Lebron to the Cavs...and we're off.... | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Lebron to the Cavs...and we're off....

Like a poster above said, Phil Jackson is the game changer. I have more faith in Phil Jackson than I do D-Rose.
Have faith in Phil Jackson but he isn't a god, my goodness I can't believe how this guy gets this faith in a job he has never had before.

Have faith in Phil Jackson but he isn't a god, my goodness I can't believe how this guy gets this faith in a job he has never had before.
He isnt a god but when comparing the Knicks to the Bulls, you and many others are acting like the Bulls are a no-brainer.

I look at it this way.. he's either tying his Championship hopes to Phil Jackson or Derrick Rose. Who would you choose?

He's not winning a Championship in NY without Phil Jax implementing his system and making moves.

He's not winning a Championship in Chicago unless Derrick Rose is not only healthy, but pretty close to his level before injury.

If im NY, I call his bluff, let him take 54 mil less and go play with Amare part 2.

Alsacs said:

It's the move he's already made, his past history as a smart basketball mind - and he's done a good job if keeping Dolan at bay. His relative newness helps in a way too - the Knicks history of futility and bad offseason moves were different guys.

He isnt a god but when comparing the Knicks to the Bulls, you and many others are acting like the Bulls are a no-brainer.

I look at it this way.. he's either tying his Championship hopes to Phil Jackson or Derrick Rose. Who would you choose?

He's not winning a Championship in NY without Phil Jax implementing his system and making moves.

He's not winning a Championship in Chicago unless Derrick Rose is not only healthy, but pretty close to his level before injury.

If im NY, I call his bluff, let him take 54 mil less and go play with Amare part 2.
Do you realize how good a season Joakim Noah had last year? Tahj Gibson is another big who can play. The bulls have Doug McBuckets coming in, DJ Augustin was good last year. Carlos Boozer's contract is going to bring them Pau Gasol or something. The Bulls are a scorer like Melo away from being the best or 2nd best team in the East.
You call Rose Amare 2.0 do you even know his injury? Rose tore his ACL in his leg Amare had microfacture surgery TOTALLY different injuries. ACL tears take 2 years before they are typically healed. Amare had microfacture surgery which no player has had and come back like they have from ACL tears. If Melo goes back to tells NYK I would bet pretty easily her Bulls win more games next year.

Do you realize how good a season Joakim Noah had last year? Tahj Gibson is another big who can play. The bulls have Doug McBuckets coming in, DJ Augustin was good last year. Carlos Boozer's contract is going to bring them Pau Gasol or something. The Bulls are a scorer like Melo away from being the best or 2nd best team in the East.
You call Rose Amare 2.0 do you even know his injury? Rose tore his ACL in his leg Amare had microfacture surgery TOTALLY different injuries. ACL tears take 2 years before they are typically healed. Amare had microfacture surgery which no player has had and come back like they have from ACL tears. If Melo goes back to tells NYK I would bet pretty easily her Bulls win more games next year.
Please don't use Doug McBuckets and DJ Augustin in an argument that Chicago is better than NY for the 4-5 year duration of his contract.

Rose plays a D-Wade style of ball and has shown to have serious injury issues. It doesn't matter that its a different injury than Amare if he can't stay on the floor and who's to say he's the Derrick Rose of old or even close?

Joakim Noah is the man, I'll give you that.

Melo can go to Chicago and take 54 mil less to pray his pg who is made of glass doesn't break while being second fiddle to Lebron in that division. If I'm Phil, I dare him to do that.

Last edited:
Please don't use Doug McBuckets and DJ Augustin in an argument that Chicago is better than NY for the 4-5 year duration of his contract.

Rose plays a D-Wade style of ball and has shown to have serious injury issues. It doesn't matter that its a different injury than Amare if he can't stay on the floor and who's to say he's the Derrick Rose of old or even close?

Joakim Noah is the man, I'll give you that.

Melo can go to Chicago and take 54 mil less to pray his pg who is made of glass doesn't break while being second fiddle to Lebron in that division. If I'm Phil, I dare him to do that.
McDermitt was a lottery pick from the spot the Knicks should have been drafting from. At worst he is Kyle Korver 2.0
Thibs actually coaches his players up look at. Nate Robinson and DJ Augustin in back to back years. The Knicks won't be contenders for next year and I like Melo but the Knicks are a mess.

McDermitt was a lottery pick from the spot the Knicks should have been drafting from. At worst he is Kyle Korver 2.0
Thibs actually coaches his players up look at. Nate Robinson and DJ Augustin in back to back years. The Knicks won't be contenders for next year and I like Melo but the Knicks are a mess.
Well, when Durant comes I will send you the 14-15 yearbook and u can wax nostalgic over them being knocked out in rnd 2...for we've waited 41 years, we can wait 1 more.

And the bulls certainly won't win with the gimp doing his cowardly lion impersonation at the 1.

I had a nice chat after the show with Bob Casale, who died earlier this year, about Akron/Kent/Cleveland sports. I knew his brother, Jerry, when he was in a blues band, The Numbers Band (15-60-75), which is still together. Chrissie Hynde's brother, Terry, speaking of Akronites, has been in the band forever.
While I'm strolling down memory lane, I'd bet I'm the sole surviving reporter (I know the Plain Dealer's Chuck Heaton's dead) who covered the first Cavs game ever shortly after I graduated from Kent and went to work for the Beacon Journal in June 1970 ... a pre-season game between Cleveland and Buffalo at the old Cleveland Arena. Damn, I can't be that old, can I?

Ah yes! I seem to remember you mentioning that before and that awesome old Richfield Coliseum (like 15 minutes from Fairlawn area where I grew up). Funny, Chrissy Hynde had this really good and eclectic veggie bistro in Akron called VegitTerranean (in a sweet newer condo complex right next to Luigi's) for about 5 years. Tons of Clevelanders would come down it was so good. Her and her partner owed so many back taxes and defaulted on various loans that it shut down maybe three or four years ago.

Last edited:
Well, when Durant comes I will send you the 14-15 yearbook and u can wax nostalgic over them being knocked out in rnd 2...for we've waited 41 years, we can wait 1 more.

And the bulls certainly won't win with the gimp doing his cowardly lion impersonation at the 1.
I agree on the bulls. I don't get it. Too many questions...too many pieces given up to get melo. Honestly the lakers are a better landing spot.

Ah yes! I seem to remember you mentioning that before and that awesome old Richfield Coliseum (like 15 minutes from Fairlawn area where I grew up). Funny, Chrissy Hynde had this really good and eclectic veggie bistro in Akron called VegitTerranean (in a sweet newer high rise condo complex right next to Luigi's) for about 5 years. Tons of Clevelanders would come down it was so good. Her and her partner owed so many back taxes and defaulted on various loans that it shut down maybe three or four years ago.
Huh...so I guess she does have brass in her pocket...

I agree on the bulls. I don't get it. Too many questions...too many pieces given up to get melo. Honestly the lakers are a better landing spot.
Or the Rockets now??

But seriously, I've said it before...TODAY is/was LeBrons Day.

Melo to the Knicks gets leaked out Sunday night or is out on Monday afternoon.

Lebron is the lead and then it segways to Melo...ALL WEEKEND.

Egos.

Massaged.

This has been a wining exercise for Melo's PR team as well. Now i don't think they are gonna drop a cool essay that will be talked about for 100s of years and will one day be in the HOF and adored like the Constitution, but still...

Yeah, I'm in this camp. If the Bulls can bring in another serviceable PG or combo guard then this is a really strong team with Melo, imo.

Durant isn't a FA till 2016. The Knicks lose Amare and Bargs next summer. Also why would Durant leave OKC for NY when he can get more a lot more money from OKC. That is the logic Knick fans are using to keep Melo. Durant is from DC he has never said he wants to play for the NYK. If your talking about Durant and he is 2 yrs away and by that time Melo will be 32 and taking up 30% of the NYK salary cap.

Or the Rockets now??

But seriously, I've said it before...TODAY is/was LeBrons Day.

Melo to the Knicks gets leaked out Sunday night or is out on Monday afternoon.

Lebron is the lead and then it segways to Melo...ALL WEEKEND.

Egos.

Massaged.

This has been a wining exercise for Melo's PR team as well. Now i don't think they are gonna drop a cool essay that will be talked about for 100s of years and will one day be in the HOF and adored like the Constitution, but still...
I kind of thought Houston was an eh spot for melo...just don't see superman and Melo working well. It doesn't matter because it was and always will be the Knicks...there is zero chance Melo replicates kings mistake 4 years ago.

Durant was a throwaway example, just like if Melo goes to the bulls they win...THIS year is.

Salary cap is about to jump as well.

And jimmy will pay a tax for a parade.

And Al, I love the banter, but I won't be inviting you watch that trip up broadway...

Ah yes! I seem to remember you mentioning that before and that awesome old Richfield Coliseum (like 15 minutes from Fairlawn area where I grew up). Funny, Chrissy Hynde had this really good and eclectic veggie bistro in Akron called VegitTerranean (in a sweet newer condo complex right next to Luigi's) for about 5 years. Tons of Clevelanders would come down it was so good. Her and her partner owed so many back taxes and defaulted on various loans that it shut down maybe three or four years ago.
Love Luigi's. I may have to take a roadie for a LeBron jersey and a pie from Luigi's.

Im just hoping the Zen Master can work his magic in his new position. Maybe Melo wants to do like Lebron is doing, and being the man responsible for bringing a title somewhere, not just winning somewhere that is already set up for a title. If he gets his money, so be it. It's up to Phil to make some moves to help build a team around him. Granted it will be more difficult than it was for Cleveland to start laying a foundation, but it isn't impossible. It isn't like any of the current Knicks have anything close to the love the 90's Knicks had(or talent for that matter), so it doesn't seem like anyone is untouchable. Maybe it's a new position for the Zen Master, but I doubt he was asleep at the wheel and didn't learn anything from the GMs he's worked with over the years.

And on a lighter note, I am wondering how many of these bandwagon Miami fans(not just the foreign ones) will still be wearing their gear this coming season? Congrats to Lebron for doing something that many in his position would not have done.

Last edited:
As long as Lebron James is in the Eastern Conference I can't see the Knicks in the NBA finals for the foreseeable future. Dolan may spend money but the cap is going to jump a lot on the future the owners kicked the players asses to much to control costs and because the NBAPA is completely disorganized it won't change their is a reason the freaking Milwaukee Bucks one of the least valuable teams in the league sold for 550 million dollars in May.
NBA is a league you need the best player to win or have incredible depth. Carmelo as much as I love for winning SU a championship will not win an NBA title in NY unless he took a massive discount on his extension.

As long as Lebron James is in the Eastern Conference I can't see the Knicks in the NBA finals for the foreseeable future. Dolan may spend money but the cap is going to jump a lot on the future the owners kicked the players asses to much to control costs and because the NBAPA is completely disorganized it won't change their is a reason the freaking Milwaukee Bucks one of the least valuable teams in the league sold for 550 million dollars in May.
NBA is a league you need the best player to win or have incredible depth. Carmelo as much as I love for winning SU a championship will not win an NBA title in NY unless he took a massive discount on his extension.
a massive discount on his extension is the only way hes going to chicago.

so if thats the case, then do it in NY and be the hero, be the alpha dog.

My 'hate' (more like dislike) for Lebron has very little to do with his decision. It's mostly a combination of these factors; he was crowned as 'king' wayyyyy too early in his career, he stole some of the spotlight from Melo and Melo has been unfairly compared to him since, he's a whiner, he's a flopper, he's soft, and he is great moreso becasue he was born an absolute genetic monster than due to basketball skill (not saying he isn't skilled, but he isn't in the ballpark of Jordan's skill - who was also a genetic freak).
LeBron is 6'8 250 with a PGs skill set. Compared to Jordan who was 6'6 195 with a SGs skill set (except he sucked from 3). There always have been and always will be player's with Jordan's skill set (Oscar Robertson, Julius Erving, Kobe Bryant, etc.). There will never be another LeBron James.

And before someone says Jordan "was a winner". Let this sink in...

LeBron took 9 players: Eric Snow, Anderson Varejao, Doneyll Marshall, Drew Gooden, Zydrunas Ilgauskas, Larry Houghes, Sasha Pavlovic, Damon Jones, and Daniel Gibson to the NBA Finals in his 4th year.

Jordan took 11 players: BJ Armstrong, John Paxson, Scottie Pippen, Bill Catwright, Horace Grant, Cliff Levingston, Stacey King, Will Perdue, Craig Hodges, and Dennis Hopson to the NBA Finals in his 7th year.

Also, Jordan road James Worthy's coattails to an NCAA championship in '82.

LeBron is 6'8 250 with a PGs skill set. Compared to Jordan who was 6'6 195 with a SGs skill set (except he sucked from 3). There always have been and always will be player's with Jordan's skill set (Oscar Robertson, Julius Erving, Kobe Bryant, etc.). There will never be another LeBron James.

LeBron took 9 players: Eric Snow, Anderson Varejao, Doneyll Marshall, Drew Gooden, Zydrunas Ilgauskas, Larry Houghes, Sasha Pavlovic, Damon Jones, and Daniel Gibson to the NBA Finals in his 4th year.

Jordan took 11 players: BJ Armstrong, John Paxson, Scottie Pippen, Bill Catwright, Horace Grant, Cliff Levingston, Stacey King, Will Perdue, Craig Hodges, and Dennis Hopson to the NBA Finals in his 7th year.

Go look at Michael Jordan's 1989-1990 season. Jordan 82GP, 33.6PPG, 6.8RPG, 6.3APG, 2.8steals per game, 52.6% Shooting percentage, and 37% from 3pt range.

Jordan took the defending Champion Detroit Pistons to 7 games in the Eastern Conference Finals. Oh yeah and people were allowed to foul hard and hand check in Jordan's days. Jordan would average 40ppg in today's rules with no hard fouls or hand checking.

I would love to see Lebron James survive 1 playoff series against the 1980's Bad Boys Pistons.

I don't really understand your point. Jordan clearly WAS a winner. Competition in the East back then was WAY more difficult! So is James. Obviously they are/were different players with James as probably the most versatile player the NBA has seen to date.

Also, saying Jordan sucked from 3 is a big stretch. In four of his best seasons, 92-97 he shot 35%, 50%, 43%, and 37%. In the Playoffs in general he was more consistent from 3. In the beginning of his career and at the end with Washington those numbers were quite lower.

a massive discount on his extension is the only way hes going to chicago.

so if thats the case, then do it in NY and be the hero, be the alpha dog.
If Melo takes a massive discount to stay with the NYK then it would allow them to possibly win the future, but I haven't seen any reports he is going to take like a 5 yr 85 million dollar deal.

If Melo takes a massive discount to stay with the NYK then it would allow them to possibly win the future, but I haven't seen any reports he is going to take like a 5 yr 85 million dollar deal.
yet you are suggesting he do just that in chicago...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom