Looks like JB doesn't know wt# he's talking abt | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Looks like JB doesn't know wt# he's talking abt

The posters here are truly the masters of molding numbers to fit their argument. On all sides. It's fun to read honestly. Can't hate, but I can't take much of it seriously anymore. The majority here have drawn a line in the sand on where they stand, and refuse to see things differently. No matter what happens in each game.
What numbers would you like to use? Our record? We’re a bad team plain and simple.

Yeah I root hard every game, but wasn’t about to let that game ruin my Saturday like I would have 5-10 years ago. Too many other things to get angry about in life.
I hear you. I use to think we would win every game. I don’t expect to win these games anymore. I certainly don’t expect to beat either NC or Clemson next week. It tells you how far the expectations have fallen in this program. The talent level all over the court is below average. We don’t have one complete guard on this roster. Two can’t beat anyone off the dribble or create for anyone else and the other can’t shoot. Our forwards are soft and can’t/won’t play defense, yet they continue to play big minutes. I’m not even going to talk about the centers. At some point, this entire coaching staff needs to be held accountable. This team is probably going to finish outside the top ten in the ACC, and we only have one player coming in next year. There’s not much to look forward to next year.

Jesse played as well as he could, which wasn't too bad. He has a long way to go though to be a competent center.

More weight, more strength and more experience. He has real potential.

Does anyone remember what Christmas looked like in his second year?

Outside of a few, it takes until at least their junior year for our bigs to be ready to take on the lead role. And until their senior year to become an advantage, a la Rak. Love him, or hate him, that's the JB way. He would rather go down with undersized Marek than inexperienced Jesse.

What numbers would you like to use? Our record? We’re a bad team plain and simple.

People just tend to pick and choose what numbers they use to help their argument. And like I said, on all sides, so it's not directed at anyone in particular.

JB's style has been to talk down players and they fight to prove him wrong and build up stronger. Today's player is different and doesn't respond to JB's belittling style. Maybe he should treat all the players like he does Buddy.

Coming back to this, if Jesse is clearly not ready, where does Marek stand? I’m beyond curious.
Marek has done a great job this year in a position he was never meant to play. He may be the smartest and in many ways, the most talented player on the team.

If you think he has problems, it's only because you think he should be an all ACC player.

Who says that? No one.

kal penn laughing GIF by ABC Network

People just tend to pick and choose what numbers they use to help their argument. And like I said, on all sides, so it's not directed at anyone in particular.
Occam’s broom

Who says that? No one.
Actually the entire quote is:

“If you hate a person, you hate something in him that is part of yourself. What isn't part of ourselves doesn't disturb us.”​

Hermann Hesse

Marek has done a great job this year in a position he was never meant to play. He may be the smartest and in many ways, the most talented player on the team.

If you think he has problems, it's only because you think he should be an all ACC player.
It's his 4th year playing C. Let's not pretend he's been thrust into it this season by surprise.
Think how much better this team would be with Jesse/JBA at the 5, Marek at the 4 and a rotation of QG, AG, BB, Brad and Woody at the 3, KR as the main 1 and a 2 rotation of JG, BB and AG.
It would allow us the flexibility to counter every defense we've faced with different matchups. We might have lost a couple of the wins we got early, but we would have beaten some of the teams we lost too and we would be a better team right now, imo.

Actually the entire quote is:

“If you hate a person, you hate something in him that is part of yourself. What isn't part of ourselves doesn't disturb us.”​

Hermann Hesse
It's still not 100%. I hate a certain person who has absolutely none of my character faults because he is an absolutely despicable human being. Maybe the only similarity is we both seemingly love the color orange, but I wouldn't hate him for that.

It's his 4th year playing C. Let's not pretend he's been thrust into it this season by surprise.
Think how much better this team would be with Jesse/JBA at the 5, Marek at the 4 and a rotation of QG, AG, BB, Brad and Woody at the 3, KR as the main 1 and a 2 rotation of JG, BB and AG.
It would allow us the flexibility to counter every defense we've faced with different matchups. We might have lost a couple of the wins we got early, but we would have beaten some of the teams we lost too and we would be a better team right now, imo.
Sure, he knows how to play the position. That's not the issue. And I agree he should be at the 4.

He's been forced to play that position if JB is going to put his best players on the floor.

One thing is for sure; JB will never have to worry about tempering expectations again. I think mine may be permanently tempered so long as he is the coach. I hope I'm wrong, though.
We are becoming Notre Dame.

Jesse played as well as he could, which wasn't too bad. He has a long way to go though to be a competent center.

More weight, more strength and more experience. He has real potential.

Does anyone remember what Christmas looked like in his second year?

Every one of our players needs more strength. S and C sucks.

This team is soft physically and mentally.

He’d be lucky to get 10 minutes a game on pretty much any Syracuse team the past 12 years. I don’t expect him to be all Acc, but outside of being a good passing bigger guy, he does nothing above average. He is what he is and I hope he moves on after the year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom