Noah Vonleh
Rondae Hollis-Jefferson
Wayne Selden
Nerlens Noel
Anthony Davis

Big time enough for you?

where did they end up playing.. that's my point

where did they end up playing.. that's my point

Every big time recruit gets interest from duke, Kansas, unc, Kentucky, Louisville but not Syracuse. why the hell not? oh yeah that's right, we're going after kids like Patterson and Johnson. what a joke

Your point was that Syracuse never bothered to recruit these kids.

Fact is, we scouted these kids, we recruited these kids, and we offered these kids. We just didn't close.

Not closing isn't the same thing as not wanting.

In our program 3-star talent will eventually transfer or ride the bench for life. If they are contributors either we have a hidden gem (moten) or we're in deep trouble.

Like the deep trouble we got into with Hakim Warrick (whose jersey will be hanging in the rafters one day)? Or the big trouble we got into with Brandon Triche running our offense? In fact, I seem to remember one of our worst classes was actually ranked one of our best ever (T-Rob, Watkins, etc.)

what the heck are we recruiting 3 star recruits for? i dont care how sensitive some people on here are about these "kids". I was banned 3 times for being critical for bj johnson and now the kid isn't in the program! instead wisc and duke are playing tomorrow night and we are getting ready for a season with obokah smh...every single recruit that comes here better be able to make an impact right away or Adios. getting sick of these project kids. Johnson went to lasalle and Patterson went to some mid level school. gee I wonder why! recruits probably know Syracuse only goes after "sure things" so they stay away. Every big time recruit gets interest from duke, Kansas, unc, Kentucky, Louisville but not Syracuse. why the hell not? oh yeah that's right, we're going after kids like Patterson and Johnson. what a joke
No wonder you get banned. Of course we try to get 4 and 5 star recruits and many of them don't work out either. That doesn't mean there aren't excellent three-star recruits who are worthy of playing for us (Warrick, Triche, Onuaku, Southerland, Rautins, etc). Please proceed with your general hysteria and trite name-calling.

hoopsupstate said:
I think it's safe to say there will be major changes next year. This roster is looking quite a bit different than we anticipated back in January. The bigs we have now are the bigs we're going to have for the next two years. With ZERO shot blockers on next year's team, JB has to adjust and play some man to man. We have no shot blocking forwards anywhere on this roster and no shot blocking centers. This team will also struggle to rebound out of the zone. JB has to relent and play man to man next year. I have always been pro-zone, but I don't see how this team can win playing zone. We will have more lineup flexibility if we play man too. With TB going to IU it might allow us three recruits for next year. I'm assuming we might get the three reduced to two. I think it's important to get three next year for roster balance. If we lose out on Battle, SU's perception around the country might change. If we sign Battle, everyone will know we're going to stay in the hunt for top talent. Battle no longer needs to wait to commit, since we know we have at least two scholarships open for next year. In a perfect world, maybe Giles wants to leave home like TB and decides to come north. I'm not sure what other bigs SU is persuing.

Stopped reading at "man to man".

I still say he's going back to this:
Jim%20Boehiem2-Syracuse%20reduced.bmp

Juli won't let him out of the house looking like that...assuming she didn't burn all those jackets when she married JB.

He's got one outfit hidden away I'm sure!

we need to stop recruiting scrubs like obokah, BJ, Patterson etc if we want to be elite. one championship is a red flag for an "elite program". i'll bleed orange till the day I die but doesn't mean I cant be critical of the program. clearly something isn't working
Why do you go on calling the players names like scrubs? It's not like you can play better than bj (Or OG) on any given day. If you bleed orange then you would realize that bj stats equate or was better than a lot of second year players when given significant meaningful minutes. Check the beginning first seven games where he averaged about 7ppg and 7rpg and you'll see in the last 4 of seven games when given meaningful time 11ppg and 4rpg against. Occ v ACC. Not too bad for a scrub when given the minutes consistently. Oh and I'll add virginia as well although he scored 3pts. He was a huge part of the first 12 minutes when we were up on them. If you look at the Pitt game when bj was on the floor SU was always in the plus category. Bj is not a scrub by no stretch of your warped basketball mind.

Respectfully disagree, Obokoh was a 3 star, not sure about BJ and Patterson. I think most of SUs bball recruits are 4-5 stars. Our incoming frosh are all 4-5 stars as well.
See my post in section 3 and later posts in this thread. Also how was the 2013 class rated 6th with all those 3stars?

what the heck are we recruiting 3 star recruits for? i dont care how sensitive some people on here are about these "kids". I was banned 3 times for being critical for bj johnson and now the kid isn't in the program! instead wisc and duke are playing tomorrow night and we are getting ready for a season with obokah smh...every single recruit that comes here better be able to make an impact right away or Adios. getting sick of these project kids. Johnson went to lasalle and Patterson went to some mid level school. gee I wonder why! recruits probably know Syracuse only goes after "sure things" so they stay away. Every big time recruit gets interest from duke, Kansas, unc, Kentucky, Louisville but not Syracuse. why the hell not? oh yeah that's right, we're going after kids like Patterson and Johnson. what a joke

You might consider switching to decaf ...

You say LaSalle as if the school does not have rich tradition. But you probably wouldn't know anything about that so let me help you out: hope I don't loose you. One NC, NIT CHIP, produced 3 NPOY, (most recently a teammate of mine.) 2 academic all Americans who were also teammates of mine. Top 6th man in the county and arguably the best the big 5 has produced in it's existence. While playing at LaSalle we beat nationally ranked teams such as FSU with Tharon Mayes, George mccloud, OSU with Jim Jackson, treg lee and perry carter, FL w/ Dwayne schnitzus, Davis and chapman, SC w/ the Dozier twins, Nova 4x with West and co. Temple with Macon, hodge, causwell, Strickland. NE w/ the late Reggie Lewis, MISS STw/ clearance Witherspoon. NDw/ Laphonso Ellis. We played NC home and away and lost in close ones so that they didn't want to playus the third time and choosing Townsend st. Along with long list of others. We ruled the MAAC 3 consecutive seasons. We won 100 games in my four seasons finishing off a career at 30-2. So the next time you mention LaSalle say it with respect!!!!

You say LaSalle as if the school does not have rich tradition. But you probably wouldn't know anything about that so let me help you out: hope I don't loose you. One NC, NIT CHIP, produced 3 NPOY, (most recently a teammate of mine.) 2 academic all Americans who were also teammates of mine. Top 6th man in the county and arguably the best the big 5 has produced in it's existence. While playing at LaSalle we beat nationally ranked teams such as FSU with Tharon Mayes, George mccloud, OSU with Jim Jackson, treg lee and perry carter, FL w/ Dwayne schnitzus, Davis and chapman, SC w/ the Dozier twins, Nova 4x with West and co. Temple with Macon, hodge, causwell, Strickland. NE w/ the late Reggie Lewis, MISS STw/ clearance Witherspoon. NDw/ Laphonso Ellis. We played NC home and away and lost in close ones so that that didn't want to playus the third time and choosing Townsend st. We ruled the MAAC 3 consecutive seasons. We won 100 games in my four seasons finishing off a career at 30-2. So the next time you mention LaSalle say it with respect!!!!

I think i can speak for 99.6 percent of the fanbase. We enjoyed watching BJ play and will root for the kid no matter where he is playing. Just wonder what a redshirt yr would have done for him, he def had the skillset to be all conference if he bulked up a tad.

I think i can speak for 99.6 percent of the fanbase. We enjoyed watching BJ play and will root for the kid no matter where he is playing. Just wonder what a redshirt yr would have done for him, he def had the skillset to be all conference if he bulked up a tad.
Go back to my post about 3/4 days ago or so.

Syracuse had interest in
Jahlil Okafor
Isaiah Whitehead
Noah Vonleh
Rondae Hollis-Jefferson
Wayne Selden
Nerlens Noel
Anthony Davis

Big time enough for you?
You forgot to add that at least some of these kids had more than a passing interest in SU. I believe "high" is the way that recruiting sights put it. At least with Nerlens Noel, it came down to UK and SU. With Bryant, SU was in the last 4.

Like the deep trouble we got into with Hakim Warrick (whose jersey will be hanging in the rafters one day)? Or the big trouble we got into with Brandon Triche running our offense? In fact, I seem to remember one of our worst classes was actually ranked one of our best ever (T-Rob, Watkins, etc.)
This sounds like the arguments I see on the football board. "But our 3 -star recruits are always better than most 3 star recruits".

Brandon Triche didn't exactly light the world on fire, the Final 4 run in his senior year that was fueled by a top flight recruit in MCW clouds a lot of issues he had here.

Hakim Warrick and Andy Rautins were definitely gems.

I loved Southerland but he wasn't anything more than an athletic 3rd option.

This is really a non-issue because we don't recruit 3 stars for the most part and if we do, we'll be a middle-bottom of the pack ACC team more often than not.

This sounds like the arguments I see on the football board. "But our 3 -star recruits are always better than most 3 star recruits".

Brandon Triche didn't exactly light the world on fire, the Final 4 run in his senior year that was fueled by a top flight recruit in MCW clouds a lot of issues he had here.

This is really a non-issue because we don't recruit 3 stars for the most part and if we do, we'll be a middle-bottom of the pack ACC team more often than not.

You are putting words in my mouth, and basketball and football recruiting are apples and oranges. The statement made was that if any 3-star recruit ends up playing major minutes on our team, then that most likely means we are in trouble. I proved that statement wrong, using two players that covered an 8 year period. So I guess we weren't screwed then. Our worst years in the last 10 years involved teams full of 4 and 5 star recruits, McDonald's All-Americans, etc.

You are under-rating Triche. Look at the record compiled during his 4 years. Obviously, there was talent around him, but he was the only one who played (and contributed) during all 4 years of the most successful run in the team's history.

Why do you go on calling the players names like scrubs? It's not like you can play better than bj (Or OG) on any given day. If you bleed orange then you would realize that bj stats equate or was better than a lot of second year players when given significant meaningful minutes. Check the beginning first seven games where he averaged about 7ppg and 7rpg and you'll see in the last 4 of seven games when given meaningful time 11ppg and 4rpg against. Occ v ACC. Not too bad for a scrub when given the minutes consistently. Oh and I'll add virginia as well although he scored 3pts. He was a huge part of the first 12 minutes when we were up on them. If you look at the Pitt game when bj was on the floor SU was always in the plus category. Bj is not a scrub by no stretch of your warped basketball mind.

dude enough already. I don't mean anything personal towards the players but I expect excellence on the court. I can be critical of any player any time I want. good luck at lasalle best wishes

Look, "dude". It clearly escapes you, but calling a player - in any sport, at any level - a scrub is VERY personal. Especially to said player and his family. Oh, and "critical" isn't quite the same as "rude and disrespectful". Try to learn some manners before you continue to embarrass yourself on a public forum. Better yet, just ban yourself.

OGBJ, such trolls obviously don't represent the fanbase. Best of luck to BJ, and thanks for the LaSalle history lesson (knew it was a storied program of course ;))

dude enough already. I don't mean anything personal towards the players but I expect excellence on the court. I can be critical of any player any time I want. good luck at lasalle best wishes
You have such high standards Dude, Champ, Bud, Sport, Bro, Big Guy, Chief, Kiddo, Pal. It takes a real man like you to call out players directly to their family members. Well done.

what the heck are we recruiting 3 star recruits for?

the best team that Syracuse ever fielded was led by former 3 star recruits Andy Rautins & Arinze Onuaku and former 2 star Wes Johnson. Kris Joseph & Brandon Triche were rated 3 stars by Riv@ls and ended up being the winningest players in program history. BMK was a 3 star recruit. And those are just the most recent examples.

you spot the talent you think will work in your system & then try to develop it. Sometimes you hit, sometimes you don't - as with 4 star busts like Josh Wright, Dayshawn Wright and Mike Jones

You have such high standards Dude, Champ, Bud, Sport, Bro, Big Guy, Chief, Kiddo, Pal. It takes a real man like you to call out players directly to their family members. Well done.

Then maybe family members shouldn't post on PUBLIC forums if they cant handle criticism.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom