Class of 2014 - Kaleb Joseph..,, | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Kaleb Joseph..,,

Anyone know if be involves his teammates throughout an entire game?
His HS team basically runs a Princeton like offense, where ball movement is a must and everybody pretty much gets touches. Very structured in running the team for his HS, but has more freedom to be a little more loose and look for his scoring during AAU ball. Being able to already run a structured offense with the ability to score will help this kid big time on the next level.

His HS team basically runs a Princeton like offense, where ball movement is a must and everybody pretty much gets touches. Very structured in running the team for his HS, but has more freedom to be a little more loose and look for his scoring during AAU ball. Being able to already run a structured offense with the ability to score will help this kid big time on the next level.

That's what I like to hear about players particularly flashy point guards. Thanks for the info

I really hope we get this kid. There is so much Dion in his game. AND check out his dribbling at the end of the video. Hopefully won't have to worry about that if he comes here.

Wow.

I'm speechless.

He'd be perfect for Syracuse.

Kinda reminds me of Jay Williams when he was at Duke. Williams maybe had more hops though.

Couple of excerpts that stand out from the article:

"Kaleb Joseph was a tall, skinny ninth grader when he sat across a desk from Barry Connors and asked his Cushing Academy basketball coach a searching question.

Do you think I’m good enough to go to Syracuse one day?,” Joseph wondered. "
Great success. Loved that part.

" “He’s really high on Syracuse,” Connors said. "
Boyeeeee!

"Connors said SU assistant coaches have compared Joseph to former guards Dion Waiters and Jonny Flynn. Joseph, Connors said, is comfortable in pick-and-roll situations and “is a really good scoring guard.” "
Ha, this is a good debate we have been discussing!

"He is officially “wide open,” Connors said, and likely will play the AAU summer circuit, visit a few campuses and decide on a destination in the fall."
Now we know when. Hopefully.

“Of all the college coaches I’ve talked to about this kid,” Connors said he told Hopkins, “you’re the only person I could tell that that’s his dream school.”
Coach, any other words except dream school, pretty please.

Couple of excerpts that stand out from the article:

"Kaleb Joseph was a tall, skinny ninth grader when he sat across a desk from Barry Connors and asked his Cushing Academy basketball coach a searching question.

Do you think I’m good enough to go to Syracuse one day?,” Joseph wondered. "
Great success. Loved that part.

" “He’s really high on Syracuse,” Connors said. "
Boyeeeee!

"Connors said SU assistant coaches have compared Joseph to former guards Dion Waiters and Jonny Flynn. Joseph, Connors said, is comfortable in pick-and-roll situations and “is a really good scoring guard.” "
Ha, this is a good debate we have been discussing!

"He is officially “wide open,” Connors said, and likely will play the AAU summer circuit, visit a few campuses and decide on a destination in the fall."
Now we know when. Hopefully.

“Of all the college coaches I’ve talked to about this kid,” Connors said he told Hopkins, “you’re the only person I could tell that that’s his dream school.”
Coach, any other words except dream school, pretty please.
Eventually we have to get somebody to commit to their dream school. Both Whitehead and Joseph have said it. Lets see who we get.

Eventually we have to get somebody to commit to their dream school. Both Whitehead and Joseph have said it. Lets see who we get.
Absolutely, besides, I think we have landed guys in the past that were Cuse fans through and through.
In fact, Ennis is one of them.

Here's another little nugget about Joseph (or Whitehead for that matter).
They both can score a ton and handle the ball.

If Ennis is still around, they can coexist in that we have had two ball handlers on the court often in the past few years, ie Triche/MCW, Triche/Scoop, even Triche/Dion.

I hope Kaleb and Whitehead know this, but I'm sure the staff has mentioned that this is our "architecture" of recent years.

Let's bag one of these guys Borat style.
"agreement not necessary" :)

Borat_l.jpg

Absolutely, besides, I think we have landed guys in the past that were Cuse fans through and through.
In fact, Ennis is one of them.

Here's another little nugget about Joseph (or Whitehead for that matter).
They both can score a ton and handle the ball.

If Ennis is still around, they can coexist in that we have had two ball handlers on the court often in the past few years, ie Triche/MCW, Triche/Scoop, even Triche/Dion.

I hope Kaleb and Whitehead know this, but I'm sure the staff has mentioned that this is our "architecture" of recent years.

Let's bag one of these guys Borat style.

Borat_l.jpg
I think I'd take Joseph, seems like a good and humble kid. Whitehead not so much, as far as the humble part.

I think I'd take Joseph, seems like a good and humble kid. Whitehead not so much, as far as the humble part.
Word. Have a listen. When you're right, you're right. Humble, interviews very well and this is a year ago.
What they do have in common is that they are both ultra-competitive and winners. Now, if only Whitehead got that blue stick out of his......
ah, we know the drill by now.

Wow, this kid looks impressive. I love the flair in his game, and his ball handling looks great. The clips in this thread remind me of that one of Devo schooling his defender when he was at Oak Hill. Anyway, I think the thing that impressed me the most is how well-spoken and down-to-earth he is in that interview clip. Would love to see Kaleb wearing #14 for the Orange!

Wow, this kid looks impressive. I love the flair in his game, and his ball handling looks great. The clips in this thread remind me of that one of Devo schooling his defender when he was at Oak Hill. Anyway, I think the thing that impressed me the most is how well-spoken and down-to-earth he is in that interview clip. Would love to see Kaleb wearing #14 for the Orange!
Speaking of flair....
Speaking of Devo...
:)
I posted this somewhere else, but who knows by now where, lol
Check out 0:22, I really like this part. He's almost like a WWF wrestler, how he bumps into the guy then makes it looked like he was bumped!
Nothing wrong with being fierce.
I just wish one time he could have gone at Craft.

Speaking of flair....
Speaking of Devo...
:)
I posted this somewhere else, but who knows by now where, lol
Check out 0:22, I really like this part. He's almost like a WWF wrestler, how he bumps into the guy then makes it looked like he was bumped!
Nothing wrong with being fierce.
I just wish one time he could have gone at Craft.
[/media]
Flair you say?

Switching gears, another good Kaleb clip. There are a ton of good clips of him out there, and I even posted on another thread. I guess I shouldn't hijack the other thread (whichever it was) with Kaleb, then come here and hijack #14 with Lumbergh hah?

Nevertheless, it's Kaleb time!

Switching gears, another good Kaleb clip. There are a ton of good clips of him out there, and I even posted on another thread. I guess I shouldn't hijack the other thread (whichever it was) with Kaleb, then come here and hijack #14 with Lumbergh hah?

Nevertheless, it's Kaleb time!

the more and more i watch of him the more i think Dion Waiters.

The only issue I see is the release of his shot. He doesn't have a high release, he shoots it more from his face. That 4 -6 inch delivery could potentially be an issue, and something he should work on. With that said I still want this kid even more then I used to want Whitehead.

the more and more i watch of him the more i think Dion Waiters.

The only issue I see is the release of his shot. He doesn't have a high release, he shoots it more from his face. That 4 -6 inch delivery could potentially be an issue, and something he should work on. With that said I still want this kid even more then I used to want Whitehead.
I'm hoping to see some more recent clips soon to see improvements in his release, but to me, he probably relies most on his strengths at the high school level, ie, dribble penetration, passing and great all around athleticism at the point. The shot will come a long way, but there is no denying his scoring ability and passing.

People in the know (wink wink Francis), would SU take both Joseph and Whitehead or is it first to declare?

People in the know (wink wink Francis), would SU take both Joseph and Whitehead or is it first to declare?
First to declare. I think Whitehead could stretch his recruitment till next spring. If that's the case and one of our current guards leaves then anything is possible, but I wouldn't hold my breath. Would be really nice tho if we could land both.

Francis, do you think they have comparable impacts? Do you think SU is happy with either or is Whitehead still the preferred recruit? By all accounts Whitehead is a stud. Joseph doesn't seem to have the size but has amazing quicks and elevation. Maybe more of a PG and Whitehead more of a 2 guard.

First time I bothered to watch one of his videos. Believe it or not he reminds me of a more athletic not as strong version of the Pearl, particularly on the release of his shot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom