Looks like JB doesn't know wt# he's talking abt | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Looks like JB doesn't know wt# he's talking abt

Jesse played well today wow people are harsh he also led the team in rebounding

How many of those rebounds were then immediately taken from him as soon as he landed on the ground?

I never thought I’d say this. Ever.

It’s time.

If he doesn’t go on his own.

Fire Boeheim.

He can go gracefully. Or he can go with discord. But he must go.

The ship has sunk.

I'm expecting the worst.

...like a mass exodus of player transfers at the end of this season, verbal recruit defections, and a patchwork threadbare team next year that will be the dregs of the league. Lost recruits and cupboards bare when he turns in the keys. Complete rebuild will be required.

Jessie and Kadary both have a long way to go. Kadary was 0-5 with five missed layups. He didn’t get back twice in the second half and gave up uncontested layups. Sure, he has great moves, but he gets little accomplished. Jessie needs to gain strength and just needs to play.

Jessie and Kadary both have a long way to go. Kadary was 0-5 with five missed layups. He didn’t get back twice in the second half and gave up uncontested layups. Sure, he has great moves, but he gets little accomplished. Jessie needs to gain strength and just needs to play.
by little gets accomplished, you mean the layups and wide open 3s?

he absolutely needs to finish better, I’ve been saying it for months

“Gets little accomplished”...lol.

3rd highest PER on the team. He’s been one of our most productive players per minute all year long. A couple of you go extra with the negative spin whenever he does anything wrong.

How many assists for easy dunks did he have today?

Yes, he’s gotta finish some of those and going 0-5...he left a lot of points on the floor. But 6 assists, many of them for very easy baskets after he did all the work to create the chance...that’s not accomplishing little.

Last edited:
How many of those rebounds were then immediately taken from him as soon as he landed on the ground?
You see what you want to see. If you couldn’t see he had a great game, especially for someone who gets no run and thought Marek should’ve played over him with his beyond pathetic performance, I don’t know what I can tel you.

jesse's +/- was +2. buddy was -14.

That is very useful data. Jesse should absolutely be playing shooting guard over BB. Look, this team sucks, Jesse isn't terrible but he's not ready to compete at this level. Buddy is ok, not great, not terrible. Everyone take pitiful shots (Griffin and Girard especially). We have no bigs at all. Gurrier has gone missing. Are all those things JBs fault? We must agree that yes they are, he is the man in charge. But at this point in time, we have on the roster what he have on the roster. I'm not sure what you expect him to do that would miraculously change how good this team is. It is mediocre to terrible. Period. Playing the lesser effective players will not make this team better. It might help for future years but that's not what you want, you want to win right now. So it is kind of funny that people want the coach fired because he plays his most effective players most of the minutes. Don't be confused "most effective" doesn't mean "very effective" - none of our players are very effective.

Kinda funny, the perception differences.

Marek was at center and didn’t sniff a rebound. Jesse gets his hands on some at least, but doesn’t complete them and somehow he’s less effective?

GT ran a clinic at the post position, getting any shot they wanted with Marek in the post. Jesse comes in and that pretty much stops, until end of game desperation scenarios. At least Jesse has a post presence. The game changed, even though he’s not developed enough to do things we expect of a typical SU center. Jesse still Made things far more difficult for GT. He’s not yet a “good“ player. And still he affects the game in a good way. And the only way for him to progress is to be in games like this, for extended stretches.

KaDary also had a poor showing, even though he did do some spectacular things and some less spectacular but necessary things. He made mistakes. So, I guess he’s not ready either?

Jesse is CLEARLY not ready to play. He had a few competent plays today. And many instances (like almost everytime he had the ball) where he was overpowered and had the ball taken from him or knocked out of bounds. Kadary was also not good today. Blew about 6 layups. Both of those players have a good future, particularly Kadary who I think will be a star. But you guys are fools to be acting this way.
He's more "ready" than anybody else on the roster at his position. Trying to jam a square peg into a round hole on top of our usual roll the ball out and hope for the best ™ predictability just doesn't cut it.

Jesse is CLEARLY not ready to play. He had a few competent plays today. And many instances (like almost everytime he had the ball) where he was overpowered and had the ball taken from him or knocked out of bounds. Kadary was also not good today. Blew about 6 layups. Both of those players have a good future, particularly Kadary who I think will be a star. But you guys are fools to be acting this way.
I have to agree with you BUT this deep in the season one has to ask WHY they are not ready to play?

Perhaps. I think like most of the situations with the roster though people don't look at it as an all or nothing proposition.

Jesse could contribute more as Marek is pretty weak himself at times. He doesn't need to eat up a ton of minutes, but could be used more.

Buddy could play less, because he's pretty weak at times. This doesn't mean there aren't game where he still can't play 40.

Etc...

I think he did enough to show that situationally he's not quite the epic disaster he was advertised as. I mean, everyone at the 5 is an epic disaster, but you know what I mean! :)

Can we play Woody? Seriously. Why can't we teach him how to practice more better!

Kadary gets little accomplished? Are you talking about this game or this season?

That is very useful data. Jesse should absolutely be playing shooting guard over BB. Look, this team sucks, Jesse isn't terrible but he's not ready to compete at this level. Buddy is ok, not great, not terrible. Everyone take pitiful shots (Griffin and Girard especially). We have no bigs at all. Gurrier has gone missing. Are all those things JBs fault? We must agree that yes they are, he is the man in charge. But at this point in time, we have on the roster what he have on the roster. I'm not sure what you expect him to do that would miraculously change how good this team is. It is mediocre to terrible. Period. Playing the lesser effective players will not make this team better. It might help for future years but that's not what you want, you want to win right now. So it is kind of funny that people want the coach fired because he plays his most effective players most of the minutes. Don't be confused "most effective" doesn't mean "very effective" - none of our players are very effective.
You don’t get it.

Let’s be clear: the 5 is an epic disaster this season. The fact that we have 3 centers on schollie behind Sidibe, and not one can get minutes because JB thinks they stink is such a damming indictment of his recruiting and development.

Edwards is not particularly good, but today he showed, again, that there may be some raw material there to work with. Why he hasn’t gotten 7-10 minutes a game this season is mind blowing. But JB decides things and that’s that.

It’s all exhausting and dumb.

And his tasteless comment that he threw out for the world to hear bashing me and his own player Jesse “that yeah Jesse would affect the game,,,,,but probably not in the right way”
Other than you, no one cares about what he said about you. Pat, none of this is about you. Jesse is a different story.

Today
His +2, 6 assists and head above shoulders better defense compared to Joe and Buddy day otherwise. For the good Joe did (10 points) he probably gave up 15 at a minimum on his turnovers, dumb and 1 fouls and poor defense.
We were down 9 when Kadary came in, what should’ve happened? Roll with buddy and Joe until we’re down 20 and play that piss poor press the rest of the game?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom