Louisville Game POSTPONED (again) | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Louisville Game POSTPONED (again)

I'm going to watch what happens with Lville closely. If they turnaround and put a nearly full roster at UNC that screams foul to me that they just didn't want to play because of being down a guy or two that reduced their chances to win and make the tourney. That is total speculation so I know nothing but just saying we better see @UNC cancelled too.

Last edited:
No play is better than a loss and worse than a win. just means ND even means more. was hoping for 4-2.. 4-1 would look even better.
I disagree if we had the quality wins then we wouldn’t need the game.
If we lost atleast we got a chance to get the quality win.
A no game means we have even less chances to get into the tournament.

I thought they were ranked in the top 20? I understand that isnt RPI but I would have guessed they would have been higher RPI than 30. That sucks. I really thought we had one.

• Quadrant 1: Home games vs. RPI teams ranked in the top 30; neutral games vs. 1-50; away games vs. 1-75.

It‘s NET now, not RPI.

I disagree if we had the quality wins then we wouldn’t need the game.
If we lost atleast we got a chance to get the quality win.
A no game means we have even less chances to get into the tournament.
The question will be how much we will get punished for the 5 or 6 games we missed if we are on the cut line

What sucks is they are in the field of 64 and we are not. How is that right? They have been shut down more than any other teams from what I can tell. And they have been all their guys too.

I'm going to watch what happens with Lville closely. If they turnaround and put a nearly full roster at UNC that screams foul to me that they just didn't want to play because of being down a guy or two that reduced their chances to win and make the tourney. That is total speculation so I know no nothing but just saying we better see @UNC cancelled too.
If they play UNC they better get their asses up to Syracuse next Thursday for a makeup.
Make UL go Tuesday-Thursday-Saturday next week.

The question will be how much we will get punished for the 5 or 6 games we missed if we are on the cut line
Of course we will.
It sucks but the committee isn’t going to put us in unless we have the wins to deserve it.

I agree but there are remedies that could be done.
Just pair the programs up whose games get cancelled that are healthy.

Georgia Tech and Syracuse could get into the tournament and bring more money to the entire conference.

The NBA announced games on the fly Chicago-Detroit and Denver-Cleveland because of what happened to the Spurs and Hornets.

Think there's a lot more red tape with the ncaa (not meaning that negatively, just more hurdles because of what you are dealing with) than the NBA.

I mean, that last week before the conference tourney should be a "pickup game week" to make up games.

Of course we will.
It sucks but the committee isn’t going to put us in unless we have the wins to deserve it.
So right now Minnesota is 1 ahead of us in the NET. They are 13-8 overall (we are 12-6). They are 4-7 in Q1s, we are 0-4 but have had 3 cancelled. Will be interesting

If they play UNC they better get their asses up to Syracuse next Thursday for a makeup.
Make UL go Tuesday-Thursday-Saturday next week.

I guarantee that won’t happen. They won‘t play 3 games during the week. I would just accept this as another canceled game.

The conference should ditch conference tourney week and instead tell the coaches they will make up any canceled games to level the playing field here.

The fact that nothing happens to teams who don't do their part to avoid COVID blows. Maybe they should get an L for every positive occurrence, although we would get one too. Instead, teams that are being responsible get punished. That doesn't make sense. If the NCAA wanted to do the right thing, they would push the tournament back and allow teams to make up some/all of their games (within reason of course). However, it's more about the money grab to them.

If we win our remaining 4 games I believe that we will finish very well in BPI and NET ... but our quality wins won’t be there

Oh, for the love of...

And this is exhibit A as to why its been hard to take this season seriously. I mean I know it counts, and its a great distraction in our Covid-ridden times, but just how vested can one be when you're not even sure when, where, and whom you're gonna play?
My love for SU basketball means that I want them to win no matter what. But overall, this is just a drawn-out exhibition season. JMHO

Last edited:
not shut down. The servers here and the boneyard crashed.
Yeah, Bees...riiiight.

1613590845073.png

At this point it's just hard to get excited about the season. I live for March Madness, whether we're in it or not, and I feel indifferent about it at this point. Sucks.

Hopefully this we don't have to worry about this bs by September.

This season is a sht show. At least they did right and gave the players an extra year if they want it.
Right... which means we get JG and Buddy for an extra year but no one else might take advantage of it lol

They are going to have to give some thought to how unbalanced the schedules ended up being. FSU has played 3 road games and 12 home games. UNC has played 6 at home and 9 on the road. We have played 11 at home and 7 on the road. UVA 9 at home 7 on the road. It's all over the place. FSU sticks out like a sore thumb here especially.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom