LeQuint Allen is Back | Page 47 | Syracusefan.com

LeQuint Allen is Back

"Without Doe's admission that he struck the Complainant, the record contains no information that would allow any decision maker, at any step in the process, to reasonably conclude that Doe struck the Complainant or, even if he did, that Doe caused serious physical injury to the Complainant."

I feel so friggin bad for LeQuint. Kid is getting screwed FOR TRYING TO DO THE RIGHT THING. It is a disgrace.

I imagine they spend like 23 hours a day staring at the block R on their stadium and saying things like “simply, wow!” to themselves, so it probably takes them awhile to notice things.
Why are we stopping?

It very well may be that Mr. Allen is going to be a very, very good running back - even better than Sean Tucker?

If you throw him off the team, IMO, less fans, especially the people that understand the incredulous, absurd decision by the Student Judiciary Board, and especially one member of that board decides the life course of LA, will be less interested in attending Syracuse Football games.

Boycotting the games would be a way of showing Kent Syverud, you do not make a fair decision and let LA play, no tickets sold and you and others take a salary break or don’t get paid at all.

Hopefully, and I think this is going to go down this way is Supreme Court Judge Robert Antonacci who issued a temporary pause on the case until a July 19 court appearance will over rule any other decision made and LA will continue in school and play football graduate perhaps play in the NFL, and have a good life.

Another question is who in the hell is the assailant here, his name, where is he and why hasn’t he shown for anything. By not showing up, that’s not looking good for him by the judge.

I must imagine that Dino Babers is amazed at this reaction about LA from the “student” board as well as John Wildhack.

"Without Doe's admission that he struck the Complainant, the record contains no information that would allow any decision maker, at any step in the process, to reasonably conclude that Doe struck the Complainant or, even if he did, that Doe caused serious physical injury to the Complainant."

I feel so friggin bad for LeQuint. Kid is getting screwed FOR TRYING TO DO THE RIGHT THING. It is a disgrace.

“Never self report” is the only thing I’ve learned following SU sports the last 11-12 years or so.

It matters in that he's not an employee according to current law. He receives untaxed benefits, not a salary. He's not on any payroll. He could file a suit in the second circuit if he wants to. Even if they ruled in his favor, which I doubt, since other courts have already ruled differently, I find it hard to believe that he would retroactively be given the protections of an employee and be able to apply it to this circumstance.

There are plenty of people who are volunteers and arent paid who can qualify as employees. I think you are referring to a narrow issue in the law. Its not as clear cut as you say.

Where’d you get your law degree and what do you practice?

So SUs message to students caught up in something dumb is that they should commit to the ole admit nothing, deny everything, make counter accusations mantra?
No, just say nothing. Don’t admit or deny or point fingers. If you have tangible Incontrovertible proof, have your lawyer have a press conference.

Do not comply, do not cooperate.

Welp. The story is now on NJ.Com

2021 NJ player of the year suing Syracuse over suspension

It's going to spread far and wide soon enough
Isn’t that what some on the board have been asking for? They wanted the story to go national. This is a step in that direction.

The root cause of the injustice here, and the public outcry, appears to be a weird disciplinary rule that excludes evidence of the other student's conduct. Because of that rule, the alleged "victim" didn't even have to show up at the hearing. Proof of a serious injury (needed for Assault 3d) was scant. And testimony about the initial assault (that LQA was responding to) may have been limited. True, student disciplinary hearings aren't supposed to be supreme court cases. But the procedures followed here leave a lot to be desired.

At this point, SU is in a corner. Its disciplinary process has come off as arbitrary and punitive. It ignored LQA's truthfulness and contrition, deprived him of an opportunity to argue self-defense, and then meted out a disproportionate penalty. The irony is that, as the university justifiably takes it in the teeth in the media (;)), the lawsuit may be its best option to stop the bleeding (;)). An outside forum gives it enough "cover" to work out a reduced disposition without looking like it's coddling a star athlete.
Sooooo they operate like a communist regime ehhh??? ( these are jokes people relax) ……. ( alright there jokes with a little truth tied to them).

I, for one, question the character of anyone who wasn't out partying during undergrad and maybe getting in a mix up once over their student tenure.
Read the policy, from the moment you step on campus until you leave, everything you do 24/7 can get you tossed from school.

You can get hauled before the Committee for Public Safety/Red Guards for causing

let alone knocking a tooth out.

Every moment your are at risk for hurting someone’s mentals.

Read the policy, from the moment you step on campus until you leave, everything you do 24/7 can get you tossed from school.

You can get hauled before the Committee for Public Safety/Red Guards for causing

Sure the policy how it's written is massively flawed for starters. Then there is the matter how how its implemented lacks consistency and objectivity that piles on. It's pretty amazing its been able to persist as long as it has.

How does a scholarship get reduced. Serious question
From the NCAA Compliance Guidelines:

“If a student-athlete is receiving institutional financial aid based in any degree on athletics ability, that financial aid MAY be reduced or canceled during the period of award (e.g., during that year or term) only if the student-athlete:

• Renders himself or herself ineligible for intercollegiate competition; or
    Misrepresents any information on an application, letter of intent or financial aid agreement; or
    Commits serious misconduct which warrants a substantial disciplinary penalty (the misconduct determination must be made by the university’s regular student disciplinary authority); or
    Voluntarily quits the sport for personal reasons. In this case, the student-athlete’s financial aid may not be given to another student-athlete during the term in which the aid was reduced or canceled."
-----------

Now that's ONLY during the period of the award. I would assume the new period for financial aid starts July 1. I think coaches have a ton of discretion for punishment if a student-athlete has done wrong. For some reason, Syracuse has decided a student and faculty judicial board should take that ability away from the coach. As far as I know, that is exceedingly rare in DI/FBS institutions.

I'm actually a big fan of law and order but it's taken such a hard left today. Barring guns, heavy drugs, dui, etc... it's so wrong kids and young adults aren't allowed to screw up, learn, and move on without massive life altering conserquences. Even switching majors today can set you back like 80k with an extra semester. I graduated like 10 years ago and it wasn't nearly this bad

This reminds me of a George WIll piece that you might enjoy.

There are plenty of people who are volunteers and arent paid who can qualify as employees. I think you are referring to a narrow issue in the law. Its not as clear cut as you say.

Where’d you get your law degree and what do you practice?
“Student athlete” is pretty clear.
Even when I worked in network services, and had an office, the number of times I was reminded I was a student was intolerable.
Which allowed me to sleep with my boss’s admin.

I was in a major fight in college, brawl. One person was knocked through the front window of the bar and seriously hurt.
Everyone was from the same school.
Everyone was given a second chance. Some had to move off campus for a semester and some had to do community service.
I had to do community service and i ended up helping out and creating a fund raiser for a home for battered women and their children. It ended up being one of the best experiences, lessons of my life.
I have gone onto do some things in my life that has helped others including our foundation.
I cant imagine how my life and others on this board would be if we hadn't been provided second third and God only knows how many
" Mulligans "
This situation resonates with me and i bet many of you. I hope to God the administration not only provides LA with a second chance but revises the way they deal with student disciplinary situations.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom