Lebron to the Cavs...and we're off.... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Lebron to the Cavs...and we're off....

Love is an absolute monster - but you know his ceiling. Wiggins could be the next LeBron. Imagine you trade him and he becomes a Jordan/Bryant/James type player... Kevin Love is very very good, but he is not worth that risk of trading Wiggins -- Waiters and picks is my guess
his ceiling is an absolute monster!

Oh - as reported by ESPN - Waiters/Bennett/1st Rounder for Love. Wiggins. Is. Un.Touchable.

How badly does Dwayne Wade hate Lebron James now? Does he even get 42 million dollars? Wade had 2 yrs 42 million and opted out.

Oh - as reported by ESPN - Waiters/Bennett/1st Rounder for Love. Wiggins. Is. Un.Touchable.
If Wiggins isn't part of the deal good luck getting Love. Golden State will probably just include Klay Thompson now that Cleveland is a legit contender for Love.

Wiggins is the key to Lebron not having to carry everything. I think Lebron wants Wiggins there.

I'm looking for Lebron to pull a boss move and communicate (in a way that isn't tampering) that he's there, and he has his core, and if people want to join that team they are welcome to and can figure it out.

I think Irving and Love would be the key to that.
It's a lot to put on a kid who was good, but by no means a great player in college. You've got the best player in the planet, I think you need to do everything you can to maximize your chances of winning with him, now.

I saw a twitter rumor that the Cavs are going after Love with Bennett, Waiters, and a first from Miami. Obviously I'd rather do that then Wiggins, but if i ran the cavs I'm not letting Wiggins get in the way of going for Love. If he showed more in college, that's one thing.

If Wiggins isn't part of the deal good luck getting Love. Golden State will probably just include Klay Thompson now that Cleveland is a legit contender for Love.

It's tough. GS can offer more but do they want to? Would Love sign the extension there? Minny has to make a move because they lose him and get nothing in return after this season

It's tough. GS can offer more but do they want to? Would Love sign the extension there? Minny has to make a move because they lose him and get nothing in return after this season

The reason the Love to Golden State trade hasn't happened yet is because they DON'T want to include Thompson.

I think Irving and Love would be the key to that.
It's a lot to put on a kid who was good, but by no means a great player in college. You've got the best player in the planet, I think you need to do everything you can to maximize your chances of winning with him, now.

I saw a twitter rumor that the Cavs are going after Love with Bennett, Waiters, and a first from Miami. Obviously I'd rather do that then Wiggins, but if i ran the cavs I'm not letting Wiggins get in the way of going for Love. If he showed more in college, that's one thing.

To be fair Kyrie played 11 games @ Duke

The reason the Love to Golden State trade hasn't happened yet is because they DON'T want to include Thompson.
Golden State didn't have any reason to include Thompson for now as Love wasn't going to Boston or Chicago for pu-pu platters. Flip Saunders wants players for Love even though I would want young players/draft picks instead Saunders wants a couple of ponies for a horse because he is going to have actually coach the team. Now that Cleveland is in the picture Golden State will have to include Thompson/Lee for Love/Martin and yes I think Love would sign with Golden State.

Cleveland isn't a definite for Love.

My feeling on LBJ has always been amazement... yes "The Decision" was very poorly executed, however it's really his only glaring "misstep" that I can bring to mind.

After being perhaps the most hyped athlete ever (and more than living up to it) he has not done anything bad. He's had people telling him he's the best for his whole life, but he still seems to be his own man and has not gotten into trouble, etc... We've seen a lot of less talented stars do a whole lot worse. He also plays the game the right way (except for the flopping) and seems to be a good teammate. I cheer for him, and hope that he can, in fact elevate Dion's game.

How badly does Dwayne Wade hate Lebron James now? Does he even get 42 million dollars? Wade had 2 yrs 42 million and opted out.
Cant' see it. DWade isn't worth anywhere near that kind of money anymore.

That was the feeling mid-year. They seemed to have kissed and made up. Dion was one of the best 6th men in the league last year. He killed the opposition's second units. See more of the same this year. They just need one more piece at the 5.
And if anyone can keep Dion in line, it's LeBron.

Last edited:
But they already have the CURRENT LeBron, who has a window of probably 4-5 more years to win a title. They have to go all in at this point, don't they? That means risking an unknown to bring in one of the best power forwards in the league to play alongside LBJ.

The Cavs are crazy not to include Wiggins in a trade for Love if that's what it takes.

Last edited:
All now all their fake fans can stop pretending like they care and not show up at all to games rather than show up in the second quarter. Great tweet by MCW:

https://twitter.com/MCW1/status/487640018312126465
Heat fanbase doing the 7 nations army chant these last two years has driven me crazy. They are HUGE FRAUDS. I don't typically hate fanbases, but you wouldn't see that phony crap from Boston, New York, Philly, Chicago hell even phony Laker fans are better.

Cleveland needs 1 shooter like a Mike Miller and 1 more big guy and they are East favorites.
The Cavs supposedly were talking to Ray Allen ... he may be 39, but he's got more game than Jack Benny.

That was the feeling mid-year. They seemed to have kissed and made up. Dion was one of the best 6th men in the league last year. He killed the opposition's second units. See more of the same this year. They just need one more piece at the 5.
And you think they wouldn't use Dion as part of the package to get a good 5?

Cleveland needs 1 shooter like a Mike Miller and 1 more big guy and they are East favorites.
That could be Joe Harris drafted this year from UVA. Fine outside shooter and competitor.

Heat fanbase doing the 7 nations army chant these last two years has driven me crazy. They are HUGE FRAUDS. I don't typically hate fanbases, but you wouldn't see that phony crap from Boston, New York, Philly, Chicago hell even phony Laker fans are better.

HAHAHAA...what heat fans? They'll all be Cav fans now. In all honesty i'm loving this. Especially the fact that D wade and Riley got screwed over. Couldn't happen to any better people!! It'll be great to watch D Wade complain to the Ref's next year when they are down by 15 in the third to Milwaukee.

My 'hate' (more like dislike) for Lebron has very little to do with his decision. It's mostly a combination of these factors; he was crowned as 'king' wayyyyy too early in his career, he stole some of the spotlight from Melo and Melo has been unfairly compared to him since, he's a whiner, he's a flopper, he's soft, and he is great moreso becasue he was born an absolute genetic monster than due to basketball skill (not saying he isn't skilled, but he isn't in the ballpark of Jordan's skill - who was also a genetic freak).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom