Newark, Del.

(3) BIG EAST/Denver vs. IVY/Yale
(6) Duke vs. CAA/Towson

Newark, Del.

(7) Johns Hopkins vs. AMERICA EAST/Albany
(2) BIG TEN/Maryland vs. SOUTHERN/Richmond

Last three in: Penn State, Hofstra, Rutgers
First three out: North Carolina, Villanova, Princeton
Multi-bid conferences: Big Ten (5), ACC (3), CAA (2)

I like that draw. I think SU could handle PSU or Hofstra in the 2nd round, if they win in the 1st round.

As much as I would love to see Cuse with a #1 seed I think it's going to be tough for them to roll through the ACC tourney without a loss. The way the analysts, especially Quint, have been bashing the Orange all season I think a loss would probably drop them to 3 or 4.

That would be a freeking dream draw. Not saying we would reach the final four, god knows its been a few years but man you couldn't ask for better then having Hopkins, Albany and Maryland on the other side of the bracket.

As much as I would love to see Cuse with a #1 seed I think it's going to be tough for them to roll through the ACC tourney without a loss. The way the analysts, especially Quint, have been bashing the Orange all season I think a loss would probably drop them to 3 or 4.

Thankfully quint and ty xanders have zero say in seeding.

Any bashing of CUSE at 10-1 against their schedule is either a hater, clueless or both.

1 goal wins doesn't mean you're lucky it means your getting it done, know how to win and resilient.

That would be a freeking dream draw. Not saying we would reach the final four, god knows its been a few years but man you couldn't ask for better then having Hopkins, Albany and Maryland on the other side of the bracket.
This would be a dream draw. My biggest fear is that Cuse gets Army or Albany in the First Round if they don't win the ACCT. I know there are travel considerations that come into play.

This would be a dream draw. My biggest fear is that Cuse gets Army or Albany in the First Round if they don't win the ACCT. I know there are travel considerations that come into play.

SU will be a 1 or 2 seed in the tourney (barring an epic collapse) which is to high to draw Albany in the first round and probably Army as well as the Patriot League is probably only getting 1 bid so Army would have to win the conf tourney. If they did that there resume would be more suited for the 5 seed game as they are currently projected. Plus I think SU would beat Army comfortably if they played again with a healthy Williams. The bigger concern is Albany being in the 8/9 game. A quarterfinal matchup against Albany would be one of the worst matchups SU could draw.

Now if you want to talk about potential dangerous matchups if SU lost in the 1st round of the ACC tourney and Maryland won the B10 I could see a scenario where Maryland is the #1 seed and SU the 2 seed. That likely puts the SOCO conference winner (Richmond) at the Dome on Sunday night. That is a very dangerous game ala Bryant a few years ago.

One thing to keep in mind is that due to the reduction of one team based on the ACC lack of AQ the #2 seed doesn't get a play in game winner and the opponent could depend on whether Maryland or SU is the #2 seed. Take for example this year, if Maryland is the #1 seed they should draw the winner between the NEC and MAAC as outlined in the bracketology. However, that means if SU was the #2 seed they would get the SOCO champ which is Richmond and the NCAA's whole nonsense about travel concerns would be right out the window. The only way around this would be if the NCAA really wants to avoid travel concerns is they would have to throw the SOCO Champ Richmond in the play in game which forces them to likely move the NEC champ out which could be Hobart or Bryant or Robert Morris. Will be fascinating to see who SU's opponent is if were the #2 seed.

SU will be a 1 or 2 seed in the tourney (barring an epic collapse) which is to high to draw Albany in the first round and probably Army as well as the Patriot League is probably only getting 1 bid so Army would have to win the conf tourney. If they did that there resume would be more suited for the 5 seed game as they are currently projected. Plus I think SU would beat Army comfortably if they played again with a healthy Williams. The bigger concern is Albany being in the 8/9 game. A quarterfinal matchup against Albany would be one of the worst matchups SU could draw.
By epic collapse, I assume you mean a loss to Bingo or Colgate both plus an ACCT loss. If Notre Dame beats UNC this weekend, Duke in the ACC Semis, and then Cuse in the ACCT Final, they would jump over Cuse in the polls. ND being #1 in the RPI would definitely help, as well. That would put #1 MD, #2 ND, and #3 Cuse.

Let's not forget Denver either. Should Cuse lose in the ACCT and Denver wins out, both teams would have two losses. I could see the committee giving preference to the conference champion vs. a team that may not have played for their conference tournament title.

History shows that 'Cuse will not get special treatment. The lack of strong OOC opponents to finish the season won't help in the "What have you done lately?" conversation. I think you're a bit too confident that one loss keeps 'Cuse in the top 2. After last year, I'm trying to be more objective.

By epic collapse, I assume you mean a loss to Bingo or Colgate both plus an ACCT loss. If Notre Dame beats UNC this weekend, Duke in the ACC Semis, and then Cuse in the ACCT Final, they would jump over Cuse in the polls. ND being #1 in the RPI would definitely help, as well. That would put #1 MD, #2 ND, and #3 Cuse.

Let's not forget Denver either. Should Cuse lose in the ACCT and Denver wins out, both teams would have two losses. I could see the committee giving preference to the conference champion vs. a team that may not have played for their conference tournament title.

History shows that 'Cuse will not get special treatment. The lack of strong OOC opponents to finish the season won't help in the "What have you done lately?" conversation. I think you're a bit too confident that one loss keeps 'Cuse in the top 2. After last year, I'm trying to be more objective.

Syracuse hasn't caught a lot breaks when it comes to seeding the last few years you are correct. I know we expected them to be the #1 seed a few years ago (2015 season) and they didn't get it and then we expected them to be a 4 or 5 last year and got a freeking 8.

That being said SU has wins over Duke, Albany, ND, Hopkins and UNC the last three being on the road. Those are enormous wins, they also at least to date haven't lost a game against an inferior opponent ala Hobart or Cornell (this years team). If SU beat Bingo and Colgate but lost in the ACC tourney I would be shocked if they were not a top 2 seed as they would have only 2 losses on the season with a top 3 RPI a top 10 SOS. Last year SU got the shaft for sure but also got punished for a bad loss to Cornell and blowing late leads vs Duke and Hopkins and getting destroyed by ND. That being said they should have been a 6 seed at probably worst. This year the Div 1 field is much more wide open then it was last year as Loyola and Yale need the AQ just to get in. As for Denver the BE is a pretty bad conference so even if they win out (they should) there not going to get much of a bump as Prov and Villanova are fringe top 20-25 teams at best.

Syracuse hasn't caught a lot breaks when it comes to seeding the last few years you are correct. I know we expected them to be the #1 seed a few years ago (2015 season) and they didn't get it and then we expected them to be a 4 or 5 last year and got a freeking 8.

That being said SU has wins over Duke, Albany, ND, Hopkins and UNC the last three being on the road. Those are enormous wins, they also at least to date haven't lost a game against an inferior opponent ala Hobart or Cornell (this years team). If SU beat Bingo and Colgate but lost in the ACC tourney I would be shocked if they were not a top 2 seed as they would have only 2 losses on the season with a top 3 RPI a top 10 SOS. Last year SU got the shaft for sure but also got punished for a bad loss to Cornell and blowing late leads vs Duke and Hopkins and getting destroyed by ND. That being said they should have been a 6 seed at probably worst. This year the Div 1 field is much more wide open then it was last year as Loyola and Yale need the AQ just to get in. As for Denver the BE is a pretty bad conference so even if they win out (they should) there not going to get much of a bump as Prov and Villanova are fringe top 20-25 teams at best.
Denver jumping 'Cuse is an absolute stretch. I was just trying to make a case for them. However, Notre Dame will jump Cuse in the polls if they win out and that includes a H2H win over the Orange in the ACCT (and likely if it doesn't include a H2H vs. Cuse). They will have the #1 RPI and the ACC Tourney title. There's no way Cuse stays ahead of them, even with only 2 losses. With that being said, Maryland is not lock to win out so a lot depends on them too. We shall see...

I'm still in for skipping the ACC tourney altogether this year.

Pretty please.

Just a waste of time for us this year.

The NCAA has no shame in how they seed the lax tourney. It's all about saving money on transportation.

We could be a 3-6 playing Albany; or a 1-8 playing Hofstra at their place, or even worse.

The further away you are from Homewood, the more likely you are to be screwed.

The NCAA has no shame in how they seed the lax tourney. It's all about saving money on transportation.

We could be a 3-6 playing Albany; or a 1-8 playing Hofstra at their place, or even worse.

The further away you are from Homewood, the more likely you are to be screwed.
Neither bracket guess does JHU any favors at #6 or #7. The one with them as #7 has them playing the Twerps in the 2nd round.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom