feet set correctly its often a miss.

I must've grumbled this at the TV 50 times a season. He was like the leaning tower or something. Oddly he seemed to be squared on every runner / floater in the lane, and those tended to go down.

I must've grumbled this at the TV 50 times a season. He was like the leaning tower or something. Oddly he seemed to be squared on every runner / floater in the lane, and those tended to go down.

Funny how that happens...

Agreed--he showed much better body control [in general] once he got into the lane. Which is what made him tougher to stop there, and why more of those shots dropped.

Brandon just isn't a natural shooter. There is no fluidity to his shot, he is very mechanical. It is like he is thinking his way through every shot. Shooters naturally square themselves and find balance and just shoot the ball. To me, it always looked like Brandon was thinking his way, step by step, through his shot.

It might be Kaleb hisself.
Who is the kid in the Syracuse shirt at the 44 second mark. And how about the fact that there is a kid in a Syracuse shirt at the 44 second mark??!

Who is the kid in the Syracuse shirt at the 44 second mark. And how about the fact that there is a kid in a Syracuse shirt at the 44 second mark??!

Well that's Noah Voleh with him, not that that helps...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom