Let’s Talk About the Raycom RSN Deal for ACC Content | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Let’s Talk About the Raycom RSN Deal for ACC Content

I’m in a somewhat (or was) similar situation. I do have YTTV but the last two years I’ve been paying for the NFL app, just during the season to watch all my Bears games. I’m in upstate NY. It’s like $10 a month. Here’s the caveat, you can’t watch them live. Once the game is over the replay will show up on the app. So that might work for you or it might not. I’ve gotten used to not checking my phone and having the day free, then watching the game later. Plus no commercials or fast forwarding through them and shortening the game time has more than made up for missing the game live.

As far as from an SU fan perspective. I’ve missed more games in the last two years between BB and FB, switching to YTTV than I did in 15 years having cable. So switching to YTTV if you decide to pay for Sunday ticket will only solve one problem.
Thank you for the idea but I really want to watch the games live.

You can get NFL Sunday Ticket without subscribing to YTTV. It’ll just cost more than if you bundle it together. Honestly you’re better off just getting the bundle for 4 months. Check this out:

As for MLB, personally I’d order the MLB.tv streaming product. Their app is the best, I’ve been buying that for years.

You’ll get ACC Network with YouTube TV, or if you keep DirecTV of course.

Easy peasy.
Thank you for that info, didn’t know you could do a stand alone deal. I’ll definitely be doing that

Nothing says big time sports like the CW. I get the deal but the ACC is no longer having breakfast at Tiffany's when it comes to their partnerships...more like drive thru at a Bojangles.
True, but when Fox first began showing live sports, the jokes were the same. WE have no idea what the CW plans are and how successful the CW might be in using the ACCm nd poprbably Pac, to grow its sports telecasting brand. In 10 years, the CW might have great respect and be willing to pay big bucks for ACC content.

I can't help but think back to all the people who thought ala carte was going to be so great that couldn't understand how bundling works. Those threads would be worth a laugh today.
lol.

Yes - please resurface.

True, but when Fox first began showing live sports, the jokes were the same. WE have no idea what the CW plans are and how successful the CW might be in using the ACCm nd poprbably Pac, to grow its sports telecasting brand. In 10 years, the CW might have great respect and be willing to pay big bucks for ACC content.
The CW seems to be a cobbled together network of secondary TV channels (and sub channels).

The good news it appears daytime and primetime games will be offered. The other good thing is you can get most of these channels OTA for free with an antenna.

I mean if I’m understanding this correctly. ACC had no say in this. This inventory belonged to Raycom sports to sell, not the ACC. Raycom is selling to the highest bidder. They don’t care how national or what place this inventory goes too. They are in it to make the most money. All because Swofford’s son worked for Raycom and he wanted to give them inventory. So ya, we can be annoyed it didn’t end up on ESPN, but it wasn’t the ACC’s decision and they were not going to make any money on the transaction.

Nothing says big time sports like the CW. I get the deal but the ACC is no longer having breakfast at Tiffany's when it comes to their partnerships...more like drive thru at a Bojangles.

Whats the other option just leave them on ESPN+? I don't think we can just sell the 5th rate package of games to Fox or CBS. I know B1G and SEC do that to an extent but the ACC isn’t the same as those two.
That’s because cable operators are unscrupulous. monsters.

They snatched broadcast channel signals for free for years. That changed when they had to start paying to air those channels, and of course they tacked it on as a “broadcast fee” on your bill.

Local broadcast channels have always been the #1 reason why people got cable (better, more reliable reception + news + sports + prime time programs). Cable companies free rode that and made a hefty profit. Now they gotta pay for what they should have been all along.
How? If everyone else gets broadcast channels for free so should they.

If I could get a grainy TV38 to barely come in from Boston at my Grandmas in Syracuse for Bruins and Red Sox games in the 80s spare me the violin for folks with weak signals now a days…not to mention people who reside in remote places have satellite not cable.

I can't help but think back to all the people who thought ala carte was going to be so great that couldn't understand how bundling works. Those threads would be worth a laugh today.
Naw. Still pay $100 less and have freedom to move on from streaming platforms at will. I see just about every game I want to.

I cancel YTTV in the summer and re-add when CFB starts. Could never do that w cable.

The tradeoff was always more freedom for less “bundled”… and if you like bundled content, stay w your cable provider

Naw. Still pay $100 less and have freedom to move on from streaming platforms at will. I see just about every game I want to.

I cancel YTTV in the summer and re-add when CFB starts. Could never do that w cable.

The tradeoff was always more freedom for less “bundled”… and if you like bundled content, stay w your cable provider
I'm very happy to see games on CW instead of YES Network soon enough.

To my knowledge ESPN is not doing the ACC any huge favors, I could care less that they could not buy back that inventory. Supposedly the CW is changing their branding. People just need to wait and see how easy it will be watching games on that channel. It will be nice not having to go to channel 388 or 550 to find your game but rather channel 6.

To my knowledge ESPN is not doing the ACC any huge favors, I could care less that they could not buy back that inventory. Supposedly the CW is changing their branding. People just need to wait and see how easy it will be watching games on that channel. It will be nice not having to go to channel 388 or 550 to find your game but rather channel 6.
can also watch the games in person too

You can get NFL Sunday Ticket without subscribing to YTTV. It’ll just cost more than if you bundle it together. Honestly you’re better off just getting the bundle for 4 months. Check this out:

As for MLB, personally I’d order the MLB.tv streaming product. Their app is the best, I’ve been buying that for years.

You’ll get ACC Network with YouTube TV, or if you keep DirecTV of course.

Easy peasy.
Agree with this.
I hold out until may and get MLB for $69 instead of $125.
Interestingly MLB Advanced Media OEM’s their streaming engine to NHL and maybe ESPN…

I'm actually happy about the CW. I have YTTV but live close enough to the CW tower I can easily pick it up OTA on demand to get it live versus 30 secs behind.

CW has an app...I assume we'll be able to watch games there too.

Just remember this mess was created almost 15 years ago by John Swofford helping Raycom and his son out of a pickle around 2010. The ACC has been leaving money on the table ever since. We'll see in 2027 if any new money will materialize.

Agree with this.
I hold out until may and get MLB for $69 instead of $125.
Interestingly MLB Advanced Media OEM’s their streaming engine to NHL and maybe ESPN…
Disney bought MLBAM years ago, that’s why.

Did the Raycom deal generally result in two gams on YES every week, one at noon and one later in the afternoon? If so and Cincy - Pitt is the first ACC game on the CW does that mean we escape a nooner against Western Michigan?

Did the Raycom deal generally result in two gams on YES every week, one at noon and one later in the afternoon? If so and Cincy - Pitt is the first ACC game on the CW does that mean we escape a nooner against Western Michigan?
I believe the deal was for 13 football games a season. That works out to about 1 game a week but army in the season, when the ACC plays so many home games OOC, there is so much inventory there occasionally has been a double header.

There is no game CW for week one so doubling up on week 2 makes up for that.

And yes, I believe the announcement that Pitt vs Cincy will be the first game televised means the SU-WMU game is not going to be a noon start. Not unless Pitt is starting their game around 8:30- 9 AM.

Looks like we are getting a 4 pm start or maybe a night game. Hoping it is a night game. Those are fun with the new roof and lighting.

I believe the deal was for 13 football games a season. That works out to about 1 game a week but army in the season, when the ACC plays so many home games OOC, there is so much inventory there occasionally has been a double header.

There is no game CW for week one so doubling up on week 2 makes up for that.

And yes, I believe the announcement that Pitt vs Cincy will be the first game televised means the SU-WMU game is not going to be a noon start. Not unless Pitt is starting their game around 8:30- 9 AM.

Looks like we are getting a 4 pm start or maybe a night game. Hoping it is a night game. Those are fun with the new roof and lighting.
And with JRHEETER !

I liked the old days when the question was “Is the game being televised?” Not, “How the hell do I get to watch the game?”

If the game was televised, you got to see it. If it wasn’t, you didn’t. Simple. Now every game is televised, but you can’t see them. Yay Progress!
Just think back to those old “blackout” rules that used to in play. Syracuse Gtown was not televised in Syracuse if the game wasn’t sold out.