Lydon on Draft Express | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Lydon on Draft Express

But I believe he will be a first round pick so it would be going against what I believe in. My point is that he won't acknowledge that he could be a 2nd round pick, which I dont understand how that is possible.
You said an hour ago that you thought it was 50/50. He offered you 2-1 odds that Lydon would fall to the 2nd round. If you really believe that 50/50 reflects reality, you should take the bet.

as a GM i'm thinking is this a weapon i truly need on my team. and for how much. bottom line.

The best part of this thread is seeing a assertive statement made, statement gets some betting odds slapped on it and things get really real, and... well statement assertiveness changes once that happens, haha. I wish this happened more on the board!Popcorn and soda

The best part of this thread is seeing a assertive statement made, statement gets some betting odds slapped on it and things get really real, and... well statement assertiveness changes once that happens, haha. I wish this happened more on the board!Popcorn and soda

I just want my man Brian to put his money where his mouth is. I'll put up $300 for $100 of his money. The value is there, but he knows that Lydon will go 1st round deep down. He's hoping not, and hedging without betting. He can be right either way with the 50/50.

If he slips late 20's then Brian will say see, he almost went 2nd round. He should have stayed, and improved his stock. Cause, you know, that always happens. He's a toss up for the 1st round, and making a bad choice, etc. Eventually he will end up in Europe, yet people want him back. Oh, I forgot that if he comes back, then he won't end up in Europe, of course. It's hilarious to me.

I just want my man Brian to put his money where his mouth is. I'll put up $300 for $100 of his money. The value is there, but he knows that Lydon will go 1st round deep down. He's hoping not, and hedging without betting. He can be right either way with the 50/50.

If he slips late 20's then Brian will say see, he almost went 2nd round. He should have stayed, and improved his stock. Cause, you know, that always happens. He's a toss up for the 1st round, and making a bad choice, etc. Eventually he will end up in Europe, yet people want him back. Oh, I forgot that if he comes back, then he won't end up in Europe, of course. It's hilarious to me.

At 3-1 I might jump on that as I think hes going to go in the 20s and could without question go in the 30s. To act like thats impossible is just internet message board nonsense.

Any chance robey is able to play off shore

I have no doubt he will get an opportunity somewhere oversea. Most guys who have had any kind of substantial role with us have found something if they wanted it.

I hope Roberson can find a paycheck playing ball, dude has athleticism and with the right tutor could still evolve his game. He had some of my favorite SU dunks of all time.

Think Robey is one of those guys that is far far far better than he showed in college. Monster athleticism, wrong system. He'll make money playing basketball somewhere.

Roby will get a paying gig somewhere. His new coach will tell him to stop shooting jumpers, play inside 10' feet and crash the glass. If he does that he will be successful.

Seth Davis put out his annual article where he talks to 5 NBA scouts and combines their comments into "one person's thoughts":

Tyler Lydon, 6’9” sophomore forward, Syracuse
“He’s a big-time sleeper to me. Can really shoot it. Knows how to play. His body needs work, but that shows me how much better he can get. A great shooter with elite range. He has decent bounce. Coming out of Syracuse, you’re not sure what he’s going to be able to do defensively. Hard-working kid. He had a high body fat at the combine, but when I saw him at a workout later on, his body looked better. I heard the Syracuse coaches had to tell him to shoot.”

Finch Returns to Dish on NBA Prospects – Seth’s Draft House

It doesn't get any more real than an internet bet!

I thought Tyler would be a lock for the 1st round; but he isn't on almost any mock drafts. Don't know how you can say "lock" when it would be a out of the blue pick for him to go 1st round...

I thought Tyler would be a lock for the 1st round; but he isn't on almost any mock drafts. Don't know how you can say "lock" when it would be a out of the blue pick for him to go 1st round...

Wouldn't be out of the blue but it sure seems like 50/50 is a pretty accurate assessment but as always there has to be people on here who know absolutely zero for certain that choose to speak in fact. Its by far the thing that drives me completely nuts.

Wouldn't be out of the blue but it sure seems like 50/50 is a pretty accurate assessment but as always there has to be people on here who know absolutely zero for certain that choose to speak in fact. Its by far the thing that drives me completely nuts.

I guess someone could say the same about people who cherry pick every mock draft that is published that don't have him going in the first round.

Axe did an article that I attached that 9 out of 15 mocks had him going in the first round, but all you ever see here are the ones that point out otherwise. Also he's working out for the Pistons next week which is extremely interesting to me as they pick 12th. He's also got 4 or 5 other workouts setup with teams picking in the first round. I'm not guaranteeing he goes first because you never know what can happen, but the evidence strongly suggests he will more likely be picked in the first than the second.

Can basically go anywhere. Tons of Pistons trade rumors so they could end up picking anywhere. Team like Portland has 3 late 1sts and there is basically no chance whatsoever they are picking 3 guys to join their 15 man roster next year, so picks are going to move around, especially in the 20s where Tyler is likely to go. Then add in at least 3 or 4 europeans or draft and stash types and there is just no certainty at all. Anyone saying there is, is just as full of crap as the people guaranteeing he's going in the 2nd round as if they have any idea about anything either.

Can basically go anywhere. Tons of Pistons trade rumors so they could end up picking anywhere. Team like Portland has 3 late 1sts and there is basically no chance whatsoever they are picking 3 guys to join their 15 man roster next year, so picks are going to move around, especially in the 20s where Tyler is likely to go. Then add in at least 3 or 4 europeans or draft and stash types and there is just no certainty at all. Anyone saying there is, is just as full of crap as the people guaranteeing he's going in the 2nd round as if they have any idea about anything either.

You do know these mock drafts have Europeans projected right? It's not like they ignore the European market.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom