Lebron to the Cavs...and we're off.... | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Lebron to the Cavs...and we're off....

Minnesota will not trade Kevin Love to Cleveland without Wiggins in the deal. I mean Minnesota can't give Love away. Waiters, Bennett, Miami first round pick is not enough.
Honestly, my respect level for Lebron has gone up but I still will never root for the guy like I did Michael Jordan. However, he can get to that Kobe level for me I hate the Lakers but respect him.

Dan Gilbert doesn't deserve Lebron James either but I feel good for true Northeast Ohio fans they deserve some good for their pro sports team.

On that theory he would have gone to Chicago. He's doing the right thing by his hometown. Don't look for the cloud in the silver lining.

Chicago couldn't offer max, so no he wouldn't have gone there. All reports said he wanted Max contract. Thats the reason Melo won't or wasn't going to the Bulls, they couldn't offer him a max (which apparently Melo may still go there now). The Cavs are loaded with young talent and even more first round picks and now they just added what people say is the greatest player in the league. Thats a pretty good situation to go to, only place that might have been better was phoenix. They are in good position to add anyone they want via trade or draft, pairing Lebron and Irving with most likely Love. Thats a pretty solid 3 right there, Irving who apparently is very good (haven't really watched him play), Lebron, and a 20-20 guy in Love who can also stretch the floor. Don't kid yourself, thats a really good situation, probably the best situation in the league. Name a better three players? Even if Houston gets Bosh, which will be an excellent piece for them harden and Irving are pretty even, Love is better then both Howard (never know if he will show up) and Bosh (very talented but give me Love who can stretch and bang inside), and then Lebron. Then Cleveland still has the money to sign a ray allen or mike miller to go along with their other young talent. Who even knows if Rose can come back to be the player he was after missing practically 2 seasons with knee issues, and then Chicago is really only left with Noah.

Just looking over guys that are out there that might be willing to join the Cavs on the cheap and could be useful in the right roles:

Kris Humphries
Jimmer Fredette
DeJuan Blair
Anthony Morrow

So are the Heat committed to the Granger and McRoberts signings? They seem pretty pointless now.

Rumor is Chicago and Philip Jackson have had sign and trade discussions for Carmelo and JR Smith. Knicks would get Carlos Boozer, Jimmy Butler, the first-round pick the Bulls have from the Sacramento Kings, another future pick, Nikola Mirotic, Mike Dunleavy.

Chicago couldn't offer max, so no he wouldn't have gone there. All reports said he wanted Max contract. Thats the reason Melo won't or wasn't going to the Bulls, they couldn't offer him a max (which apparently Melo may still go there now). The Cavs are loaded with young talent and even more first round picks and now they just added what people say is the greatest player in the league. Thats a pretty good situation to go to, only place that might have been better was phoenix. They are in good position to add anyone they want via trade or draft, pairing Lebron and Irving with most likely Love. Thats a pretty solid 3 right there, Irving who apparently is very good (haven't really watched him play), Lebron, and a 20-20 guy in Love who can also stretch the floor. Don't kid yourself, thats a really good situation, probably the best situation in the league. Name a better three players? Even if Houston gets Bosh, which will be an excellent piece for them harden and Irving are pretty even, Love is better then both Howard (never know if he will show up) and Bosh (very talented but give me Love who can stretch and bang inside), and then Lebron. Then Cleveland still has the money to sign a ray allen or mike miller to go along with their other young talent. Who even knows if Rose can come back to be the player he was after missing practically 2 seasons with knee issues, and then Chicago is really only left with Noah.
Kyrie has all world talent. Hasn't shown the ability to make his teammates better (yet). He's only, what 22? Plenty of time to develop. It's reported that the Cav's may consider Wiggins for Love. Kyrie, Dion, LeBron, Thompson, Love. Bench: Varajao, Bennett, Harris. I even like the new Coach, David Blatt. Princeton guy, Big Euro success. I'm liking this a lot.

Kyrie has all world talent. Hasn't shown the ability to make his teammates better (yet). He's only, what 22? Plenty of time to develop. It's reported that the Cav's may consider Wiggins for Love. Kyrie, Dion, LeBron, Thomson, Love. Bench: Varajao, Bennett, Harris. I even like the new Coach, David Blatt. Princeton guy, Big Euro success. I'm liking this a lot.

Thats my exact point though, its a better situation then Miami and probably anywhere else in the league right now. I don't think it had anything to do with the city or people of Cleveland like he said in his article. Obviously he had to win the people back somehow, but I'm not buying it. Just so happens he's coming back to Cleveland and with/most likely the Love trade will immediately make them the favorites or right behind the spurs this coming year to win the Championship.

Thats my exact point though, its a better situation then Miami and probably anywhere else in the league right now. I don't think it had anything to do with the city or people of Cleveland like he said in his article. Obviously he had to win the people back somehow, but I'm not buying it. Just so happens he's coming back to Cleveland and with/most likely the Love trade will immediately make them the favorites or right behind the spurs this coming year to win the Championship.
We'll just have to agree to disagree on LeBron's fondness for his hometown.

As an aside, I'm reminded of the sportscaster who once said that the greatest doubles tennis team of all time was John McEnroe and whoever he was playing with that day.

Whether or not these characteristics are within his control has little bearing on if I'm allowed to 'hate' him for them. And I disagree about him being soft, obviously.

Every NBA player takes a beating. The fact that he gets preferrential treatment down low (true of most star NBA players) because he whines about the beating is annoying. To not be considered soft in my book, you need to meet two requirements; 1) don't show pain and play through it, 2) keep your mouth shut and play ball. Lebron does neither well, in my opinion.

The play when he fell to the floor and rolled around like he had been shot, after Tyson Chandler set a legal screen, set his 'softness' status in stone for me. Would I act like I was dying if I ran into Tyson Chandler? Yeah, probably. But I'm 5'6" 160lbs, not an NBA athlete who should be able to withstand getting hit by a small bus without breaking a sweat. Players are clearly physical with Lebron but that's no different than any NBA legend with size and he is certainly just as physical with them on the other side of the ball.

Lebron gets fouled every time he gets the ball.

Every time.

The BEST part of this whole story is that ESPN has Mark Schwartz running the Heat beat after the Kings departure...lol

Bosh gets big $ to stay in Miami.

Interesting

Rumor is Chicago and Philip Jackson have had sign and trade discussions for Carmelo and JR Smith. Knicks would get Carlos Boozer, Jimmy Butler, the first-round pick the Bulls have from the Sacramento Kings, another future pick, Nikola Mirotic, Mike Dunleavy.
VOMIT

If Phil Jackson does that, I might be done with the Knicks for a while. Let Melo take 50 mil less if he wants. We dare you..

Bosh gets big $ to stay in Miami.

Interesting
Riley doesn't like to lose.

BTW, one of the reasons LeBron's going back to Northeast Ohio: he's jonesin' for some Captain Thurm juju.

VOMIT

If Phil Jackson does that, I might be done with the Knicks for a while. Let Melo take 50 mil less if he wants. We dare you..
This mindset is why the Knicks make panic trades like they did when they acquired Bargs.
If Melo resigns for 5 yr 129 enjoy winning nothing but maybe 1 playoff series. The cap situation kills the Knicks future. I am. a Melo fan but staying in NY is due to his wife and the 30 million. If he wants to win a championship it won't be during this 5 year contract with the Knicks.

Alsacs said:
This mindset is why the Knicks make panic trades like they did when they acquired Bargs. If Melo resigns for 5 yr 129 enjoy winning nothing but maybe 1 playoff series. The cap situation kills the Knicks future. I am. a Melo fan but staying in NY is due to his wife and the 30 million. If he wants to win a championship it won't be during this 5 year contract with the Knicks.

If Phil weren't there. It's to early to tell what 2015 could mean to the roster. To much could change to be definitive about Melo's chances.

This mindset is why the Knicks make panic trades like they did when they acquired Bargs.
If Melo resigns for 5 yr 129 enjoy winning nothing but maybe 1 playoff series. The cap situation kills the Knicks future. I am. a Melo fan but staying in NY is due to his wife and the 30 million. If he wants to win a championship it won't be during this 5 year contract with the Knicks.
So he should pin his Championship hopes on D-Rose? He already went through this with Amare.

So he should pin his Championship hopes on D-Rose? He already went through this with Amare.
If Melo slid into Jimmy Butler's spot on the Bulls they are one of the top 3 teams in the East next year even without Rose and I think Rose will be better next year.
The Knicks have no chance next year and your pinning Melo's hopes on a 2015 FA class which sucks. Rondo doesn't fit the triangle, Love is going to be dealt, Aldridge is staying in Portland and then the rest are RFAs which you aren't poaching.

If that does happen, hopefully the Bulls cut JR Smith loose. He sucks!

If that does happen, hopefully the Bulls cut JR Smith loose. He sucks!
JR is only part of a potential deal because NY wants him off their books and if they want Melo they would have to take the bad contract from NY.

If Melo slid into Jimmy Butler's spot on the Bulls they are one of the top 3 teams in the East next year even without Rose and I think Rose will be better next year.
The Knicks have no chance next year and your pinning Melo's hopes on a 2015 FA class which sucks. Rondo doesn't fit the triangle, Love is going to be dealt, Aldridge is staying in Portland and then the rest are RFAs which you aren't poaching.
Like a poster above said, Phil Jackson is the game changer. I have more faith in Phil Jackson than I do D-Rose.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom