Looking at 2020 recruiting | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Looking at 2020 recruiting

Helpfully BMK is going to spend a couple of days in the Cuse working with the bigs. He are a great anchor in the zone.

So, Elvir Ovcina (any coach who has played the position) should be on our short list of big men coaches, and should have fired Bernie Fine upon graduation.
My point was simply that if you have played the position you have an advantage. Bernie was an excellent coach but would have been even better if he had played the position he was coaching.

Why don't big men coach guards. I have never heard of having a center or a power forward working with the guards.

If it doesn't matter with big men than it shouldn't matter with guards.

My point was simply that if you have played the position you have an advantage. Bernie was an excellent coach but would have been even better if he had played the position he was coaching.
Total speculation.

Why don't big men coach guards. I have never heard of having a center or a power forward working with the guards.

If it doesn't matter with big men than it shouldn't matter with guards.

Why don’t schools hire centers or power forwards to coach big men?

Why don’t schools hire centers or power forwards to coach big men?
I was told by a big man that it has more to do with recruiting than coaching. 6'-10" walking into peoples living room can be intimidating.

Not sure I believe this but big guys believe their size works against them in there post playing days career.

I was told by a big man that it has more to do with recruiting than coaching. 6'-10" walking into peoples living room can be intimidating.

Not sure I believe this but big guys believe their size works against them in there post playing days career.

Recruiting is a huge part of the job, for sure.

Read an article that said the same thing.

John Thompson was able to do it, so big guys can recruit.

Do big guys like playing exclusively the zone? Do they like playing with all the other players throwing the ball around the perimeter then launching threes. Or watching our guards walk the ball up court to get into their pass around.

I’m a realist.

Who picks up for Hughes’ scoring next year? Braswell? Newton?

Buddy is scoring about what we can expect. Girard may score a little more but not much. Same with Dolezaj. And we know we aren’t getting much from the center position.

Maybe Quincy scores a bit more, but probably not more to offset the loss of Hughes.

It’s just an honest perspective.
Who picked up for what we lost last year?

How are PPG this year vs last? I don't think many felt this was going to happen with the players we lost.

Every year there are changes in individual abilities and teams.

Who picked up for what we lost last year?

How are PPG this year vs last? I don't think many felt this was going to happen with the players we lost.

Every year there are changes in individual abilities and teams.

No one has picked up for what we lost last year. Hughes is better, but the team has taken a step back. Next year, after Hughes leaves, we’ll take another step back.

No one has picked up for what we lost last year. Hughes is better, but the team has taken a step back. Next year, after Hughes leaves, we’ll take another step back.

This isn't true. We are worse defensively for sure, but last year the first 13 games we averaged 71.6ppg and this year it is 73.4 even with the 34 point Virginia debacle in there.

This isn't true. We are worse defensively for sure, but last year the first 13 games we averaged 71.6ppg and this year it is 73.4 even with the 34 point Virginia debacle in there.

I’m encouraged. We’re scoring 2 points more a game, but our defense is a lot worse.

We’re essentially the same team as last year without Brissett and Battle.

I’m encouraged. We’re scoring 2 points more a game, but our defense is a lot worse.

We’re essentially the same team as last year without Brissett and Battle.

And FWIW last year we gave up 61.5 and this year it is 65.2.

You have moved the goal posts so many times I'll just sit back and watch.

you grab that young man by the throat . put the pen on the table and say "SIGN". what's so hard about that ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom