Lebron to the Cavs...and we're off.... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Lebron to the Cavs...and we're off....

What a great way to do it too. As excited as I am to watch a team of LBJ, Wiggins (maybe), Kyrie, and Dion (god I hope). The way he did was way beyond my expectations and could not have possibly be done better.

Don't think Dion will be playing in Cleveland this year. Too many stories about not getting along with Kyrie.
That was the feeling mid-year. They seemed to have kissed and made up. Dion was one of the best 6th men in the league last year. He killed the opposition's second units. See more of the same this year. They just need one more piece at the 5.

That was the feeling mid-year. They seemed to have kissed and made up. Dion was one of the best 6th men in the league last year. He killed the opposition's second units. See more of the same this year. They just need one more piece at the 5.
Yeah I don't think that roster is far away at all, and a legit shot blocker gets them there.

Look at the east. Who scares you?

I feel bad for Dwyane Wade and the Heat. NOT!!!! I hope they rot at the bottom of the Eastern Conference. This is Awesome.

I wonder if Bron planned this all along? Back in 2010 it was clear that Cleveland was lacking some pieces to win the Championship. So he decides to go to Miami for a few years where he could win championships immediately while in the meantime, Cleveland is starting over from scratch, rebuilding drafting #1 picks (Irving, Wiggins, Bennett). I'd say the Cavs are in better shape because Bron went to Miami for a few years than they would if he stayed.

First Johnny now LaBron = Cleveland Rocks. Hope it works out for those fans.

But they already have the CURRENT LeBron, who has a window of probably 4-5 more years to win a title. They have to go all in at this point, don't they? That means risking an unknown to bring in one of the best power forwards in the league to play alongside LBJ.

I don't know if they can afford Love. If they can do it without nuking their roster, all the power to them. But I think they have a really strong team as it is. I'm not sure there's a need to get Love and it might create a situation where there are too many mouths to feed on offense if Waiters stays.

But see, I don't think it'll be an issue of too many mouths to feed, because LeBron and Love are both famously unselfish, smart, great passers who don't necessarily NEED to "get theirs." I think those two would play tremendously well together.

But see, I don't think it'll be an issue of too many mouths to feed, because LeBron and Love are both famously unselfish, smart, great passers who don't necessarily NEED to "get theirs." I think those two would play tremendously well together.

I disagree. Love would be for spacing a la Bosh. He would be out on the perimeter on offense and he's a bad defender. If they go small and Love has to play the 5, he can't protect the rim. If they go big, he's guarding 4s that will be more athletic than he is.

Not saying he's bad. He's fun to watch on offense and he is a very good offensive player and rebounder, but you can't keep stocking Bron's sidekicks with crappy defenders. CLE won't be able stop any runs and Bron will have to guard the other team's best 1-4.

I would keep Wiggins at 3M a year, look to get more solid help throughout the roster to go deep. You already are giving $90 million to a crappy defender in Kyrie that is a scoring PG.

You can't win with 4 or 5 guys. See Miami and OKC last year. You need depth if you want a title. Your second squad has to be able to perform.

BsR76f3CMAArprP.png

I disagree. Love would be for spacing a la Bosh. He would be out on the perimeter on offense and he's a bad defender. If they go small and Love has to play the 5, he can't protect the rim. If they go big, he's guarding 4s that will be more athletic than he is.

Not saying he's bad. He's fun to watch on offense and he is a very good offensive player and rebounder, but you can't keep stocking Bron's sidekicks with crappy defenders. CLE won't be able stop any runs and Bron will have to guard the other team's best 1-4.

I would keep Wiggins at 3M a year, look to get more solid help throughout the roster to go deep. You already are giving $90 million to a crappy defender in Kyrie that is a scoring PG.

You can't win with 4 or 5 guys. See Miami and OKC last year. You need depth if you want a title. Your second squad has to be able to perform.
Nailed it.

This is great! The need now is to get another basketball.

Cleveland needs 1 shooter like a Mike Miller and 1 more big guy and they are East favorites.

Today feels a little like those WWE scenarios where you rooted for someone as a good guy and all of a sudden he reveals himself as a "heel"- think Hulk Hogan and the NWO! :eek: This thread is for all those, like myself, who had a bad taste of LBJ in their mouths and are now forced to reexamine their POV.
I had/have no dog in the Clevelend/LBJ fight and yes, "hate" is a strong word. However, its obviously being used here only in a sports context, so please... no sanctimonious moral musings about its "appropriateness".
I admit, I was one of those who detested the manner in which LBJ left Cleveland. You can't deny the man his greatness or talent, that was never the issue, at least for me. But the way the first "Decision" was handled just rubbed me and alot of other NBA fans the wrong way.
Yes, he had every right to leave and he's free to make his own choices obviously. But in the words of Elaine Benes, LBJ was a "bad breaker-upper" w/ his first "Decision". Leave if you must, but don't schuppt my best friend on the way out, or flaunt your rich new boyfriend when you get to your new beachfront home.

In any case, today's "Decision 2.0" and most importantly, the way it was handled, shows that LBJ has definitely grown, matured, and is not the seemingly arrogant & thoughtless kid from a few years ago.
It adds an unlikely twist to the upcoming season, and IMO, secures LBJ's "popularity legacy" whether he wins in Cleveland or not. Alot more people will be cheering for him now then when he went to the Heat.
Its "good for the game", IMO- and if this thread is seen as "eating crow" or a mea culpa- so be it.

BTW- this is meant to be tongue-in-cheek so can we not take ourselves too seriously? No one was "right" all along, and no one could've predicted this happening. JMHO:noidea:

Last edited:

Anybody feel bad for this kid? What is he going to do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom