Looks like JB doesn't know wt# he's talking abt | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Looks like JB doesn't know wt# he's talking abt

Actually the entire quote is:

“If you hate a person, you hate something in him that is part of yourself. What isn't part of ourselves doesn't disturb us.”​

Hermann Hesse
Note all ‘quotes’ are true.
This one isn‘t even close.

The sad truth in this age of big time TV money is that the most important statistic is the only one that really matters: winning.
A great coach wins.

To the coach's credit he has never had a losing season.
Not in 45 seasons.
When you look around at all the other major programs...that's pretty amazing.

BUT...Syracuse has fallen big time in the past 6 or 7 seasons.
The Orange are not much of a worry, let alone feared.
They're just "eh"...
A few nice wins...some bad losses...but mostly "eh."
Just a middle of the pack bubble team.

That's not a winning program.
And unless a major part of your goal as a coach is to be a great teacher and molder of young men (which has never been something associated with Jim Boeheim) not winning enough is failing at the only stat that matters.
It's not wrong to expect more.
A lot more.

And unless a major part of your goal as a coach is to be a great teacher and molder of young men (which has never been something associated with Jim Boeheim)
Not sure it’s fair to make that assumption.

Coming back to this, if Jesse is clearly not ready, where does Marek stand? I’m beyond curious.

I'm not trying to die on a hill defending Marek or anyone else on this team. I think you're right - none of them would start on any decent SU team from the past. But by your statement, you are saying that if you were the GM of this team, you would trade away Marek to obtain Jesse? I doubt that you would.

Lmao this whole I’m going to call into the radio show thing is as dumb as anything I’ve seen in my couple of years on this website
Not like we can say "I'm not going to the games, I'll hit em in the wallet", now can we? Not saying calling the radio shows is the purest form of retribution for fans but it sure seems to be ruffling the feathers of a key person in the SU program now isn't it?

Not like we can say "I'm not going to the games, I'll hit em in the wallet", now can we? Not saying calling the radio shows is the purest form of retribution for fans but it sure seems to be ruffling the feathers of a key person in the SU program now isn't it?
Whatever makes people feel important I suppose

I never thought I’d say this. Ever.

It’s time.

If he doesn’t go on his own.

Fire Boeheim.

He can go gracefully. Or he can go with discord. But he must go.

The ship has sunk.
I'm 64 years old and totally agree. Followed since Danforth. Grew up in cny Phoenix. Have always been a Boeheim apologist when for years my pals have wanted him out. I never thought I'd see the day when he'd sacrifice the team. It's not so much that he plays Buddy, but it's that we may have lost recruits because they know they'll sit behind him.

I'm not trying to die on a hill defending Marek or anyone else on this team. I think you're right - none of them would start on any decent SU team from the past. But by your statement, you are saying that if you were the GM of this team, you would trade away Marek to obtain Jesse? I doubt that you would.
I think if Jesse played from the start of the year he would be a good defender and the yips with his hands would be gone. I know what I’m getting with Marek and to be honest, as a 5, I would get rid of him immediately.

Marek getting in foul trouble is the only reason we are not down 20 - Jesse entirely changed the game - and then we start Marek second half all while not starting Griffin
I am sorry to say but coaches stubbornness is killing this team

Whatever makes people feel important I suppose
I think of it as whatever makes ppl feel like they can have an opinion I suppose. Any time someone has an opinion they'd like to express and share with others- to you that means it comes from a selfish or narcissistic place?

Gotta wonder about the ability of a coach to lead a program when he's affected by what a radio talk show caller says about him. Mr. Wildhack, are you watching?

That is very useful data. Jesse should absolutely be playing shooting guard over BB. Look, this team sucks, Jesse isn't terrible but he's not ready to compete at this level. Buddy is ok, not great, not terrible. Everyone take pitiful shots (Griffin and Girard especially). We have no bigs at all. Gurrier has gone missing. Are all those things JBs fault? We must agree that yes they are, he is the man in charge. But at this point in time, we have on the roster what he have on the roster. I'm not sure what you expect him to do that would miraculously change how good this team is. It is mediocre to terrible. Period. Playing the lesser effective players will not make this team better. It might help for future years but that's not what you want, you want to win right now. So it is kind of funny that people want the coach fired because he plays his most effective players most of the minutes. Don't be confused "most effective" doesn't mean "very effective" - none of our players are very effective.
According to BOTH the standard advance metrics and Steve’s metrics we have four players above average. Above average in comparing them to past Syracuse talent and conference talent

Judging by what I saw from Jesse Edwards in that first half against Georgia Tech, I think it's safe to say that Jim Boeheim is straight up clueless. He has constantly said this kid is not ready to play in his sophomore year, and what I just saw is the complete antithesis to that statement. This coach has eroded the development of this team and individuals within it due to his stubbornness and lack of foresight. I am amazed at how a person who is constantly referred to here as a hall of famer can be so epically WRONG about basketball.

Trust me I'm not basing this post on one half of basketball. This is just one example of my point. Marek can now play the 4, and our wings can be that much more focused on their spots and rotations within the zone. The zone all hinges on the center position. With Sidibe out he should have been getting Jesse the experience he needed earlier in the season. Instead he purposely kept him out partly so he wouldn't be proven wrong. Terrible.
Spot on

Then our AD needs to go too. He overseas the athletics. If he doesn’t have the balls to make a move when it’s warranted, then we need a new AD.
Good lord, don't be daft. The man who has been a part of the university for nearly 50 years and you want to toss him out like yesterdays trash... You know that is not a possibility and will never happen.

You think the the AD isn't painfully aware of the programs downward trend and likely isn't getting bombarded with emails and letters from frustrated fans?

Yes, let's fire the coach and the AD the year the program had 3 Covid pauses, played in front of no fans, half (or more) of the team along with the coach contracted Covid, and the team played rec league scheduling to just find teams to play for a portion of the season. Yeah, that seems like really sound logic and judgement.

Good lord, don't be daft. The man who has been a part of the university for nearly 50 years and you want to toss him out like yesterdays trash... You know that is not a possibility and will never happen.

You think the the AD isn't painfully aware of the programs downward trend and likely isn't getting bombarded with emails and letters from frustrated fans?

Yes, let's fire the coach and the AD the year the program had 3 Covid pauses, played in front of no fans, half (or more) of the team along with the coach contracted Covid, and the team played rec league scheduling to just find teams to play for a portion of the season. Yeah, that seems like really sound logic and judgement.
JBs more focused on defending his narrative than winning games. His insecurities are dictating his behavior more and more as he ages.

JBs more focused on defending his narrative than winning games. His insecurities are dictating his behavior more and more as he ages.
Unfortunately, I do not disagree with that observation at all.

The discussion has to be had. Idc what the boosters say. Wildhack needs to begin a transition project. This program was very good to elite and in a handful of years, they've become average at best. I don't get mad watching SU anymore. It's not worth the expending the energy to do so.
JB will go when he wants to.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom