Louisville Game POSTPONED (again) | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Louisville Game POSTPONED (again)

This is getting way ahead of ourselves but what happens next season etc? We still going to be testing everyone forever? Vaccines etc is risk mitigation only.

This is getting way ahead of ourselves but what happens next season etc? We still going to be testing everyone forever? Vaccines etc is risk mitigation only.
I have read by July the virus will be “contained”.
It will never go away but the vaccine will help things get back to normal.
200 million more doses will be distributed by then.
If we get to 75% vaccinated then herd immunity should kick in.

I think next season’s college football will have crowds.

I will say if the ACC does nothing today to amend the schedule they don’t give a chit about helping their teams.

Their are so many easy remedies if they have even an ounce of ingenuity to think about them.
I have zero faith in the ACC doing anything to reschedule things - unless the team in question is located in one of the Carolinas.

The fact that nothing happens to teams who don't do their part to avoid COVID blows. Maybe they should get an L for every positive occurrence, although we would get one too. Instead, teams that are being responsible get punished. That doesn't make sense. If the NCAA wanted to do the right thing, they would push the tournament back and allow teams to make up some/all of their games (within reason of course). However, it's more about the money grab to them.
I suggested to people earlier today before today got cancelled that the game should have been played in Syracuse today and not Louisville. They had to cancel the first time and yet they were gonna get the home court tonight? Obviously this is moot now.

It is going to be interesting. Question is what number of new cases will be considered the back to normal number? If we are at less than 10k a day by June with 50 pct vaccination etc do we open up ? This summer and fall are going to be a major test for he we handle sports going forward.

I have zero faith in the ACC doing anything to reschedule things - unless the team in question is located in one of the Carolinas.
Well guess what Louisville is scheduled to face North Carolina on Saturday. So we will see.
The Commissioner isn’t a Carolina guy I think it will change starting next year.

Yeah in all honesty conference tournaments should be canceled in favor of make up games. There’s already been rumours and talks of teams that are locks for the big dance to pull out of their conference tournaments. Make teams make up games they were SCHEDULED to play. It’s ridiculous that teams like the orange have had game after game canceled, with none of it coming from their own team.

Yeah in all honesty conference tournaments should be canceled in favor of make up games. There’s already been rumours and talks of teams that are locks for the big dance to pull out of their conference tournaments. Make teams make up games they were SCHEDULED to play. It’s ridiculous that teams like the orange have had game after game canceled, with none of it coming from their own team.
I already said they should do the conference tournament as normal but allow eliminated teams to play consolation makeup games during the conference tournament.
All the teams will be there non travel, you get the TV money from ESPN for the conference tournament and get double dip.

Teams like Louisville that have had now what (FIVE?) Pauses should just be shut down for the season or something. It’s kinda getting out of hand at this point. When does it become a point where they’re not doing enough/ following enough protocol? I’m generally curious because this seems ridiculous at this point when a team has that many pauses and cases.
UL has now clinched the NC. They are the COVID kings! Yay!

Maybe selection committee will feel bad that all these opportunities have been postponed and will throw us a bone by putting us in the play-in game (probably not though).

Maybe selection committee will feel bad that all these opportunities have been postponed and will throw us a bone by putting us in the play-in game (probably not though).
The committee should not even consider outlaw schools with no controls or real attempts to contain COVID. 5 outbreaks are enough to prove they cannot be trusted and do not deserve to be considered for the NCAA tournament.

We will take their place.

Shout out to Jim Boeheim, who regularly ate out at restaurants when they reopened earlier this year to get his Covid case out of the way before the season.

It’s too bad most of our conference’s coaches and players don’t care about the fans as much as JB and ended up ruining things for everyone by testing positive during the season.

Second. As far as the tournament goes we cant be penalized for games we didnt play because of positives in other programs.

You're right, we "shouldn't" get penalized but we can and are. Unfortunately, it's just the way it is with the conference not thinking creatively about how teams can make up their games. Sucks for sure.

I'm frustrated. Louisville not thinking about our team that is already traveled in for the game.
If Louisville wasn’t thinking about our team they wouldn’t announce this positive till after we played and put our players at risk.

I am frustrated but am offering remedies.
Not screaming about Covid and science.
Stop bringing politics into this.

Unbelievable. So we lost 3 games that would have been chances for big wins for our resume (Ville 2x, FSU) and 2 games that we probably would have won (ND, Wake)
You forgot Clemson at home! Another postponed game that hasn’t been rescheduled.

Either that or they had more positive tests pop up

If they have five, they should be forced to play. This is BS that we are losing a home game and second game to them being sloppy.

Last edited:
We have an opening between after the Duke game Monday and Georgia Tech game Saturday I implore JB and the AD to find a game in between there now.
Schedule a Louisville game fof next Thursday and play it at SU.
It’s infuriating the way they just sit on their hands and let the ACC office dictate crap. They need to be advocating for makeup games.

do the rapid testing right up to game time.. and then test again at the half.. very very small chance anyone gets sick in that 1 hr window to have an effect on anyone in a game.. its basketball.. if they have to play with 5 thats they way it is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom