Lebron to the Cavs...and we're off.... | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Lebron to the Cavs...and we're off....

My feeling on LBJ has always been amazement... yes "The Decision" was very poorly executed, however it's really his only glaring "misstep" that I can bring to mind.

After being perhaps the most hyped athlete ever (and more than living up to it) he has not done anything bad. He's had people telling him he's the best for his whole life, but he still seems to be his own man and has not gotten into trouble, etc... We've seen a lot of less talented stars do a whole lot worse. He also plays the game the right way (except for the flopping) and seems to be a good teammate. I cheer for him, and hope that he can, in fact elevate Dion's game.
I hope for Dion's sake he gets to play with Lebron. It really could be career defining for him. Playing with Lebron changes players. I think Dion could very capably fill the role DWade did for Lebron. And though I'm not a fan of Irving I think he gets unwarranted criticism for being a shoot first PG. Having an option like Lebron will change that. Irving will be extremely difficult to guard off the ball and Lebron is one of the best at finding open teammates for a better shot.

Wiggins is LeBron's "Wade" in the making. I don't believe there is any way that Cleveland will trade him.

It's a great story. I'm an Akron native living in Cleveland. More-less the same area but he makes it CLEAR that he's an Akron guy always. This is big for the NE OH area.

My 'hate' (more like dislike) for Lebron has very little to do with his decision. It's mostly a combination of these factors; he was crowned as 'king' wayyyyy too early in his career, he stole some of the spotlight from Melo and Melo has been unfairly compared to him since, he's a whiner, he's a flopper, he's soft, and he is great moreso becasue he was born an absolute genetic monster than due to basketball skill (not saying he isn't skilled, but he isn't in the ballpark of Jordan's skill - who was also a genetic freak).
He's soft? And he's great because he's a "genetic monster?" There's a long list of genetic monsters who have never achieved what he has. He's an absolute workout freak. Irony of this is, Carmelo's rep in The Association is that he's soft, doesn't have a good work ethic.

Heat fanbase doing the 7 nations army chant these last two years has driven me crazy. They are HUGE FRAUDS. I don't typically hate fanbases, but you wouldn't see that phony crap from Boston, New York, Philly, Chicago hell even phony Laker fans are better.

Biggest frauds in professional sports, at least in this country. Only thing that compares are Chelsea fans for those who follow the Premier League.

It's a great story. I'm an Akron native living in Cleveland. More-less the same area but he makes it CLEAR that he's an Akron guy always. This is big for the NE OH area.
Funny thing is, when I heard the news that LBJ was leaving for Miami, I was at a concert in Buffalo ... some guys from Akron/Kent who I went to Kent State with, Devo.

I feel bad for Dwyane Wade and the Heat. NOT!!!! I hope they rot at the bottom of the Eastern Conference. This is Awesome.

Attention Melo haters: Dwayne Wade never won a title on his own either. Now it's back to mediocrity.

Funny thing is, when I heard the news that LBJ was leaving for Miami, I was at a concert in Buffalo ... some guys from Akron/Kent who I went to Kent State with, Devo.

Haha. Nice. Hopefully those dudes were cool. Some of those Akron/Kent/Ohio U/OSU boys are douchebags.

miami heat = army football

its all over.

pat riley is not walking through that door.

shaq is not walking through that door.

lebron is CERTAINLY not walking through that door.

Haha. Nice. Hopefully those dudes were cool. Some of those Akron/Kent/Ohio U/OSU boys are douchebags.
I had a nice chat after the show with Bob Casale, who died earlier this year, about Akron/Kent/Cleveland sports. I knew his brother, Jerry, when he was in a blues band, The Numbers Band (15-60-75), which is still together. Chrissie Hynde's brother, Terry, speaking of Akronites, has been in the band forever.
While I'm strolling down memory lane, I'd bet I'm the sole surviving reporter (I know the Plain Dealer's Chuck Heaton's dead) who covered the first Cavs game ever shortly after I graduated from Kent and went to work for the Beacon Journal in June 1970 ... a pre-season game between Cleveland and Buffalo at the old Cleveland Arena. Damn, I can't be that old, can I?

I view Lebron far more favorably. I still think he's kind of a space cadet, but this move is fantastic. I'm openly rooting for him to bring a championship to the Cavs.

He's soft? And he's great because he's a "genetic monster?" There's a long list of genetic monsters who have never achieved what he has. He's an absolute workout freak. Irony of this is, Carmelo's rep in The Association is that he's soft, doesn't have a good work ethic.
The Melo vs Lebron verdict has been in for a long time- & it's not even close. I do think Melo hasn't gotten a fair shake in that regard since they're 2 different players, playing 2 different positions.

Heres my question though, does Lebron even think twice about coming back if say wades knees weren't so deteriorated and Cleveland didn't look like the much better team on paper? Because on paper and in theory with this possible Love news added to the fact they have so many young lottery players and even more first round picks coming, Cleveland looks a million times better then what he would have had in Miami. Ill be honest, I dislike Lebron so maybe I'm just creating a stir but I don't believe him when he says he didn't realize this decision was more then basketball 4 years ago, and I believe the only reason he picked Cleveland was because it was the better opportunity of winning. I don't believe him when he says he is going to Cleveland for the people and the city.

My 'hate' (more like dislike) for Lebron has very little to do with his decision. It's mostly a combination of these factors; he was crowned as 'king' wayyyyy too early in his career, he stole some of the spotlight from Melo and Melo has been unfairly compared to him since, he's a whiner, he's a flopper, he's soft, and he is great moreso becasue he was born an absolute genetic monster than due to basketball skill (not saying he isn't skilled, but he isn't in the ballpark of Jordan's skill - who was also a genetic freak).

Of all those things you just listed, I think the only reasonable criticism is the flopping. That bothers me too, I HATE flopping. But the rest of the things are either not his fault at all (i.e. being crowned) or completely inaccurate (him being soft). Lebron is the opposite of soft, he takes an absolute beating game after game, and rarely loses his cool.

Well you saying Wiggins didn't show much in college - doesn't necessarily reflect your NBA career

Agreed, I'm not writing the guy off or anything. But he's a rookie, and he wasn't Anthony Davis or Kevin Durant in college. I'm not saying he sucks, but I am saying I wouldn't let him get in the way of me adding Kevin Love to my team.

Edit: And Lebron is incredibly skilled. Even just throwing out the physical gifts, he's improved his jump shot incredibly, his post game the same, and he's one of the best passers in the league. What skills is he missing?
I think he's probably the most well rounded player in the history of the game.

image.jpg
Don't ever second guess this guy!

I feel bad for Dwyane Wade and the Heat. NOT!!!! I hope they rot at the bottom of the Eastern Conference. This is Awesome.

I tweeted nearly the same exact thing earlier, but instead of Wade I had "Pat Riley" (scorned Knick fan here)

Heres my question though, does Lebron even think twice about coming back if say wades knees weren't so deteriorated and Cleveland didn't look like the much better team on paper? Because on paper and in theory with this possible Love news added to the fact they have so many young lottery players and even more first round picks coming, Cleveland looks a million times better then what he would have had in Miami. Ill be honest, I dislike Lebron so maybe I'm just creating a stir but I don't believe him when he says he didn't realize this decision was more then basketball 4 years ago, and I believe the only reason he picked Cleveland was because it was the better opportunity of winning. I don't believe him when he says he is going to Cleveland for the people and the city.
On that theory he would have gone to Chicago. He's doing the right thing by his hometown. Don't look for the cloud in the silver lining.

Of all those things you just listed, I think the only reasonable criticism is the flopping. That bothers me too, I HATE flopping. But the rest of the things are either not his fault at all (i.e. being crowned) or completely inaccurate (him being soft). Lebron is the opposite of soft, he takes an absolute beating game after game, and rarely loses his cool.

Whether or not these characteristics are within his control has little bearing on if I'm allowed to 'hate' him for them. And I disagree about him being soft, obviously.

Every NBA player takes a beating. The fact that he gets preferrential treatment down low (true of most star NBA players) because he whines about the beating is annoying. To not be considered soft in my book, you need to meet two requirements; 1) don't show pain and play through it, 2) keep your mouth shut and play ball. Lebron does neither well, in my opinion.

The play when he fell to the floor and rolled around like he had been shot, after Tyson Chandler set a legal screen, set his 'softness' status in stone for me. Would I act like I was dying if I ran into Tyson Chandler? Yeah, probably. But I'm 5'6" 160lbs, not an NBA athlete who should be able to withstand getting hit by a small bus without breaking a sweat. Players are clearly physical with Lebron but that's no different than any NBA legend with size and he is certainly just as physical with them on the other side of the ball.

That's not irony. I never said Melo wasn't also soft.

I wonder how all the cavs fans who burned their lebron jerseys feel

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom