Leaving Rome now | Syracusefan.com

Leaving Rome now

It takes 4 days to get from Rome, NY to Syracuse? Are you walking? ;)

Thanks, now all I can think about is getting some chicken riggies.

Avicolli's

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Avicolli's

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
Rico's just started doing sausage riggies a couple months ago. Unbelievable. Rico said "why the hell didn't I think of this years ago!"

With Michael Angelos closed, is there any restaurant in Syracuse that does a good chicken riggies with vodka sauce?

Now I'm friggin hungry at 7:47am even though I had breakfast...damn you CNY for having awesome food.

BTW, our ex-Roman might be our Hoffman Courier...need to be nice to him.

Rico's just started doing sausage riggies a couple months ago. Unbelievable. Rico said "why the hell didn't I think of this years ago!"

hmmm. will have to try it out.

never been to Teddies.

Nobody does riggies better than Teddy's. Highly recommended, but unfortunately just coming to Rome is not highly recommended.

Supposed to be a new restaurant going in somewhere by Sweetheart Corners in N. Syracuse--Utica Pizza. Pizza of course, but also going to have Rome/Utica greens, riggies, all those other goodies, etc, etc. Forgot the projected opening date. In the meantime, check out Nestico's in N. Syr--great menu, excellent wait staff.

The Retreat makes good Utica Greens but I had them somewhere else in cny but didn't like them...Delmonicos I think.

Supposed to be a new restaurant going in somewhere by Sweetheart Corners in N. Syracuse--Utica Pizza. Pizza of course, but also going to have Rome/Utica greens, riggies, all those other goodies, etc, etc. Forgot the projected opening date. In the meantime, check out Nestico's in N. Syr--great menu, excellent wait staff.

Wonder if it is going in the old Big Boy/Fresno's?

The Retreat makes good Utica Greens but I had them somewhere else in cny but didn't like them...Delmonicos I think.

Gentiles makes the best Utica Greens in Syracuse, hands down. I agree with you about Delmonico's greens.

Having a mom who is a professional chef trumps what any restaurant in a 500 mile area can provide. Yes I ate a lot as a kid and was the envy of many of my friends who were eating mac and cheese for dinner while we were eating chicken saltimbocca.

Those are my favorite riggies from the whole cny area. Very nice Italian food as well.
Let's have a spring practice in Rome and a board dinner at Teddy's afterwards. DM and John Anselmo will attend, along with Bob Casullo, for an emotional reunion over steaming plates of rigatoni.

Let's have a spring practice in Rome and a board dinner at Teddy's afterwards. DM and John Anselmo will attend, along with Bob Casullo, for an emotional reunion over steaming plates of rigatoni.

If I recall correctly didn't Rome used to have some pretty good players in the day? What happened to that program, is it because of the base losing so many people?

If I recall correctly didn't Rome used to have some pretty good players in the day? What happened to that program, is it because of the base losing so many people?
They have one the great traditions for HS football in CNY. The RFA program has been around a long time and has strong fan support. iProduced a number of D1 players, including John Dominic for Syracuse and Tom Myslinski of Tennessee. Myslinski played in the NFL for 10 years and is incidentally the strength and conditioning coach for the Jacksonville Jaguars. Tony Washington, a 3 time Olympian in the discus, and an SU alum, might have been the best of the bunch had he concentrated on football.

Yes, I think the base closing dropped the population a lot and really hurt their program.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom